2010-2011 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to post that I got a call from the dean of admissions congratulating me on my interview invite! Very personable. I am so stoked! First interview invite!! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Just want to post that I got a call from the dean of admissions congratulating me on my interview invite! Very personable. I am so stoked! First interview invite!! =)

Silent,

When is your interview date?

Also, has anyone been successful rescheduling their interview? I'm looking to have my interview earlier. How many interview per day?
Thanks

Silent,

When is your interview date?

Also, has anyone been successful rescheduling their interview? I'm looking to have my interview earlier. How many interview per day?
Thanks

My interview date is Oct. 25th. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are my manners??

Congrats on the interview Silent!

How long did it take your status page to reflect that you submitted your secondary? Does it ever show that your LoRs are received, or does it just list the "about" link?

When I go back to the supplemental app portal, it says lists the day/time of submission under "completed" and that the data was sent/received/confirmed. Yet on the medSTAR status page, my current status is "AMCAS Application Received/Awaiting Submission of Secondary application."

I just don't know if I'm technically completed yet and my app is in the stack :shrug:

:xf:

How long did it take your status page to reflect that you submitted your secondary? Does it ever show that your LoRs are received, or does it just list the "about" link?

When I go back to the supplemental app portal, it says lists the day/time of submission under "completed" and that the data was sent/received/confirmed. Yet on the medSTAR status page, my current status is "AMCAS Application Received/Awaiting Submission of Secondary application."

I just don't know if I'm technically completed yet and my app is in the stack :shrug:

:xf:

Yeah, their "status update" doesnt really tell us much. Mine also just says "sent/received/confirmed"... what log in info. did you use for the medSTAR status page?

what log in info. did you use for the medSTAR status page?

your log-in name is your amcas id. your password is the first letter of your first name, the last four digits of your amcas id, the LAST letter of your last name, followed by the first two digits of your amcas id.

Seriously, Anatomy + Lab?

Looks like I may have to withdraw (at least I didn't submit my secondary yet).

Such a weird requirement. Some of us are non-tradiational so we can't just decide to add it to our Spring line up.

Ughhhh.

I actually liked this school.

Congrats to all the fellow interviewees!

Sooo if this school hands out this much interviews so early AND it has a really good % of acceptances post-interview, does it mean the interview season ends very early?

Is anybody else having trouble accessing the secondary application? It keeps telling me that the site is down for maintenance :(. I wanted to submit my app tonight.

Congrats to all the fellow interviewees!

Sooo if this school hands out this much interviews so early AND it has a really good % of acceptances post-interview, does it mean the interview season ends very early?

no, i've heard of them interviewing in april. however most of those people i know got waitlisted if that counts for anything.

btw... anyone have insight on how fast your status changes after you submit to reflect receipt of the secondary on the main status page?

no, i've heard of them interviewing in april. however most of those people i know got waitlisted if that counts for anything.

btw... anyone have insight on how fast your status changes after you submit to reflect receipt of the secondary on the main status page?

I might not be a typical case, but the day after I submitted my secondary I received a call from the Dean congratulating me on an interview and the day after that they changed my status on their website.

Anyone else interviewing on the 13th of October? Got the invite today, not gonna lie I had a major freak out because it was my first one! I am so stoked on it right now! Can't wait!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I might not be a typical case, but the day after I submitted my secondary I received a call from the Dean congratulating me on an interview and the day after that they changed my status on their website.

wow! congratulations!! that must've been so exciting. good luck on your september interview :cool:

finally, it reflected they received my secondary, although no interview invite yet haha. they're probably totally flooded with apps by now

Such a weird requirement. Some of us are non-tradiational so we can't just decide to add it to our Spring line up.

Ughhhh.

hmm i have an interview and didn't take anatomy and lab!

hmm i have an interview and didn't take anatomy and lab!

you have to complete the requirements by matriculation. hence juniors are able to apply to schools without taking a fourth of their planned coursework.

congrats on the interview though! hopefully you'll be given a reason to squeeze in an anatomy class!

Ughhhh.

i was pretty surprised by the new anatomy requirement bc i never took anatomy. well, if we get interviews, then maybe taking that last class will be worth it

looked through the whole application, can't find where it says anatomy and lab is a prereq.

looked through the whole application, can't find where it says anatomy and lab is a prereq.

I actually just looked at the link posted above and the one I'm looking at states Anatomy is "strongly recommended", not required. It does specifically state that one semester of Biochem is required for the entering class of 2011, though. I wonder if they decided to back off on the Anatomy requirement.

Yeah looks like it. We are doing a whole study this year on our first years trying to determine how helpful undergrad anatomy is.

the anatomy requirement got taken down...
yesterday i was on here, saw a post about it, looked on ohio state's website and sure enough it was a requirement... but its not on the site anymore... which im happy about bc i never took anatomy and was worried about not having it since seeing it on the website.

the anatomy requirement got taken down...
yesterday i was on here, saw a post about it, looked on ohio state's website and sure enough it was a requirement... but its not on the site anymore... which im happy about bc i never took anatomy and was worried about not having it since seeing it on the website.

wow yea, that just changed...good! don't wanna miss out on all the non trads!

