You know this place is dead when Walgreens does more lay offs and no thread is created

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All the members that sdn has banned have to moved onto reddit

So you’re saying reddit is for SDN‘s sloppy seconds?

Hahahaha I crack myself up.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I don't go on Reddit much but pharmacy is a scam is just as negative there as here.

Already getting in trouble too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how do they target the older rph's and avoid age discrimination lawsuits? As someone (not retail) who is middle age, but likely one of the top 3 paid rph's at my hospital out of 60 RPhs - obviously this concerns me

I am not in HR but logistically, just add enough new grads and sprinkle in a few others. All it has to be is for a possible lawsuit hard to stick. And now with Covid, it would be difficult to reach targets for budgets. This is perfect time for any company looking to trim payroll to do so.

I don't go on Reddit much but pharmacy is a scam is just as negative there as here.

Yeah, he's one angry dude; I don't think he ever shared why he is so negative all the time.
Actually, I've seen quite a few people just like him both here and there.

Yeah, he's one angry dude; I don't think he ever shared why he is so negative all the time.
Actually, I've seen quite a few people just like him both here and there.
oh? I need to contact him. I actually like the guy as dipea lol. Please pm me with his link so I can message him there. Im usually on reddit music to share my music contents lol

Wanna see where he got in coding.

Last edited:
Rumor has it in my area that they canned people that had been with the company about six months but did not fire brand new hires. They are allowed to finish off their current schedule and get one month severance pay.

Rumor has it in my area that they canned people that had been with the company about six months but did not fire brand new hires. They are allowed to finish off their current schedule and get one month severance pay.

Interesting that different areas are handling it differently. In my area the last day is the 15th and no severance pay is what I heard.

Interesting that different areas are handling it differently. In my area the last day is the 15th and no severance pay is what I heard.

I heard the same thing about the 15th. Funny thing is I heard they cut people in an area where it was already difficult to fully staff and now they're even more short-handed.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

That sucks, 6 months is not long at all.

There is no federal law on severance pay (funny, I thought there was, because both times I got the axe, I got severance pay) but some states do have laws on the books requiring it - maybe that's why it's different? Though usually companies do that to prevent lawsuits (signing severance paperwork you wave all your rights to future employment-related lawsuits, and often there are other requirements as well.

oh? I need to contact him. I actually like the guy as dipea lol. Please pm me with his link so I can message him there. Im usually on reddit music to share my music contents lol

I think pharmacy_sucks was the guy into coding and CS not Pharmacy is a scam

I think pharmacy_sucks was the guy into coding and CS not Pharmacy is a scam
they both code. Im now on aws. I was using vmware at that time. Now using aws. When he writes about coding and ~ I know its him. I keep in contact with him in pm but since he got banned i lost contact. liked him as dipea, and he got banned too

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no federal law on severance pay (funny, I thought there was, because both times I got the axe, I got severance pay) but some states do have laws on the books requiring it - maybe that's why it's different? Though usually companies do that to prevent lawsuits (signing severance paperwork you wave all your rights to future employment-related lawsuits, and often there are other requirements as well.
we are spineless. sue sue sue

You can only sue when there is a violation and you have standing. "But they hurt my feeeeelings" or "we hatesssss Bagginssses Walgreenssses" is not a valid reason.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if it's common for companies to ask employees to resign voluntarily as opposed to being "fired fired?"

The reason I ask is because the hospital network I used to work as an intern for asked me and the other interns to resign back when they laid us off in late 2019, so I was just wondering if that was standard procedure or not. Some of my preceptors at a non-affiliated facility said it was kind of low and tacky on their parts.

Doomers are actually right though.

Factually wrong **** and pithy yet irrelevant zingers are generally the only things that get voted up on that subreddit.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if it's common for companies to ask employees to resign voluntarily as opposed to being "fired fired?"

