Yale Decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to you guys!!!

For me it's another top school, no go. :cool:

Me too apparently. Penn's my only hope now... apart from waitlists I guess. Who knew it was so hard to get into a top school ;)

Members don't see this ad.

fotografía;4928173 said:
Me too apparently. Penn's my only hope now... apart from waitlists I guess. Who knew it was so hard to get into a top school ;)

I wish you luck! Just to let you know how random this whole thing is, I didn't get interviews from Stanford, Hopkins, Cornell, and UPenn, was waitlisted at Duke, Columbia, and Wash U, and was rejected at Harvard. Yale was the last top school that I was waiting to hear from, which turned out to be worth waiting for. So it's not over yet, and if you interviewed at Yale and Penn, you must have some other awesome choices.

no email here either. which I'm totally okay about, I'm not sure if I would have gotten any work done at Yale! Its a really awesome school though and the students really love it, so congrats to the rest of y'all!

I'm with fotografia- crossing my fingers for Penn!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everybody!!! I didn't even get an interview there, but I am so excited for everyone. :)

fotografía;4928173 said:
Seriously...wtf are those top schools thinking??? ;)

Hopefully waitlists will move...I'm in the same position, but waiting for UCSF.

Good luck!

Just found out that I got in!!

Seriously...wtf are those top schools thinking??? ;)

Hopefully waitlists will move...I'm in the same position, but waiting for UCSF.

Good luck!

I'm in the same boat... Geez I spent so much money on the Yale interivew... It would be so nice to have that money in my hands right now... :laugh:
Hopefully I will get some good news from UCSF... :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Dear ***************:

Wait...it had your name in it? Mine said "Dear Accepted Applicant:" hah...I don't think this makes a difference, but it would be random if they sent it out two ways. Congrats to everybody.

got the email, congrats to everyone, good luck to those waiting

Are you all East-Coasters? I've got nothing, but not sure if the e-mails come out when our local time corresponds to Eastern. : (.

yea ive got nothing as well... i thought my yale interview went well and not so bad, but who knows... this process is so random!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, someone said they got it at 1:xx PST.

So now comes the hard part of waiting to hear whether I got rejected or waitlisted :scared: Does anyone know when to expect the letters if you live in TN?

Congrats to all accepted students!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wait...it had your name in it? Mine said "Dear Accepted Applicant:" hah...I don't think this makes a difference, but it would be random if they sent it out two ways. Congrats to everybody.

MSTP has the personalization it seems.

nothing so far. This and HMS in the same week, bummer :(

Ditto. I'll hope for the waitlist.

nothing for me either
sucks to get only top school interviews for an average applicant like me
no acceptance,,, only waitlists and rejections so far.
waiting for stanford decision, but at this pace, probably a rejection or a waitlist for me. =( =( =( i guess i'll have to take MCAT AGAIN and start thinking about reapplying. *poop*

Another top school come and go? :(
any one can confirm, do they send out all the acceptance in one batch? anything to wait for tomorrow? at all...

Yeah. I'm not going to complain because I was lucky enough to get UCSF. but Harvard and Yale, ouch. Good luck everyone waiting, and waiting on other schools.

Congrats to all of you that got in!!!

nothing for me either
waiting for stanford decision, but at this pace, probably a rejection or a waitlist for me. =( =( =( i guess i'll have to take MCAT AGAIN and start thinking about reapplying. *poop*

Yeah I know what you mean...this sucks :(

nothing for me either

everything u said, minus the stanford cauz i didnt apply there

Nothing in CA...oh well..not too hot about New Haven. :D

Congrats to everyone and best of luck :love:

congrats on those who got in.. I guess i'll see if I got a waitlist or rejectiiioon....

Anyone know if they comp your revisit? I could care less whether I have to stay with a student or not, but it would be nice to have the flight paid for.

those of us left holding the short end of the stick should keep in mind that yale accepts really conservatively at first and puts a ton of people on the waitlist because they dont like to go over a class size of 100. so, i think we can reasonably hold out hope until we get the letter next week and see if we made the waitlist and if so, how high we are on it.

