2011-2012 Georgetown Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you SDN'rs. Good luck with the rest of this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

awfully quiet....what's going on people? how's life :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my acceptance from Georgetown recently. I hope it goes to someone on here soon! :luck:

I'm in the CAP as of a week ago. I'm trying to figure out if I really would go to GU...if I should write a letter expressing my interest. I really admire the curriculum and think DC would be a great way to develop my interests in public health, healthcare reform, and healthcare QI. The price difference is pretty much the only thing that makes me hesitate...I think GU would be about $120K-130K (over 4 years) more than my state option right now. But I'm sure that's the case with many of us.

Can any current (or future too) students talk about some specific experiences/advantages that you think make GU worth the extra expense? Perhaps some things you don't think you could have gotten at your state institution? What specifically about Georgetown made you actually choose it over other options? Thanks.

Thanks! I wonder when the acceptances are gonna be out to the SMPs...

Yeah, anyone have the scoop on when Georgetown will hand out SMP decisions?

Yeah, anyone have the scoop on when Georgetown will hand out SMP decisions?

I think the decisions came out last Friday. I wonder how many they accepted and how many are hopeful to get in off the wait-list considering they now also have the George Mason SMP kids to choose from....

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off the CAP after the 15th? Does admissions still highly encourage a letter of intent rather than a letter of interest (I still don't know if i'm ready to commit to Georgetown, but I'm afraid that will affect my ability to get off the CAP)

No ones gotten in in a while? Should we send multiple letters of interest? And to the post above intent is obviously more powerful especially at this stage

I'm am officially dying over here! Anyone hear anything about if/when they are planning to accept people off of CAP?!

last year this time they already sent out that last wave of CAPpers. what is going on...

Yes, Georgetown is an amazing school. I'm a current medical student here and can answer any of your specific questions about the school. I am definitely glad I chose Georgetown. I encourage all of you to apply here. I am sure you will love it! It is a bit expensive compared to other schools, so that's a big downside. However, the faculty here are very impressive and supportive.

Should a student who is non catholic rule out applying to Georgetown?

I'm Jewish too. My interviewer wasn't Catholic either. Gtown seems pretty open

Yes, definitely apply. I was really nervous during the application process last year as I had a 29R and 3.65 science GPA. However, my secondary for Georgetown was probably the best one I had written out of all the apps, and I ended up with an interview. After my interview, I thought I did well but that my lower stats would preclude me from ever being accepted. Georgetown ended up being my first acceptance of the cycle. Proud to be a Hoya and am moving to DC on Friday to start school.
What was the secret of your secondary that sold you so well at GT? I am applying to GT for 2013 and relly want to stand out amongst 11000 applicants. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.