The reason I ask is because the hospital network I used to work as an intern for asked me and the other interns to resign back when they laid us off in late 2019, so I was just wondering if that was standard procedure or not. Some of my preceptors at a non-affiliated facility said it was kind of low and tacky on their parts.
A few years ago, my company offered a "retirement package" to get people to voluntarily retire/resign (targeting those who have been with the company 20+ years). The package was basically an enhanced severence package so it was actually a really nice gesture and good deal if you took it - I know some people that would have been paid out for more than 2 years even after resigning based on their tenure.

Then, management made direct cuts/layoffs based on who took the package. Still ended up laying off a lot of staff since not enough people took the offer.

Is that specific to floaters or staff pharmacist who have been with Kroger for six months?

A few years ago, my company offered a "retirement package" to get people to voluntarily retire/resign (targeting those who have been with the company 20+ years). The package was basically an enhanced severence package so it was actually a really nice gesture and good deal if you took it - I know some people that would have been paid out for more than 2 years even after resigning based on their tenure.

Then, management made direct cuts/layoffs based on who took the package. Still ended up laying off a lot of staff since not enough people took the offer.

Sounds like it would've been a good deal for employees who had been diligent about building a retirement fund and were close to calling it quits anyways.

When they asked me and the other interns to resign, they didn't offer us any sort of severance package at all. Then again, since we had all been PRN employees, I guess that severance packages wouldn't have made sense anyways.

They ask you to resign so that you're now ineligible for unemployment. Businesses are required to pay a certain percentage of their payroll into a general fund that covers unemployment claims. If you were laid off or fired on the other hand, you could file for unemployment.

So yes, it's very "low and tacky". Especially since I would assume many interns are not even aware of this and are now not eligible for unemployment.

They ask you to resign so that you're now ineligible for unemployment. Businesses are required to pay a certain percentage of their payroll into a general fund that covers unemployment claims. If you were laid off or fired on the other hand, you could file for unemployment.

So yes, it's very "low and tacky". Especially since I would assume many interns are not even aware of this and are now not eligible for unemployment.

Thanks for the info. That's interesting - so even though we were only PRN employees, we still could've been eligible for unemployment?

Also, what's interesting is that they told us that it would be better for us to resign voluntarily since the hospital network itself (the one that bought out the local hospital network) has a policy whereby previously terminated employees are ineligible for consideration for future employment. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it's what they told us.

Of course, it's all irrelevant at this point, but there were several things that seemed fishy about how the whole firing process was carried out. First of all, they fired us all on the same day via individual phone calls to each one of us. During the phone call, they told me that they wanted me to resign so that the intern position could be opened up again so they could hire a P1 or P2 student who could be more flexible when it comes to working shifts. I tried to negotiate at that point and offer to work specific weekends and holidays, and she kind of hesitated and said, "Nah, I'm sorry, we just need someone who can work a lot more last minute shifts throughout the week."

But what I'm wondering is, why would they fire us all on the same day if their reasoning was as I paraphrased it above? Wouldn't they have just fired me and not all the others? The timing of it just seems so suspicious.

BTW, I don't know if the coordinated firings were related to this, but a few months prior, I had overheard a few of the residents talking during one of my shifts. They said that a few of the pharmacy executives at the corporate HQ specifically remarked that the hospitals here in my city (I.e., the local network they had just purchased at the time) had more pharmacy personnel on staff - to include pharmacists, techs, and interns - than ANY other facilities they owned, whether inpatient or outpatient.

So what I'm wondering is, could the firings of all the interns (not sure if anyone else was fired along with us) have been the local pharmacy admin.'s way of trying to create the impression that they're trimming the fat? (Even though we only worked PRN anyways...)

Your settings don't let me PM you

Thanks for the info. That's interesting - so even though we were only PRN employees, we still could've been eligible for unemployment?

Yes, part time and PRN employees are eligible for unemployment in most states.

Admins usually only look at FTEs, or employment hours. Firing prn interns who are at minimum pay does nothing about that; they would have to eliminate shifts or lay off someone with high pay for an administrator to notice.

It was probably some sort of policy shift. Maybe a decreased pay for new interns or something that they didn't want old interns around for.

isnt salary decrease illegal though?

