2011-2012 University of South Dakota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

hard to believe we're into July and still no posts here. any SD people on SDN???

images

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else on SDN apply here?? I'm OOS but grew up in SD and haven't heard anything since I submitted my secondary. Just wondering if interview invites are going out yet

Hey all,

I interviewed on Sept 14, and I think they said I was one of the earliest. Interviews went very well, one of them was extremely relaxed while the other was a *bit* more aggressive, for lack of a better word. Best of luck!

I was complete here two weeks ago. I'm OOS, but with strong ties. Does anyone know the general response time?

Just received II. Could anyone who has interviewed post some of the questions asked?

I was complete here two weeks ago. I'm OOS, but with strong ties. Does anyone know the general response time?

I finished my secondary app in early October and interview on November 9th.

Hi applicants,

If you have any questions about the Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota, then feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer any questions candidly. Don't forget to check out

http://orgs.usd.edu/msaa/

Good luck this year, it's a major hurdle.

Has anyone heard back yet? I really liked this school, I'm hoping to hear something good around Dec. 9-16.

I interviewed late September and got an acceptance letter a couple of weeks ago (early december), thank god!

Out of curiosity, for those that interviewed this Fall, what did they say about the curriculum at USD-SSOM? At some point we'll be changing from traditional to systems-based, but not quite sure when. My class (2015) is hoping they hold off another year so we don't have to double up on rotations with MSII's during the Spring semester of 2014.

Out of curiosity, for those that interviewed this Fall, what did they say about the curriculum at USD-SSOM? At some point we'll be changing from traditional to systems-based, but not quite sure when. My class (2015) is hoping they hold off another year so we don't have to double up on rotations with MSII's during the Spring semester of 2014.

When I talked to Jill after my interview in late November, she explained the curriculum changes. I asked if it would affect next years class and she said it would probably not go into effect until the following year. Not definitive by any means but hope that helps.

Can any applicants or matriculants post some of there stats? I'm applying in June but my stats on the low side for MD...just wondering how low they are in comparison to others! I live in SD so I understand I will get interviewed so any tips would cheap. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.