Y!IFMBA: Random thoughts of the pediatric minded

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Although i am sooooo thankful the bruins lost :thumbup:; i am completely stunned at yesterday's developments. I'll take Memphis tomorrow, with saying i have no idea whats going to happen. :)

~Crazy

Members don't see this ad.

March Madness is over, but Idol is still here! :smuggrin:

I'm sad though, David Cook and Carly had lackluster performances. :( And I'm sorry to say that Kristy Lee actually did quite well (for her). Carly will be on the chopping block, for sure. Maybe David can sail through on his popularity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idol. :eek: I would never have predicted that result!

Just watched it today. I'm SOOOOOOOO upset. I screamed when I heard the result!! I swear, Idol does this just to make people vote halfway through the top 12. Michael Johns so rocked my socks :(:(:(:(

Anyone watching the Masters? Nope? Neither am I :laugh:....

But I am watching it on ESPN on-line - much less boring than on tv. I'll check in tomorrow and see if Tiger has made it close enough to care about the ending.

I'm not a huge golf fan, but I do like watching it on HD. Pretty scenery.

Plus Tiger is pretty damn good.

Hmm... I don't follow hockey. You're cheering about the Philadelphia Flyers right?

If you are a Philly fan I can understand your disdain for da Boys. We were able to whip TO into shape. ;)
;) Obviously that is the case ... :laugh: (me being a philly fan of course, the jury is out on TO still ... :smuggrin: )

Gah! The Flyers?? Come on, mushy...

Canadians! :clap:
:rolleyes: Unless The Rocket is back (or maybe Roy I don't wanna watch. ;) Plus Montrealians don't like americans, something to do with Quebec being French ;)

American Idol fans still out there? It was an interesting week. Neither of the bottom 2 should have been there on this particular week, in my opinion. I still want David Cook to win it. :)

i will remain mum on the results, except to say i was very surprised. i like david c, but i still really like brooke- even if she did mess up last night (i heard, didn't watch)

so excited for this week to be over, almost done!

American Idol fans still out there? It was an interesting week. Neither of the bottom 2 should have been there on this particular week, in my opinion. I still want David Cook to win it. :)

Shocking, then not-so-shocking when I thought about it more....but, we'll refrain from any real names until tomorrrow, hehe. Then it's open season!! :D

However, I will say votefortheworst probably still had something to do with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if VFTW had anything to do with saving Brooke this week, I can't complain. She did have an awful performance, but she's such a talented singer and performer when she's "on." But then, so is Carly. :( I like Jason, but he is not billboard star material. He's probably the weakest of them up there at this point.

Jason is just too hilarious for words. He cracks me up!! I'm ok with Carly going. She was great, but she just never had spectacular performances aside from a couple. She could have done way better. My four top favorites are still there. Minus a Michael Johns.

Still bitter.

Yeah, I really wish Carly could have stayed. :( But she handled it very gracefully, and I bet this isn't the last we'll hear from her!

I felt so bad for Brooke with her mess-up...I was really glad she was safe. I really like her...she seems so "real" and genuine, and I thought her performance this week (aside from the startover) was really beautiful.

Jason, I still definitely like. It was a kind of weird song choice, though, but he did a nice job with it.

David Cook....:love: I think it was sooo smart of him to sing classic Broadway, without doing a new arrangement. Now we know that not only can he totally ROCK but he has a reallllly nice voice, too. He has proven that he is versatile across genres.

The important question is, David Cook or David Archuleta?

That IS a very important question!!

I'm going to have to go with Archuleta....he's still just so cute. And the teen girl vote is not to be underestimated :rolleyes:

That IS a very important question!!

I'm going to have to go with Archuleta....he's still just so cute. And the teen girl vote is not to be underestimated :rolleyes:
*gah* He is very talented, but couldn't they just give him a Disney contract? I'll be thinking about buying Cook's CD when it comes out. Archuleta is too young and sugar-coated for me. ;)

I'll be thinking about buying Cook's CD when it comes out.

I'm not really a rock fan, I guess....contemporary, at least. David Cook is good on the show, and I'm totally rooting for him to be in the final two, but I'd never buy his album in a million years. :( Same went for Chris Daughtry....

Now, classic rock, however, is a different story. I live for it.

Anyway. David Archuleta's voice just melts me....in an "I realize he's young enough to be my patient," innocent sort of way!!

Anybody else having a minor stress-out over graduation or impending intern year? Don't know why it should be happening this particular weekend, but it is for me. :oops:

I'm graduating? Really? I think i'm having an out of body experience. :)

spurs smurs....

when do my bears start?

The Bears start whenever Cedric Benson stops getting pepper-sprayed and Lovie Smith/Jerry Angelo et al realize that neither Orton or Grossman is the answer at QB. I hate saying that. Hopefully we will be looking at 8-8 this year. Optimism.

Oh by the way, i HATE the spurs, Robert Horry, and all of the Suns-destroying you have done over the last 5 years.

One last thing...don't anyone expect me to become a Browns fan :D

The Bears start whenever Cedric Benson stops getting pepper-sprayed and Lovie Smith/Jerry Angelo et al realize that neither Orton or Grossman is the answer at QB. I hate saying that. Hopefully we will be looking at 8-8 this year. Optimism.

Oh by the way, i HATE the spurs, Robert Horry, and all of the Suns-destroying you have done over the last 5 years.

One last thing...don't anyone expect me to become a Browns fan :D

Lack of defense destroyed the Suns :smuggrin:

Defense wins championships!

Lack of defense destroyed the Suns :smuggrin:

Defense wins championships!

I'll give you the Robert Horry comment though...if he wasn't on my team, I'd hate him too.

Doubtful. But, we'll see. Who do you have as the East Champion? I'd say Detroit, but it's a hard one to predict.

The east champion hangs on the balance of a hamstring/groin.

Doubtful. But, we'll see.

Yeah, the road has been rough on every team this playoffs.

If LA keeps playing like they do...it doesn't matter who wins.

Even though I'm an avid SA fan, a NO vs LA match-up would be fun to watch.

At least the Cubs won. Although, someone asked me earlier this week if I was excited for the Cubs sweep of the D-Backs...I responded that I was only a little excited because as a Cubs fan, you cant get excited about anything they do in May.

Because...well...you know...they are the Cubs

Oh, and by the way, regarding the western conference, i'm rooting for the referees since the only team i despise more than the lakers is the spurs.

Oh, and by the way, regarding the western conference, i'm rooting for the referees since the only team i despise more than the lakers is the spurs.

Don't hate the player...hate the game.

Be nice to her. She's about to become a DOCTOR! :bow:

and you know that as an INTERN she won't be watching American Idol next year.:smuggrin:+pity+

Whereas you as an MS-4, will have lots of free time...

No redirecting!!

:p

4th year is great, once you get past wondering where you'll be going for residency.

:p

4th year is great, once you get past wondering where you'll be going for residency.

I'm a little anxious for my upcoming sub-I, but it should be all down-hill after that.

I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be going for res...no one else wants to come here :laugh:

But it's all in the hands of the match gods

I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be going for res...no one else wants to come here :laugh:

But it's all in the hands of the match gods

Don't you have to decide WHAT you are going to do before you decide WHERE you plan to do it??;)

I think David is going to win AI.