Nope. Not unless you are under a contract that states your salary, though it probably also states how your salary can be cut. . Pay cuts without being informed (your check is just suddenly less) is probably also a breach of implied contract. Salary cuts also can't be discriminatory, but cutting every pharmacists' pay by 10 or 20% is perfectly legal.

Very common. A couple of reasons for this - First, as others have said, if you quit you aren't eligible for unemployment. You also aren't eligible if you are fired for cause, but most employers don't want to have to prove their cause was legal. If you were "let go" (fired without cause), they you are eligible for unemployment. Sometimes if you are a public enough employee (not an intern) then they will offer to let you quit because the news story of firing you isn't worth it.

A few years ago, my company offered a "retirement package" to get people to voluntarily retire/resign (targeting those who have been with the company 20+ years). The package was basically an enhanced severance package so it was actually a really nice gesture and good deal if you took it - I know some people that would have been paid out for more than 2 years even after resigning based on their tenure.

This is a common way for companies to get rid of more expensive employees. If they were going to cut people they might have to cut the newer (cheaper) employees first. Convincing people to retire is certainly better than having to let more employees go because of age discrimination laws. It may also be cheaper to pay a few highly paid employees a severance/retirement package than having to pay everyone's unemployment.

Yes, part time and PRN employees are eligible for unemployment in most states.

Admins usually only look at FTEs, or employment hours. Firing prn interns who are at minimum pay does nothing about that; they would have to eliminate shifts or lay off someone with high pay for an administrator to notice.

It was probably some sort of policy shift. Maybe a decreased pay for new interns or something that they didn't want old interns around for.

Actually, I forgot to mention in my previous post that at the time I was hired (this was prior to the buyout having been completed), the pharmacy was extremely understaffed in terms of tech help. They used to cite the stat regarding how ~90% of the population being on Medicaid/Medicare or indigent made it impossible for them to afford to hire new techs. Ironically enough, the only reason I was hired in the first place was because one of the pharmacists there was good friends with some of my family members. I literally could've worked as many days as I wanted. In fact, during the holidays I would routinely work 7 - 10 days in a row.

But once the buyout was completed, they were able to hire a handful of new PRN techs. I remember that last summer, I was still working every other weekend (plus random days during the week when if I had a day off from rotations) when on one particular Saturday or Sunday, the pharmacy manager at the hospital I worked most of my shifts at approached me and asked, "So, did you still *want* to work every other weekend?," with the same tone of voice a mother might use when asking her child, "Do you even still *want* to leave for the beach today considering how late it's gotten?"

In other words, it was obvious that she wanted me to say "no." BTW, this is not the same pharmacy manager who eventually fired me (the deed itself was taken care of by someone who works in administration).

However, the fact that she just randomly asked me if I wanted to keep working my every-other-weekend schedule (with it being so obvious that she wanted me to say no) made it clear that my status with the company had been discussed.

I worked regularly for another month or so, and then at the end of July, that same manager sent me a text message stating that one of the new PRN techs they had recently hired would be working all the weekend shifts for the upcoming month. I responded by asking her if I'd be working again after that and she just said, "I don't know." The official firing came a few months later.

It just surprised me at the time, because I had gone out of my way on numerous occasions to help them out -- e.g., working weekends, holidays, coming in at the last minute to cover for a tech who called out due to baby daddy issues, and so on -- so I had sort of assumed that I had at least some degree of value to them.

Anyways, I know it's all irrelevant at this point, but do you think the push to fire me and the other interns could've simply come down to the fact that the newly-hired techs (most of them were high school students or recent graduates) were being paid a lower salary than the interns were earning?

Ok, last question for you. Back when I was still working a lot, we were told that we'd be getting a pay raise since the company that was buying out the hospital network had a higher "official" salary for pharmacy interns. We were also given a specific date as to when the pay raise would go into effect.

However, that date came and went and we realized that we were still getting paid the same hourly wage. We brought it up to the pharmacy admin and they assured us that they'd look into it. Several weeks passed and we were still getting paid at the same hourly rate, so we brought it up yet again. Finally, they got back to us and told us that our salary would actually remain the same and that our pay rates would NOT be getting bumped up to what the new parent hospital network pays its interns at all of its other facilities.

