Y!IFMBA: Random thoughts of the pediatric minded

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the radio they were pregame talking about how Purdue stinks (slow big ten team :cool:) and Baylor would kill them.....

well, they didn't. G was a very sad panda yesterday. If they'd made it to the second round he was going to meet up with his best friend to try to get tickets to the game. OH well.

My horns however.. are going to DOMINATE today ! :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

The only headache i have is from watching the wildcats game last night :thumbdown:thumbdown

SOOOO irritating. But i guess if i had to choose something to go wrong yesterday i would rather have it be the evening than the morning!!!
Big 10 was 3 for 3, Pac 10 on the other hand... :sleep:
Asleep at the wheel.

Wonder how many post-Match party headaches/hangovers there are this morning? :smuggrin:

One, right here :D

It was a great past couple days....I matched at my #1, Amanda got voted off American Idol....who could ask for anything more? Had to celebrate it :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
One, right here :D

It was a great past couple days....I matched at my #1, Amanda got voted off American Idol....who could ask for anything more? Had to celebrate it :laugh:
:laugh:

Okay, I'll give you Amanda this week. But now it's past, past time for Kristie Lee to go! ;)

how 'bout Davidson and Western Kentucky! :wow:

Predictions:

UNC and Tenn - UNC to FF

KU and Wisc - Wisc to FF

Texas and Memphis - Texas to FF

UCLA and WVU - WVU to FF

other guesses? Come on folks, you gotta pull out some upset possibilities here....

WVU is the longest shot of my group.....

Predictions:

UCLA and WVU - WVU to FF

After watching these two teams in the tourney so far...I don't think that is too big of a long shot.

I think Memphis is too athletic for Texas, but not talented enough for UNC.

Given my awesome prognostic skills from the week before :thumbdown:thumbdown :laugh:

Ill try:

UNC and Tenn --> UNC
KU and Davidson :eek: --> KU
Memphis and Stanford --> Stanford (only if their coach doesnt get thrown out in the first half again
UCLA and Xavier --> UCLA

Final Four
UNC over KU
UCLA over Stanford

Champs: UNC

Given my awesome prognostic skills from the week before :thumbdown:thumbdown :laugh:

Ill try:

UNC and Tenn --> UNC
KU and Davidson :eek: --> KU
Memphis and Stanford --> Stanford (only if their coach doesnt get thrown out in the first half again
UCLA and Xavier --> UCLA

Final Four
UNC over KU
UCLA over Stanford

This would make me unspeakably happy.

UGH!!! no more UNC. one of my classmates is from UNC, and when they beat Illinois a few years back (devastating+pity+), where a large percentage of my classmates, including myself, went to undergrad, he showed up in head to toe (literally) UNC attire. And i can't cheer for KU cause of Bill Self. What a terrible tourney this year. I think we should talk about idol again- and i don't even know who got kicked off last week!

m1234d:

I only have one year to mention: 2005.

Remember? Elite 8? Allstate Arena?

Arizona beating undefeated Illinois by 15 with 4 minutes to play?

THEN... :boom:

Choke. Self destruct.
But it's ok. I'm not bitter at all.
As long as UCLA doesnt win; I cant take a year of Pac-10 ball again with those fools as champs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idol time! ;)

David Cook never ceases to amaze me. It took me a moment to figure out which song he was doing! Kristy Lee had her best night so far, I'd say.

Idol time! ;)

David Cook never ceases to amaze me. It took me a moment to figure out which song he was doing! Kristy Lee had her best night so far, I'd say.

David Cook was AMAZING!!

However, that amazement was short-lived when my husband said that version of Billie Jean reminded him of something....then after a few minutes of googling it....Chris Cornell's nearly identical version he recorded some years ago. It's like (I swear, I'm not an Idol addict, I've only watched it for three seasons, but I just happen to remember this) when Chris Daughtry did Live's version of "Walk the Line," and everyone praised him for his original arrangement. Then the next week, he managed to sneak in giving credit to Live so that he wasn't accused of stealing it since he got such adoration for it.

I still loved David Cook's performance, though. I just wish it was his version, not someone else's. :cool:

Yeah, Kristy Lee did have her best performance so far. Now I'm wondering who will go home tomorrow....Chikezie, maybe? Ramiele?

David Cook was fantabulous, but that's interesting to know that it was Chris Cornell's version....but I must admit I still *heart* him. Even if it wasn't entirely original, it was definitely brave and pushed the envelope!

Oh, and what the heck was that song David A. sang? I mean, it had a nice message and all but I've never heard it!

Now I'm wondering who will go home tomorrow....Chikezie, maybe? Ramiele?

Nooooooooooooooooo, not Chikezie!! I don't know why I have such a huge, gigantor crush on him!! :love:

However, I can't complain if I don't vote!! Which I don't. I swear!!

Yeah, Kristy Lee did have her best performance so far. Now I'm wondering who will go home tomorrow....Chikezie, maybe? Ramiele?

