WWhere There's a WWhisk, There's a WWay! - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A good defense is to blame Mel. Because no matter his affiliation there is something to blame him for.

The flavor of how you attack him will be used as your defense.
I mean, I'm quite certain my views of CheezyD are well-known to anyone who's played in a game with us. :p
aZVN3BR.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Totally agree.

However, I am going to have to go back and re-read some of these quick-to-strategize posts later tonight because it is kinda sketchy. D1 is such a guessing game and jumping onto people for lynching a random person doesn't sit right with me (looking at you, LIS). I thought D1 lynches were a shot in the dark anyways and I don't think that's indicative of a wolf, imo.

1) The entire GAME is a guessing game.

2) If you try you CAN get wolves D1. History proves it. It does not have to be (and shouldn't be) a random voting day. That's bull****.

3) With regard to "looking at you":

bucket

Reactions: 7 users
Well the wifi at my house sucks today so like the dedicated ww player I think I am, I'm at a coffee shop now. Got a lot to catch up on.

Reactions: 2 users
D1 is a lot like I approach baking things--look in the fridge, then in the pantry, see what ingredients I have; then decide what I am hungry for; wait, do have the stuff to make that? No, well, ok, what can I make out of what I have...do I have a recipe for that? hmm...let me look...nope. ok, what else can I make? O, cool, I can make this!! LOL

Do you have a point?

Reactions: 1 user
Who do you currently find suspicious and why?

Currently the person I voted to lynch, vmh. I thought it was odd that he jumped down the throats of those that were answering noobs questions. I need to go back and reread to see if anything/one else looks suspicious.

Members don't see this ad :)
D1 Keep Calm and Bake On Lynch Tally

VA (1) - capri
Paws () -
Mixy (3) - lawp, KL, pippy
finn (2) - paws, VA
Kski (1) - cray
nohika (3) - am, lis, mel
KL (1) - boo
vmh (3) - allie, bryndy, trilt
mel (3) - nohika, kski, finn
lawp (2) - Mixy, sky
allie (1) - snowy
sky (1) - vmh
Cray (1) - cdo

:shifty: :heckyeah: A four-way tie! :heckyeah: :shifty:

Missing: @Stella Mudd, @fromthebox

22/24

Deadline Midnight EST Today/tonight (~2.5 hours)

0dc0ff41bb6cb23651751535711d8846--chef-quotes-baking-quotes.jpg

In terms of reads...
AM is acting sketchy to me. I don't tend to be an over-the-top defender; as trilt pointed out I'm rather known for my nonchalance. But otherwise AM is as...AM as ever.
Trilt is acting like village trout. Not worried about her.
Cray is being cray.
LIS is cranky old man, also not ringing bells.
Finn is reading village to me. I've been there where people trot something out as "wolfy evidence" when it really isn't backed up by statistics.
I think cdo is someone to watch for a while. Could have been drinking and WWing, could have been something else.
Sky is a lot of fluff, as others have mentioned.
I'm also quite interested in lawper, who was one of the first to get a few votes (I think) yet hasn't really posted a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with this, I think its awesome to have people answer questions (some of which more than one person may have) on the thread. We could ask in mod pm, but at least if we ask here they are not getting asked the same thing several times. I don't like that vmh jumped on the players who were trying to be helpful. Villager or wolf, getting answers to our questions really helps make sense of the game (duh). So for now I will

lynch vmh

because I agree with Allie that trying to point fingers at those who are being helpful is not cool (for lack of something more articulate).

Not a fan of bryndiana.jones play so far. It's very "I'm gonna try and safely ride <anybody else's> coattails to a vote."

Reactions: 3 users
Actually, was me trying to be a little silly with the frustration I feel on D1. D1 is all about looking around, trying to figure things (and people) out...liking other people's ideas, and theories, trying to come up with my own. And yes, I am a noob..this is only the 3rd game ever to play.

Ok. What have you figured out so far?

You're asking about the password that is just your social security number and date of birth, right?
His social security number is in roman numerals....

Reactions: 9 users
Perhaps it's just the way you phrased it that rubbed me the wrong way. "Finn did this in game *insert specific game here* and was a wolf" is very different than "Finn does this as a wolf". I hate when people use the latter falsely because let's be honest, half of the WW players don't bother to check if what someone is saying about a particular player is true. The fact is I did this once as wolf, I also do it as a villager, it has zero connection to my affiliation if you actually take the time to look at past games.

And yet look at how quickly Mel agreed with your untrue statement. Then made his own false statement (that I posted early in the speed game and earned village credit for it--which can't be true because I didn't vote early in the speed game) and someone later repeated his false statement as if it were true.

At any rate my response has been larger than you might have expected for two reasons:
1.) The fact that you lynched me for voting early when you knew my vote as preplanned earned a few sketch points for you in my opinion... because logically if I'm doing a lynch that is somewhat of a joke and have it planned ahead of time there's no reason to sit and wait if I'm already online.

2.) There's an activity requirement in this game and I don't know how active I plan to be today so I wanted to knock out some of my posts for this cycle yesterday.

This post might stink of "you're suspicious of me correctly, but for all the wrong reasons." Not really sure. Feels vaguely off.

Already been there done that. For my second game ever I'd like to avoid getting village lynched while villager. It only gets in the way of lynching the wolves.

LOL. I would like to avoid getting village lynched as well when I'm a villager... and when I'm a wolf... and when I'm a third party...

I haven't read today's thread at all & don't have the time until later.

For now

###lynch otter###

I don't like hydras as a rule

A vote here just because you don't like hydras? I don't like it. Would rather have a vote with better reasoning.

you'll only have to rely on your meta read of one player though since only one of us is posting.

I strongly disagree with this.

Sure, only one person is posting, but you're going to naturally pull in thoughts/tangents/suspicions/phrasings/etc from kcoughli. It definitely can/will impact your meta.

I generally don't like hydras... but I haven't decided if I like this type of hydra more or less. I feel like it's just going to make me constantly say "Is that Ski or is that Kcoughli trying to sneak through in Ski's post?"

Like I said, I mentioned in the noob game. The fact I mentioned it *again* here (althought prefaced with "everyone should know"), well at that point everyone really should know. Just saying, people asked where I am, and at least 10 people playing this game easily knew that I mentioned being in LA AND flying out today. I think I even mentioned it in the sign up thread for this very game.

Because I'm usually on here 99% of the time, and I know how much people obsess over comings and goings om SDN in WW. So it's been a topic of convo for 3 weeks with many of you. Maybe not all, but then again, if it's mentioned in sign up thread or here no one has an excuse to not be aware.

My point was that even if you didn't know from this thread or sign up it's easily found elsewhere, in a thread that is even basically titled cray's whereabouts.

I guess we can say that this is, at least, classic CrayCray: Spend entire posts talking about herself.

Reactions: 2 users
I only had 2 posts before the first today, and to be honest, I don't really have much strategic basis for voting one way or another right now: i'm essentially voting at random. So since I needed to throw in a third post and was gonna be on awhile while I ran some financial bookkeeping, I thought tapping into my atavistic villager prejudices against things that sound monstrous might prove enlightening.

Also, I'm hitting the gym as soon as I post this, so I'm not gonna be responding to anything.

Really not liking any of this. Or any of VA's previous posts. Probably gonna move my vote here.

If you love sleep as much as I do, then that's... a lot

Sleep is my favourite hobby.

:eyebrow:

I'm gunna have to agree with Paws here. I read this as fluff and not helpful at all.

Unlynch VMH
Lynch Killer

I read it as just being silly trying to go with the theme. Why does it seem more wolfy then fluff posts other people have made?

2) If you try you CAN get wolves D1. History proves it. It does not have to be (and shouldn't be) a random voting day. That's bull****.
That's what everyone has told me. I haven't seen it yet (besides greeney, which I still think was luck), but I will eat my hat when it happens.

ps pls don't eat my head off. you scare me slightly

Please explain meta analysis.

This is probably a question for @DVMDream

I played one game with Mel where he was village. He has a certain type of logic.

Next game I figured out he was wolf (first time in my life I was like WOLF GET ME MY GUN) and it was simply a couple posts that sounded like him, but the logic was just a *bit* off.)

Most wolves I've been right about, same sorta thing. And my metas on several were from 1 game. Maybe just idiot savanting, I dunno.

It's hard to make a meta off of 1 or 2 games. I know, because I try and fail most times. I feel like if it's only after one game you find a wolf off their per se "meta" thats more luck then strategy for the majority of people you try to read.

Mmmm but an easy lynch target due to her... nonchalance in general.

Any other feels? I personally feel you've been much more delightfully aggressive than this the last couple games and this is very g o with the flow for you.

I like this reasoning. AM hasn't been her aggressive self. But it's D1. And Trilt is giving me feelz so I don't know how I feel about agreeing with her about this.

You forgot to ask if you were a wolf or not, since it's D1 and you haven't read your PM yet.

I read my damn PM! Granted, I didn't do it until tonight, but....

Best part was that somebody took my post over in sign-up seriously and actually added me to the observer thread. Ahhhahahahahahaha.

Reactions: 10 users