If you had to guess, would you say that they were basically just being cheap? Was it legal for them to not raise our pay to the "corporate" hourly pay rate that pharmacy interns at all the rest of the company's pharmacies across the state were earning?

They're just being cheap.

When a new company buys out another one, any number of things can happen with "positions" and salaries. They can pay more, pay less, remove benefits, increase benefits, ect. I doubt they'd risk breaking corporate policy immediately upon being acquired though.

It would make sense that instead of paying more, they'd rather just lay the interns off.

There are two scenarios that can play out: asking people to take early retirement (which is usually a pretty sweet deal if you are already close to retirement) or just asking people to resign voluntarily (which is not sweet at all). There are several ways for why someone may be asked to resign, ranging from the pure economic decision (need to cut expenses by X%) to "I don't want to make it harder than it has to be, if you resign voluntarily, I won't fire you for cause" and whether or not the employee is getting the short end of the stick really depends on the circumstances. "It depends" is a lawyer's favorite answer for a reason.

isnt salary decrease illegal though?
Not if they are applied across the board in a non-discriminatory fashion (don't focus specifically on protected classes as the law defines them).

There is no federal law on severance pay (funny, I thought there was,
Now I looked up why I had the number 500 stuck in my head as in "layoff of more than 500 people/33% or less" - it's not about severance, it's about notification 60 days in advance. The second time around I was given a notice that morning and I cleared out my office and was gone by 1pm, which was harder to digest psychologically than the first time around, when I was notified the first week of November that I won't be employed after the end of the year... it's nice to have time to wrap everything up and process the news properly.

When they asked me and the other interns to resign, they didn't offer us any sort of severance package at all. Then again, since we had all been PRN employees, I guess that severance packages wouldn't have made sense anyways.
I've never heard of severance offered to PRNs. It would be easier to just keep you at 0 hours for a while and then kick you to the curb since your severance based on 0 hours of work in 6 months would have been 0 anyway. Unemployment laws vary by state, though, and as mentioned above, it could have made a difference in terms of being able to apply for unemployment. Some states even allow to apply if you aren't getting enough hours, you don't have to be completely terminated... All employment laws are really state-specific and in some cases municipal law also plays a role, so there is no one right answer country-wide.

When a new company buys out another one, any number of things can happen with "positions" and salaries. They can pay more, pay less, remove benefits, increase benefits, ect. I doubt they'd risk breaking corporate policy immediately upon being acquired though.
Every corporate buyout I have been through (four or five now?) takes a long time to complete. It's not an overnight change, more like a year to two years to switch over.

I would expect Walgreen's to have a universal policy across the company, though, doing the bare minimum required by law in each state would be extremely tacky. Though Walgreen's may have reached that low by now... I still remember good old days when even part-timers got stock options. I paid for my move to the East Coast by cashing in my Walgreens stock options I got as a student/intern...

Every corporate buyout I have been through (four or five now?) takes a long time to complete. It's not an overnight change, more like a year to two years to switch over.

I would expect Walgreen's to have a universal policy across the company, though, doing the bare minimum required by law in each state would be extremely tacky. Though Walgreen's may have reached that low by now... I still remember good old days when even part-timers got stock options. I paid for my move to the East Coast by cashing in my Walgreens stock options I got as a student/intern...

Why should it surprise you that happy healthy has hit a new low?

I think you will see an insurance company with a heavy presence in ambulatory care purchase Wags in next 24 months.

• Wow
I think you will see an insurance company with a heavy presence in ambulatory care purchase Wags in next 24 months.
Then, the insurance company will just turn all the stores into mail order. You only need very few pharmacists to run mail order, not 15,000 grads. It is win-win for them and the customer, but the pharmacist is screwed, especially new grads and floaters. I am surprised CVS has not done that already after purchasing Aetna.