Do you guys think the post-interview acceptance rate will stay at 65%? It seems like we all got interviews.

other people have probably already noticed this- the class profile page that is posted on the website (http://medicine.osu.edu/students/admissions/Documents/2009 Profile Sheet.pdf) is the 2009 entering stats. The post-interview acceptance rate for 2010 entering class was lower. They interviewed 879 (I think) and made 444 admissions offers.

This week is employee appreciation week at OSU Med Center, and the college of medicine had a little info tent (along with some other departments) in the courtyard for an event today. They had a 2010 version of the class profile pdf printed onto a poster.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who was curious.

other people have probably already noticed this- the class profile page that is posted on the website (http://medicine.osu.edu/students/admissions/Documents/2009 Profile Sheet.pdf) is the 2009 entering stats. The post-interview acceptance rate for 2010 entering class was lower. They interviewed 879 (I think) and made 444 admissions offers.

This week is employee appreciation week at OSU Med Center, and the college of medicine had a little info tent (along with some other departments) in the courtyard for an event today. They had a 2010 version of the class profile pdf printed onto a poster.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who was curious.

:(

ahhhh! i just got a call from Dr. Capers, and right after we finished our introduction, the battery on my phone died! the frantic search for my charger was probably the scariest minute of my life. I called back. No answer! So I left a message. I am so scared right now. Did I just blow it?

ahhhh! i just got a call from Dr. Capers, and right after we finished our introduction, the battery on my phone died! the frantic search for my charger was probably the scariest minute of my life. I called back. No answer! So I left a message. I am so scared right now. Did I just blow it?

I'm sure it won't make a difference in your application at all, I doubt they'd hold a dropped call against you. Congrats on the interview though!

On a side note, if we haven't heard back yet and were complete early July, is it safe to assume bad news? :(

just hang in there, and dont stress too much. I wouldnt assume anything yet, after all, there is still a LONG time to go

RIGHT? homeboy called me 10 pm last night while i was getting my relaxation on. He sounds very cool. 9/29...anyone else?. 3.4 gpa instate appy complete Tuesday. WAH.

RIGHT? homeboy called me 10 pm last night while i was getting my relaxation on. He sounds very cool. 9/29...anyone else?. 3.4 gpa instate appy complete Tuesday. WAH.

i'm instate too. no interview. do you mind giving you mcat stats and when you were complete?

congrats!!

may i ask if that was the earliest available interview? or did it better fit a travel schedule, being out of state?
:luck:

i didn't even think of changing! i'll look back into it.

I read somewhere in another thread that at OSU, the committee meet with the interviewers the very afternoon after the interview and make the decision on the candidate. If this is true, does that mean LOI's are pointless?

I'm an OOS applicant interviewing here, and I"m wondering if OOS people have worse chances post-interview than IS? If that's the case, I was hoping an LOInterest could help my case, but I guess not if they make the decision on the very same day.

I read somewhere in another thread that at OSU, the committee meet with the interviewers the very afternoon after the interview and make the decision on the candidate. If this is true, does that mean LOI's are pointless?

I'm an OOS applicant interviewing here, and I"m wondering if OOS people have worse chances post-interview than IS? If that's the case, I was hoping an LOInterest could help my case, but I guess not if they make the decision on the very same day.

LOI's are for people who are waitlisted, not for people who they have not made a decision on yet, so no LOI's are not pointless

Got an interview for 11/10... Missed the call from the dean as I was already in bed... I believe he called me at like 10:30 pm but there is no way to be sure.

So excited as this is my first interview and my dream school!!!

In bed by 10:30. I haven't made it to sleep before 2 since before high school.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into medstar. I used my amcas id and the formula for the password of first letter of first name, last 4 digits of amcas, first letter of last name, first 2 digits of amcas. And got nothing.

Just caught my own error. Last letter of last name. Weird.

I actually just looked at the link posted above and the one I'm looking at states Anatomy is "strongly recommended", not required. It does specifically state that one semester of Biochem is required for the entering class of 2011, though. I wonder if they decided to back off on the Anatomy requirement.

wow yea, that just changed...good! don't wanna miss out on all the non trads!

I had printed out the old sheet (attached) because I didn't know the requirement was there.

Are they reading up on SDN?

76-big-brother.jpg

Last edited:
I had printed out the old sheet (attached) because I didn't know the requirement was there.

Are they reading up on SDN?

of course be careful what you say :nono:

Would love an interview here too, but I don't know if I'm competitive stat wise.

It's getting so close!!! I just freaked out a bit realizing it's almost September. Good luck everyone, hope these early interviews catch us at our best!

This school has definitely become my top choice.

Does your status ever change from 'received' on the page? I submitted last month.

Wow. Just awoke to the buzz of a voicemail at 10:45pm standard central time. Interview invite, I'm so excited! Scheduled for 11/22, via online the next morning. Scheduled for 11/22. 33R/3.6 OOS non-trad.

Last edited:
First interview! OOS, 3.4, 38, non-trad. Secondary was submitted 8/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.