David Cook was fantabulous, but that's interesting to know that it was Chris Cornell's version....but I must admit I still *heart* him. Even if it wasn't entirely original, it was definitely brave and pushed the envelope!

Oh, and what the heck was that song David A. sang? I mean, it had a nice message and all but I've never heard it!
I loved Simon's remark about David A's song sounding like one of those hideous things they play on continuous loop in a theme park. :laugh: He's so right!

As for David Cook's arrangement, well I'm not surprised. I would have been shocked to hear that he had done that fabulous arrangement himself.

I'm worried about Carly and Brooke because they both had back-to-back mediocre weeks.

But I don't vote either, so I guess I have no room to complain!

Yes, I'm concerned for Carly and Brooke, too, because I really like both of them and don't want them to go!!!

Oh, and YES Simon was right on the money about David A. being a Disney performance! I can see him singing on the steps of the Cinderella castle!! hehe! Seriously though, Disney should pick him up for a show or something....i think he'd do really well there, what with his teeny bopper following! Watch out Hannah Montana, here comes David! :D

I like Chikezie too, but the competition is so tight this year that even really talented people are gonna have to go home, unfortunately.

About to go fix my dinner and start watching!!!

m1234d:

I only have one year to mention: 2005.

Remember? Elite 8? Allstate Arena?

oh -- i remember. i was at joe's on weed street with every other illini alum in chicago, absolutely freaking out. that was definitely the best game i ever cared about (save the 1985-86 Bears superbowl, which i was too young to really remember, and definitely too young to appreciate)

do non chicagoans know the superbowl shuffle? http://www.metacafe.com/watch/69344/super_bowl_shuffle/

oh -- (save the 1985 Bears superbowl, which i was too young to really remember, and definitely too young to appreciate)

I wasn't too young to remember or appreciate that team. They were a lot of fun to watch. So what has happened to "The Refrigerator"?

Wiki has this tidbit about him

Perry went on to play for ten years in the NFL. His Super Bowl ring size is the largest of any professional football player in the history of the event. His ring size is 25, while the ring size for the average adult male is between 10 and 12.

So I was a bit surprised at last night's bottom 3!! Especially Jason Castro being in it! :( Dangit, I guess I'm gonna have to start voting now. hahahaha.

I'm afraid Syesha will go soon, since she was in the bottom three last night after what I thought was a really good performance.

And Kristy Lee wasn't even in the bottom 3!! I guess America loved her patriotism!

So I was a bit surprised at last night's bottom 3!! Especially Jason Castro being in it! :( Dangit, I guess I'm gonna have to start voting now. hahahaha.

I'm afraid Syesha will go soon, since she was in the bottom three last night after what I thought was a really good performance.

And Kristy Lee wasn't even in the bottom 3!! I guess America loved her patriotism!

I can't talk about last night. It's a sore subject. Chikezie was my future second husband. Now, I miss him dearly. :oops:

Kristy Lee is also votefortheworst.com's newest cause. I'm guessing that's why. :smuggrin:

Yeah, I'm gonna miss Chikezie. He had personality, which several others are lacking.

As for Kristy Lee, Simon told her it was a very smart song choice. I knew it would save her butt.

I think Jason was in the bottom 3 because his last 2 weeks just weren't that memorable. He'd better do something really memorable this coming week or he's in trouble. He's competing with David A for the young female vote, don't you think?

Perry went on to play for ten years in the NFL. His Super Bowl ring size is the largest of any professional football player in the history of the event. His ring size is 25, while the ring size for the average adult male is between 10 and 12.

Mine is an 8 1/2. THREE TIMES LARGER!!!

The 85 bears are such publicity hogs, when in Chicago they can always been seen/heard hawking some small local company/store.

But damn they had flash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU

In other news: great Xavier game with WV; the others...yawn!

I really think NC will roll through the tourney if they keep playing like this.

Predictions:

UNC and Tenn - UNC to FF

KU and Wisc - Wisc to FF

Texas and Memphis - Texas to FF

UCLA and WVU - WVU to FF

other guesses? Come on folks, you gotta pull out some upset possibilities here....

Hmm, not my strongest set of predictions ever. Texas was disappointing in particular.

After watching these two teams in the tourney so far...I don't think that is too big of a long shot.

I think Memphis is too athletic for Texas, but not talented enough for UNC.

Mephis did prove too athletic for Texas!

Well after my prescient Davidson prediction (although i dont think that makes up for Arizona's flame out...stupid divorce of stupid head coach, taking stupid season off...:thumbdown:), 3 out of 4 aint bad.

I have to say though; 4 #1 seeds....boring. I could say that UNC vs Kansas in a Roy Williams Death Match would be entertaining, but I know the media is going to beat this like this this week:

:beat:

I stand by my predictions and champion...we will see

speaking of publicity hogs, i'd have to say the 72 dolphins are a greater publicity hog than the bears. For fun look at their opponents win percentage that season. Spoiler: its about 33%. They were a great team, NOT the greatest team ever, & would not have beaten the steeler teams from later in the decade nor some of the other great teams since, yet they pop that champagne every year.

this year was too top heavy in college BB, that's why i think that david stern's thought of increasing the age of entry into the NBA to 20 years, although a violation of civil rights, would improve college bball considerably.

all my brackets have UCLA...

oh and i hate Tyler Hansborough, but god did he hit those big shots against Louisville.