I've never heard of severance offered to PRNs. It would be easier to just keep you at 0 hours for a while and then kick you to the curb since your severance based on 0 hours of work in 6 months would have been 0 anyway. Unemployment laws vary by state, though, and as mentioned above, it could have made a difference in terms of being able to apply for unemployment. Some states even allow to apply if you aren't getting enough hours, you don't have to be completely terminated... All employment laws are really state-specific and in some cases municipal law also plays a role, so there is no one right answer country-wide.

Actually, that's almost exactly what they did; I was suddenly told during the summer that I would no longer be scheduled to work my regular shifts, and then a few months later (after only working maybe 2 shifts total), they called me to let me know I was being fired. The only difference is that instead of keeping me on for 6 more months, it was more like 4 months of not really working.

They're just being cheap.

It would make sense that instead of paying more, they'd rather just lay the interns off.

I figured that's what the case was, especially since the interns were basically utilized in an equivalent manner to techs, aside from the occasional patient counseling session. It just didn't make sense for them to keep a few employees on staff who they had to pay a few extra dollars per hour to do basically the same job that technicians performed for several dollars per hour less. In fact, one of the pharmacists even told me that the lead tech who had been working at one of the hospitals for over 30 yrs wasn't even making $20/hr.

What really sucked about it more than the issue of losing the job itself was the fact that they told us all that we would not be eligible for consideration for ANY sort of pharmacist positions (even PRN) unless we completed a residency first. From what I was told, this was the result of a relatively new policy implementation at the time (December 2019); prior to that, the pharmacy admin. had talked about having me at least work PT on the weekends (probably second shift) at the hospital I had been working most of my intern shifts at. Ironically enough, when I was initially hired, I had basically taken the place of another former intern who had just graduated from pharmacy school and was offered a FT second shift position. Guess he got lucky by getting an "in" at the very last minute just prior to the policy of hiring only residency-trained pharmacists was implemented.

What was really shocking to us is that one of the interns who was fired along with me had previously worked for the hospital system as a tech for over a decade prior to going to pharmacy school, and they wouldn't even offer him a PRN position. The pharmacy admin. basically took the "it's just business" angle and told us that they have an obligation to do what's best for the department, and that when the majority of their own residents can't even find jobs, they're just not in a position where they can justify hiring new graduates, even for PRN positions.

In fact, as of December 2019, I know that the majority of their 2019 residency program graduates were still unemployed. I know that one of them was offered a PT second shift position at the hospital I worked most of my intern shifts at (I figure this was the job they had originally planned on offering to me).

In a way, it's amusing because my whole post-pharmacy school experience has almost played out like a Coen brothers-style black comedy. For example, a few weeks ago I was tentatively offered a job by one of my preceptors at a federal facility I did a few rotations at, and then about a week later I was notified by them that HR was only considering applicants with at least a year of experience in light of how competitive the job market had become (case in point: they received over 80 applications for a retail position they posted back in 2018).

Like the pharmacy admins. at the hospital network I used to work at said, I guess it really is "just business." Really kicking myself right now for not having chosen to study literally anything else.

I figured that's what the case was, especially since the interns were basically utilized in an equivalent manner to techs, aside from the occasional patient counseling session. It just didn't make sense for them to keep a few employees on staff who they had to pay a few extra dollars per hour to do basically the same job that technicians performed for several dollars per hour less. In fact, one of the pharmacists even told me that the lead tech who had been working at one of the hospitals for over 30 yrs wasn't even making $20/hr.

What really sucked about it more than the issue of losing the job itself was the fact that they told us all that we would not be eligible for consideration for ANY sort of pharmacist positions (even PRN) unless we completed a residency first. From what I was told, this was the result of a relatively new policy implementation at the time (December 2019); prior to that, the pharmacy admin. had talked about having me at least work PT on the weekends (probably second shift) at the hospital I had been working most of my intern shifts at. Ironically enough, when I was initially hired, I had basically taken the place of another former intern who had just graduated from pharmacy school and was offered a FT second shift position. Guess he got lucky by getting an "in" at the very last minute just prior to the policy of hiring only residency-trained pharmacists was implemented.

What was really shocking to us is that one of the interns who was fired along with me had previously worked for the hospital system as a tech for over a decade prior to going to pharmacy school, and they wouldn't even offer him a PRN position. The pharmacy admin. basically took the "it's just business" angle and told us that they have an obligation to do what's best for the department, and that when the majority of their own residents can't even find jobs, they're just not in a position where they can justify hiring new graduates, even for PRN positions.

In fact, as of December 2019, I know that the majority of their 2019 residency program graduates were still unemployed. I know that one of them was offered a PT second shift position at the hospital I worked most of my intern shifts at (I figure this was the job they had originally planned on offering to me).

In a way, it's amusing because my whole post-pharmacy school experience has almost played out like a Coen brothers-style black comedy. For example, a few weeks ago I was tentatively offered a job by one of my preceptors at a federal facility I did a few rotations at, and then about a week later I was notified by them that HR was only considering applicants with at least a year of experience in light of how competitive the job market had become (case in point: they received over 80 applications for a retail position they posted back in 2018).

Like the pharmacy admins. at the hospital network I used to work at said, I guess it really is "just business." Really kicking myself right now for not having chosen to study literally anything else.
What is surprising to me is that they didn’t even offer you spot as a resident even though you interned with them for four years. They could have just said hey you worked with us for four years and we have a spot open for you for residency if you apply with us. The interview and presentations are formality etc. They promised you a job, but couldn’t promise you a resident spot, which is less than pharmacist pay. And this hospital has 12 resident spots

I know some current residents in that hospital are doing PGY-2 due to previous PGY-1s being unemployed. Does the hospital even hire at least one of their residents. I know the hospital near where I went to school does hire at least one of its residents.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok long winded responses much?

every time i see my DM now and i don't get talked to, i'm like yessss...survived again.

what a fun work environment. lol.

What is surprising to me is that they didn’t even offer you spot as a resident even though you interned with them for four years. They could have just said hey you worked with us for four years and we have a spot open for you for residency if you apply with us. The interview and presentations are formality etc. They promised you a job, but couldn’t promise you a resident spot, which is less than pharmacist pay. And this hospital has 12 resident spots

I know some current residents in that hospital are doing PGY-2 due to previous PGY-1s being unemployed. Does the hospital even hire at least one of their residents. I know the hospital near where I went to school does hire at least one of its residents.

I was also surprised that I didn't match with their residency program, especially since the interviews with the various preceptors mostly felt like casual conversations. I'm thinking it was because my resume just wasn't that impressive; for example, I didn't have any research experience, whereas almost everyone else in my interview group did. Also, I heard that they interviewed over 80 applicants during the most recent application cycle, so I guess they just wanted to match with the most competitive candidates they could get. To be honest, I don't think they had any intention of ranking me highly as an applicant; they have a policy of interviewing all current and former employees who apply for the residency program, so I honestly think that was the only reason they interviewed me.

Also, there was a PRN pharmacist who had also interviewed for the residency program whose spouse is a high-ranking administrator at one of the facilities owned by the hospital network, so I'm pretty sure that person ended up getting a spot in the program. The funny thing is, despite that person's connections, they were still told that they'd have to do the residency program if they ever wanted anything more than a PRN job.

But between the nepotism and the sheer number of people applying to jobs and/or residency positions, there are just far too many people relative to the number of jobs available (duh).

BTW, just to clarify, I wasn't offered a job by the hospital network I used to work for; the job offer (which was subsequently retracted) actually came from the DOP of a federal facility I completed a few rotations at. I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I imagine that awareness among those in the HR department of the federal facility of the fact that there are so many unemployed residency program graduates in the area is one of the reasons they decided to retract my job offer. (I.e., why offer a new grad a job when there are several years' worth of residency graduates who are all unemployed?)

To answer your question, when I first started working for the hospital system a few years ago, I was told they hadn't hired any of their residency program graduates in several years. Then at the end of my P3 year (so a little over a year ago), they hired on one of the residency graduates to work in a new part-time second shift position that had just been created. My understanding is that it was basically a "right place at the right time" scenario for that resident. Otherwise, I was told that as of December 2019, the other residency program graduates were still unemployed. I'm not sure what's been going on with them since then, as nobody from the hospital system really talks to me anymore (this may or may not come as a surprise to the forum members here). I'm basically totally out of their little club at this point.