Here is the link to the 2006 Yale Waitlist Thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=269631&highlight=Yale+Waitlist+2006

The short answer is that it looks a little crazy - the waitlist letter didn't seem to give any indication of rank, but they initially said that once all of the waitlist letters had been returned, they would come up with a tiered waitlist. Some people got emails from Richard Silverman saying that they were in a special highly highly ranked waitlist and were invited to revist weekend. The rest had to call Yale on a special day to talk with Mr. Silverman -- it seemed like the intention of this was to find out rank, but I'm not sure that that happened for everyone...

Some people from this thread actually did get in though, so here's to hoping! :oops:

Here is the link to the 2006 Yale Waitlist Thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=269631&highlight=Yale+Waitlist+2006

The short answer is that it looks a little crazy - the waitlist letter didn't seem to give any indication of rank, but they initially said that once all of the waitlist letters had been returned, they would come up with a tiered waitlist. Some people got emails from Richard Silverman saying that they were in a special highly highly ranked waitlist and were invited to revist weekend. The rest had to call Yale on a special day to talk with Mr. Silverman -- it seemed like the intention of this was to find out rank, but I'm not sure that that happened for everyone...

Some people from this thread actually did get in though, so here's to hoping! :oops:

Holy stressful. It seems to me from browsing through this thread that applicants' fates are fairly pre-determined in a Calvinistic sort of way. I mean, you could call Mr. Silverman and get your estimated chances of acceptance?? I wonder if LOIs, updates etc. do anything for this waitlist, or they pretty much just march down the list.

fotografía;4931167 said:
Holy stressful. It seems to me from browsing through this thread that applicants' fates are fairly pre-determined in a Calvinistic sort of way. I mean, you could call Mr. Silverman and get your estimated chances of acceptance?? I wonder if LOIs, updates etc. do anything for this waitlist, or they pretty much just march down the list.

No email here guys as well...I am going to stay hopefull until (IF) I get the waitlist letter. If I get it, I will think about my next move but until then I am sit tight - that's the best we can do right now. Decisions have been made, they are what they are.

Congrats to all the people that got in!!! I really am happy for you.

Congratulations to those that got in! Good luck to those of us that didn't. Has anyone gotten any sort of high waitlist email? I think some people got it last year.

Congratulations to those that got in! Good luck to those of us that didn't. Has anyone gotten any sort of high waitlist email? I think some people got it last year.

Good question. From reading last year's post I think they send those out two weeks after they send out acceptance emails. 4/11/06 was the day last year. So I am thinking 4/6 - 4/10 this year we will hear since they sent out acceptances earlier this year.

I received a rejection letter today in Connecticut

yes- post-interview rejection received in CT today

Congrats, feel free to message or email me if you all have questions about YSM. Definitely come to second look weekend, it will be a great time. Hope to see you all here next year.

Got a wait list in Boston today. Arrived in small, slightly thick envelope postmarked 3/22. Letter says that ~25% of the incoming class usually comes from the WL, and that most WL offers are made by the end of June. Stamp was included on return envelope. Yay for Yale!

Congrats Itrain. Fingers crossed for waitlist here too. Fingers crossed for you to get into UCSF too.

I too got the WL letter. I feel great after not getting that email... there's still hope!

When were the letters postmarked? Can I expect some form of letter in CA today?

When were the letters postmarked? Can I expect some form of letter in CA today?

3/22 mailed from zip code 06511 regular mail. I think you can get estimates for when the letter should arrive on the USPS website. Good luck!

cgscribe: Do you really want to battle out the waitlist with an in-state UCSF acceptance? Just curious, and congrats on your success!

anyone get rejections today? there is a letter at my house and i dont know if it is a waitlist or rejection

Congrats Itrain. Fingers crossed for waitlist here too. Fingers crossed for you to get into UCSF too.

Thanks, cg. Hope you get the WL letter too, maybe on Mon.

Fotografia -- here's to a new wait!

anyone get rejections today? there is a letter at my house and i dont know if it is a waitlist or rejection

Feel the envelope...if it's a WL, it has a return envelope folded in thirds. ;)

Good luck!

Ahhh rejection. sucks. good luck all who got on the wl