Well, since I'm on such a roll this year, I'll take UNC over Kansas (that seems obvious), Memphis over UCLA and UNC for the win.

Favorite college tournament win to watch (since tOSU over Cal in 1960....) had to be NC State's Valvano win in 1983. I had no connection with NCState, but that was a great win. RIP Jimmy V.:thumbup:

Well, since I'm on such a roll this year, I'll take UNC over Kansas (that seems obvious), Memphis over UCLA and UNC for the win.

I agree with this predicition...and I pray for a KU loss (that's really all I care about at this point).

Argh. BTGH pedi EC totally exploded today. What's up with that?

Oh, and yeah, the Astros suck. Grr.

You mean there were more than 3 patients during a shift??

Hey, I hope all you people going to Hawaii next month weren't booked on Aloha Airlines. My parents flew to Hawaii on Monday on Aloha's 4th to last flight ever. They found out the evening before their trip that they could get there, but they'd have to make other arrangements to get back, as well as to get from the Big Island to Maui. No refunds from Aloha. $900 later, they have a new inter-island transfer flight and a flight back home. Not the best way to start a vacation, but they seem to be having a good time anyway.

Favorite college tournament win to watch (since tOSU over Cal in 1960....) had to be NC State's Valvano win in 1983. I had no connection with NCState, but that was a great win. RIP Jimmy V.:thumbup:

I vividly remember watching that game with my dad. I lived four streets over from Jimmy V in Cary, NC at the time. The neighborhood spray painted his driveway red that night. You could hear the entire neighborhood erupt when that basket went in!

I vividly remember watching that game with my dad. I lived four streets over from Jimmy V in Cary, NC at the time. The neighborhood spray painted his driveway red that night. You could hear the entire neighborhood erupt when that basket went in!

Nice memory :thumbup:.

Did you guys know him?

I'm working there this month. After hearing the "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees" (Cary) acronym for 6 years but never really visiting, I'm really liking the town. Very family friendly.

It's been really busy at The Big Children's Hospital ER the past couple of days too...hospital's full so pts are hanging for hours and hours in the ER waiting on beds, which of course in turn means that the waiting room is constantly full too.

Idol idle. I missed the performances this week. (stoopid tivo not working)

I wasn't surprised at the results. Brooke shouldn't have been in the bottom 3, though. She better do something great next week!

Idol idle. I missed the performances this week. (stoopid tivo not working)

I wasn't surprised at the results. Brooke shouldn't have been in the bottom 3, though. She better do something great next week!

Eh, performances were mostly mediocre anyway!! I'm ok with the results -- Ramiele is great, but I have ones I like more!! Namely, Brooke!!

I'm working there this month. After hearing the "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees" (Cary) acronym for 6 years but never really visiting, I'm really liking the town. Very family friendly.

i really really liked it when I lived there. Granted, it was much much smaller and *I* was much much smaller. It was 1980-1988. We lived on a cul-du-sac in a neighborhood with Greenbelts behind every house. (Kildaire Farms if you happen to go by it)I could run to all my friends houses and never go near a street. I loved NC cuz it had four distinct seasons. My family still has property in the mountains there. :love:

i really really liked it when I lived there. Granted, it was much much smaller and *I* was much much smaller. It was 1980-1988. We lived on a cul-du-sac in a neighborhood with Greenbelts behind every house. (Kildaire Farms if you happen to go by it)I could run to all my friends houses and never go near a street. I loved NC cuz it had four distinct seasons. My family still has property in the mountains there. :love:
Yup, that's right around where the practice is. The medical bldg was built in '87, right on the corner of Kildaire Farm Rd and Cary Parkway. I might have been working with your old doc, although she didn't move into that bldg until '93. She was the only female pediatrician in Cary when she started the practice in 1980. The original office was on the corner of Chatham and Academy Streets in downtown Cary.

I'm a huge fan of NC - I could see us staying long term for sure.

Dang this isn't my year for predictions...:rolleyes:. Good thing I didn't bet real cash on this.

UNC sure laid an egg.....

Okay, I've got Memphis over Kansas in what should be a great game, but since there hasn't been a close finish in a while in this tournament, hard to say.

Dang this isn't my year for predictions...:rolleyes:. Good thing I didn't bet real cash on this.

UNC sure laid an egg.....

Okay, I've got Memphis over Kansas in what should be a great game, but since there hasn't been a close finish in a while in this tournament, hard to say.

I never would have thought Kansas would pull it off over UNC...I knew UCLA didn't have what it takes to go all the way.

Well, here's hoping that Memphis gives it to Kansas. :thumbup: