This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WHICH PROGRAM?

• Midwestern MBS (2 year)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Tufts MBS

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Rutgers Dental Scholars MBS

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

futuredentist0641

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The tougher the program, the more prepared you'll be for D school. You got this! wherever you end up going!

Reactions: 1 users
Rutgers was a fine program, def doable in a year. I got 2 interviews after submitting my academic update (with a cGPA of a 3.09, up from a 3.0) and eventually one acceptance. You can take classes with the dental school students which is pretty chill and they do guarantee an interview if you have above certain stats (i dont recall what they are exactly). The masters level courses are good and you really learn a lot. The tests are all mc and online so they aren't too hard. That being said, Newark is a garbage city and its only redeeming quality is that it's a 20 minute train to NYC. I don't know anything about the one at tufts so i can't speak to whether its better than rutgers, but I know rutgers did the job for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
All 3 programs are great. All 3 will be difficult but that’s expected from a masters program.
I would choose the cheapest program

I have almost same situation. I'm predental and got accepted to MBS at Tufts and trying to make decision soon. What do you guys think about the chance of getting into dental school after this program?

I have almost same situation. I'm predental and got accepted to MBS at Tufts and trying to make decision soon. What do you guys think about the chance of getting into dental school after this program?
Where else did you get in besides Tufts? Chances are always slim for every program. We dont know your background and stats so its hard to say..

Where else did you get in besides Tufts? Chances are always slim for every program. We dont know your background and stats so its hard to say..

My undergrad gap is about 3.3 and my dat score is 19 AA , 22 reading comprehension , 22 PAT and 20 Math. I talked to some MBS students who were predental and they all got into Tufts dental school. Tufts MBS is my only master option and I applied very late (about 10 days ago) and I just got in two days ago.

My undergrad gap is about 3.3 and my dat score is 19 AA , 22 reading comprehension , 22 PAT and 20 Math. I talked to some MBS students who were predental and they all got into Tufts dental school. Tufts MBS is my only master option and I applied very late (about 10 days ago) and I just got in two days ago.
Your stats are good enough assuming that your sgpa is not too deviated from the overall. Tbh I dont think you need to do a masters with those stats. Tufts MBS is an expensive program..and doesn’t guarantee you a spot at Tufts dental..only a select few will be offered admissions.. Also know that there are predents who interviewed in the previous cycle and received conditional acceptances to do a masters at Tufts.
You have a good chance so just apply broadly this cycle and save yourself $80K..

Last edited:
Cheapest cost of living. I think all those schools cost the same so it's basically cost of living.
As the great mr. T would say "I pity the fool who finishes d school with 550k in loans"

It doesn't matter which program you pick out of the 3. If you get above a 3.5, you'll get in somewhere.
Tufts won't favor students from their MBS program unless you were granted a conditional acceptance. They just like masters students in general.
As @FanOfCostco said, Id' pick the cheapest one.

Your stats are good enough assuming that your sgpa is not too deviated from the overall. Tbh I dont think you need to do a masters with those stats. Tufts MBS is an expensive program..and doesn’t guarantee you a spot at Tufts dental..only a select few will be offered admissions.. Also know that there are predents who interviewed in the previous cycle and received conditional acceptances to do a masters at Tufts..so it’ll definitely be more competitive to gain an acceptance at Tufts dental. If you want a higher chance..consider BU OHS. Around 90% of its graduates matriculate to BU dental.
You have a good chance so just apply broadly this cycle and save yourself $80K..
I will say, as current Tufts student, those who did MBS, and do well, get in here. A ton, and I do mean a ton, of both my class and that below me, are Tufts MBS program grads, and they all smoke the curriculum here because they have the same professors teaching the same material.

That said, it is expensive, though in a better location than BU. BU does have nicer toys however.

It doesn't matter which program you pick out of the 3. If you get above a 3.5, you'll get in somewhere.
Tufts won't favor students from their MBS program unless you were granted a conditional acceptance. They just like masters students in general.
As @FanOfCostco said, Id' pick the cheapest one.
Tufts is actually extremely nepotistic, and they do love their own previous students (so long as you did well).

Your list looks good. I'd recommend checking out/applying to VCU, Maryland, UCSF, and CWRU too.
Tufts is actually extremely nepotistic, and they do love their own previous students (so long as you did well).

Tufts will love you as long as you do well in pretty much any masters program.
I would consider them to be nepotistic if they take you regardless of how you did in their MBS program.