You seem nice enough but you gotta tone down the length of your posts. Every time I see a full page response I already know it was you that posted it. :lol:

Sorry, I'm just going through everything in my head (experiences, things I know to be true, etc.) as I type this stuff out. Also, I feel like I'm just answering Rx1992's questions directly (I.e., why I wasn't offered a residency position, the hiring situation for the other residents, what's going on with the pharmacy department I used to work in, etc.). It seems like it only takes a few sentences for a paragraph to look really long and drawn-out in mobile view.

Either way, I probably won't be posting all that frequently for too much longer as I will almost definitely be starting either another degree program next month or a bootcamp program not long after, so I probably won't have much of a reason to keep posting on a pharmacy-specific forum for too much longer.

• Sad
Sorry, I'm just going through everything in my head (experiences, things I know to be true, etc.) as I type this stuff out. Also, I feel like I'm just answering Rx1992's questions directly (I.e., why I wasn't offered a residency position, the hiring situation for the other residents, what's going on with the pharmacy department I used to work in, etc.). It seems like it only takes a few sentences for a paragraph to look really long and drawn-out in mobile view.

Either way, I probably won't be posting all that frequently for too much longer as I will almost definitely be starting either another degree program next month or a bootcamp program not long after, so I probably won't have much of a reason to keep posting on a pharmacy-specific forum for too much longer.
I don’t mind the long posts. Best of luck to you on the CS route! That’s great that you got accepted to a CS program!

Last edited by a moderator:

Im the opposite. I type like Im in a conversation. but yeah I wish you luck. I would suggest a tech that lasts longer than 5 years. As most tech just longs that long before you need to learn something new. Otherwise hope your new degree helps. It will be hard when just as many new people go into tech as in pharmacy. saturation everywher

Im the opposite. I type like Im in a conversation. but yeah I wish you luck. I would suggest a tech that lasts longer than 5 years. As most tech just longs that long before you need to learn something new. Otherwise hope your new degree helps. It will be hard when just as many new people go into tech as in pharmacy. saturation everywher
There are a lot more foreigners competing for tech jobs too. And the advantage they have compared to foreign pharmacists competing for pharmacist jobs is that communication/english-speaking skills is not a barrier to entry to tech jobs since most jobs require only technical skills, as opposed to pharmacist jobs requiring some balance between technical and soft/communication skills (which weeds out a lot of foreign pharmacists from competition in the job market).

There are a lot more foreigners competing for tech jobs too. And the advantage they have compared to foreign pharmacists competing for pharmacist jobs is that communication/english-speaking skills is not a barrier to entry to tech jobs since most jobs require only technical skills, as opposed to pharmacist jobs requiring some balance between technical and soft/communication skills (which weeds out a lot of foreign pharmacists from competition in the job market).
so much so, it depresses the wages. my friends are paying them less. salary drops are here already

they both code. Im now on aws. I was using vmware at that time. Now using aws. When he writes about coding and ~ I know its him. I keep in contact with him in pm but since he got banned i lost contact. liked him as dipea, and he got banned too
Not hard to find. Just identify the guy who keeps gloating about data science/computer science, automation and his great job in the pharmacy subreddits.

• Haha
Not hard to find. Just identify the guy who keeps gloating about data science/computer science, automation and his great job in the pharmacy subreddits.
he still keeps talking about it. Im like dude, stop the deflation of salary in any field. Once you move into once it lasts 5 years and then its done. But he is doing well for himself.

Im sick and tired of tech. It just lasts for a few years and changes. Im single for now, but if I have a family. I cant keep up

if you resign, you generally cannot claim unemployment - that is one of the big reasons. The more people that claim unemployment, the higher their unemployment insurance is. Cheaper to pay you off or convince you to resign.

Reactions: 2 users