2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy to get my II today! I'll be there 9/15! I was complete on 7/26!

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite here as well. Complete on 7/26. I'm happy I was able to schedule this one the day before I go to BU!

File complete Aug 2 and invite for interview today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First interview invites are so encouraging... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
congratz everyone!

what are yo stats and when were guys complete?

congrats!

you have been very successful :)

this school is very expensive! 76k per year tuition.

Thanks Wirez. I know it's expensive, but I'll be happy to pay if it's the only school that accepts me!

Congrats everyone! Once again, Tufts likes interviewing the superstats students first.

Interview invite as well :)

Audit email 7/19
Complete email 7/26
Interview invite 8/29 (today)

As for the tuition. I'm not sure how it factors, but the average debt according to MSAR is $202,845 with 78% receiving financial aid. (Assuming 78k/yr for 4 years = 312k, so about 110k avg saved. Although I'm not sure if averages include outside scholarship students such as HPSP)

I'd rather not post stats here, but if you want to PM I will gladly tell you some information.

i'm pretty sure everyone who received invites today are ballers. especially LeoGer and percy and dps

and lucky....

well everyone lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Invite today! 3.9/39, so...yep, looks like they're inviting high-stats first. Dunno about finaid--looking forward to getting more info about that on interview day :)

Congratulations to everyone who got Interview Invite!
DO we get a complete email once the audit process is complete? I got audit start email on August 9th (when I submitted my secondary) and then I checked the status on August 22nd that they have matched my LoRs with my application. I never got the "complete" email. Should I be worried?

I got an email saying

We are contacting you to confim that all required documents for your application to Tufts University School of Medicine have been received and your Secondary Application is now considered complete.

I got this four days after submitting my secondary

Congratulations to everyone who got Interview Invite!
DO we get a complete email once the audit process is complete? I got audit start email on August 9th (when I submitted my secondary) and then I checked the status on August 22nd that they have matched my LoRs with my application. I never got the "complete" email. Should I be worried?

I don't think so - I also had a couple/few days delay before I got the "complete" email!

Regarding the audit/complete emails: I got the audit email 8/1 and my status on the website says "application complete" but I have yet to receive any email to that effect. Anybody else in this situation? Should I just sit tight or make a phone call?

Regarding the audit/complete emails: I got the audit email 8/1 and my status on the website says "application complete" but I have yet to receive any email to that effect. Anybody else in this situation? Should I just sit tight or make a phone call?

Yes. I am in the same situation. Lets both try and call and then communicate.

I was complete on 7/26 too! Hopefully i'll hear something soon! :xf:

is it just me, or is Tufts slow as **** when it comes to processing applications? I was verified 8/8, had my secondary completed 8/10, and had my recommendation letters submitted before I was even verified. I JUST got an email from Tufts TODAY saying they just confirmed my application..... wtf is up with the delay???

is it just me, or is Tufts slow as **** when it comes to processing applications? I was verified 8/8, had my secondary completed 8/10, and had my recommendation letters submitted before I was even verified. I JUST got an email from Tufts TODAY saying they just confirmed my application..... wtf is up with the delay???

No secondary essays + superscore = thousands of apps = slow delay.

I'm guessing it has to do with manually updating almost 8,000 applications. Everything's going to be okay.

No secondary essays + superscore = thousands of apps = slow delay.

There are other schools that get just as many (or more) applications as Tufts who still manage to confirm completion within a day or two.

Well I submitted on August 1 but didn't get the complete email until today. There go my chances. I wonder why I even bothered submitting early?

I submitted my secondary on 8/4, letters were already up, audit email on 8/8, and I also JUST got the complete email...

So that means almost everyone else is in the same boat as us, you guys! I think we'll be okay if everyone gets the same delay in processing it

Did anyone get an interview invite for the MD/MPH program yet?

Thanks!

So that means almost everyone else is in the same boat as us, you guys! I think we'll be okay if everyone gets the same delay in processing it

If everyone is in the same boat how did the people who submitted a few days ahead of me get an interview invite and i just got a application complete email? I was really ahead of the game at Tufts because I wanted a better shot at getting in. Now I might as well just be any other applicant.

If everyone is in the same boat how did the people who submitted a few days ahead of me get an interview invite and i just got a application complete email? I was really ahead of the game at Tufts because I wanted a better shot at getting in. Now I might as well just be any other applicant.

I doubt two weeks will change whether or not you'll get an interview. It looks like most who received invites were complete around the time that you submitted, so you weren't exactly ahead of the game. Good luck, though. I hope you get an invite.

if it helps submitted 8/10, audit email 8/11, complete 8/31

I doubt two weeks will change whether or not you'll get an interview. It looks like most who received invites were complete around the time that you submitted, so you weren't exactly ahead of the game. Good luck, though. I hope you get an invite.

They didn't add my letters until the 24th which is the main reason I am upset. They had been available for weeks before that.

submitted: aug 1st, no idea when audit email came, Complete today aug 31st.

I feel like this would upset most of the people on here.

They didn't add my letters until the 24th which is the main reason I am upset. They had been available for weeks before that.

I had a very similar timeline and am equally upset, but what can ya do?

I certainly wouldn't be happy about it. I hope you hear some good news soon.

Adcoms read this all the time and will see your are being neurotic. As result they will delay any interviews they may want to extend you by weeks just to make you sweat..

Yeah, I feel ya. They had marked one of my letters as received, but not the others a few weeks ago, so I emailed them and just asked what was up. They downloaded them the next day, but I still wasn't marked as complete til today :(

Yeah, I feel ya. They had marked one of my letters as received, but not the others a few weeks ago, so I emailed them and just asked what was up. They downloaded them the next day, but I still wasn't marked as complete til today :(

I emailed as well but never got anything back, letter was finally marked as received on the 24th.

I emailed as well but never got anything back, letter was finally marked as received on the 24th.

I am guessing we all are in the same baot. I was also marked complete on Wednesday. I am guessing they are sending/reviewing/marking them complete in batches. If you notice, all others who received their interviews were complete on/around 8/1. So, relax guys! We are next. All the best!
and congrats to those who got II!

Just curious, those of you who got interviews did you guys write the optional essays?

Status
Not open for further replies.