2011-2012 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can get just get through the waitlist this year, I'd be happy. Is that selfish?
Everyone wants their place there. Besides, you said you want them to get through the Waitlist... not get through far enough for you. That makes a difference I think, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

If they can get just get through the waitlist this year, I'd be happy. Is that selfish?

I took that to mean you were pulling for me too ... and everybody else on here. Thanks and I'm pulling for you too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took that to mean you were pulling for me too ... and everybody else on here. Thanks and I'm pulling for you too.

Totally agree. It would be awesome if we were all classmates in the fall. We could look back and laugh at how ridiculously stressful this waitlist experience has been. I truly believe better days are ahead for all of us.

Totally agree. It would be awesome if we were all classmates in the fall. We could look back and laugh at how ridiculously stressful this waitlist experience has been. I truly believe better days are ahead for all of us.

That'd be awesome. We would recognize each other by our SDN user names! Then for $h*ts and giggles we could open up this application thread and laugh at ourselves freaking out!

"Hey, remember when you were freaking out about the most important decision of your life for almost an entire year? HILARIOUS!" :eek:

Lol. Good times.

You guys crack me up. Here's to hoping that we all meet in the fall! :xf:

YES! Finally completed undergrad. Now to worry about this some more!

Hi everyone,

I'm a fellow Army waitlister as of April 5th, but I still havent been medically cleared yet. I got DQed for hypertension but I'm in the process of pursuing a waiver. Also, I didnt pass the H/W requirement so I am working on that too. Am I screwed?

Hope to meet y'all soon! Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get the good news!

I will be withdrawing my application and I already emailed [email protected]. Should I be getting a response back? I want to make sure they know my intentions before May 15th so my spot can go to one of you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I'm a fellow Army waitlister as of April 5th, but I still havent been medically cleared yet. I got DQed for hypertension but I'm in the process of pursuing a waiver. Also, I didnt pass the H/W requirement so I am working on that too. Am I screwed?

Hope to meet y'all soon! Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get the good news!

From my understanding you're not screwed but they will not accept you after May 15th until you are cleared medically. So definitely nag as many people as you can until they clear you so you can get that acceptance phone call!

Conditional acceptance last week (Army).

But...i have withdrawn my application. Good luck everybody!

I will be withdrawing my application and I already emailed [email protected]. Should I be getting a response back? I want to make sure they know my intentions before May 15th so my spot can go to one of you guys.

You won't get a response to the email, but I received a letter in the mail a few days later confirming my withdrawl.

I bet folks are going to get some calls today.

Second that. Any Air Force waitlisters here? I've read a lot from Army/Navy, but not Air Force. Hope slots for Air Force flow, because I'm prior service with service committment and can't change to "no preference." totally sucks. Here's to the waitlist moving for all of us.

Also, does anyone have a disqual code? Mine said "Abdominal Surgery, history in the preceeding 6 months." The six month mark passed Friday and I have a PHA proving World-wide deployability and an "Excellent" PT Test. They have to be just sitting on my file because this is literally a 10 second decision based on everything I gave them.

Second that. Any Air Force waitlisters here? I've read a lot from Army/Navy, but not Air Force. Hope slots for Air Force flow, because I'm prior service with service committment and can't change to "no preference." totally sucks. Here's to the waitlist moving for all of us.

Also, does anyone have a disqual code? Mine said "Abdominal Surgery, history in the preceeding 6 months." The six month mark passed Friday and I have a PHA proving World-wide deployability and an "Excellent" PT Test. They have to be just sitting on my file because this is literally a 10 second decision based on everything I gave them.

I was originally Air Force, but I told them I would accept an appointment with any service. I am still hoping they find a place for me with the AF... I think the AF moves less and more slowly because people selected for those spots are less likely to give them up. The also have 13 less spots than the Army. My father was AF, I was born on an AF base, I hope to stay in that family.

I was originally disqualified for Astigmatism. When I was waitlisted, they submitted my file for review and I was granted a medical waiver. It took a couple of weeks for it to be processed. I would call or email whoever you can today because I don't think you can receive a place if you are not cleared by the 15th. And your file has to go to like three different offices to gain approval from the necessary people. All that red tape...

Good luck to you, and yes, to all of us. Here to hoping for some news this week! :xf:

I spoke with the admissions office yesterday and they told me that a lot of people had declined spots within the past week and they expect movement on the wait list shortly.

Doesn't seem like very many calls have gone out since the end of last week, and still no calls that we know of today. Perhaps they are waiting until after the 15th? :xf: for tomorrow!

Doesn't seem like very many calls have gone out since the end of last week, and still no calls that we know of today. Perhaps they are waiting until after the 15th? :xf: for tomorrow!

I sure hope so... 38 minutes left and no phone call for me.

Based on last years thread, things picked up around late-May. Seems like the adcom has things to look over before just blowing down the WL. Could be that once people withdraw and they send a hardcopy letter home, they provide ample time to ensure that the withdrawing applicant is in fact the real applicant- my state school had some verification barriers in place for just the occasion.

So I don't think it's any cause for alarm if we don't get a punctual response- though it would be nice.

Last edited:
new to the site, long time reader. I just got the call and im in the 2012 Army class!! My dreams literally came true today. Im already active Army, didnt know if anyone with a prior service background could tell me what to expect in the coming months (new orders, clearing current station, if ill make OBC) Just got back from afghanistan and about to go on block leave, PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME! Excited to meet everyone in Aug.
Cory, and any other active duty army folks who just got in: I'm also active, have been dealing with Miss Taylor at USAREC, waiting on orders to PCS to Bethesda with TDY en-route to BOLC for about a month. You need to get the first O-5 in your CoC to authorize your early discharge, in accordance with the AR Miss Taylor will tell you about. You need to send in that authorization ASAP with the other paperwork she sends you, in order to have her forward your paperwork to HRC to get orders.

After she submits to HRC, she says it takes ~2 weeks to come back to her, then to you. Going to have to move quickly to clear post and set up the PCS move and find housing and such before BOLC.

Hey all. I just got off the phone with Capt. Calloway; offered a seat with the AF. Just a little numb right now and it hasn't set in yet. Good luck to you all. Excited and relieved. It's been a long wait. Sincerely, all the best to all of you and I hope to see you in August.

Hey all. I just got off the phone with Capt. Calloway; offered a seat with the AF. Just a little numb right now and it hasn't set in yet. Good luck to you all. Excited and relieved. It's been a long wait. Sincerely, all the best to all of you and I hope to see you in August.

congrats! lets keep the phones ringing!!

I got the call a few hours ago. Navy. See you in August.

did they ever do down to the alt list last year? if so when did they start? i am on the alt list and my waiver is not yet cleared. I got decent position on 1 other MD waitlist and an unknown position on another so I am not that worried lol:xf:

army is top choice btw

Congratulations! When did you interview and when were you waitlisted if you don't mind sharing? You stated your preference as Air Force then correct?

Congratulations! When did you interview and when were you waitlisted if you don't mind sharing? You stated your preference as Air Force then correct?
Interviewed Oct 20. Hold status early Dec. WL in March. Preference was AF and I did not change to "no preference".

I got the call today around 11:00 PST. Accepted Navy :D interviewed January 19, non prior, 3.87, 32. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations everyone! Good luck and don't forget to join the Facebook group USUHS Class of 2016. Keep us updated!

No army movement today? I didn't see that coming.

Got the call earlier today, accepted Army!

Interviewed 2/23, waitlisted 4/20. Good luck everyone!

No army movement today? I didn't see that coming.

I am sure they gave out all the openings they had...just remember majority of people aren't on SDN or don't post

sad I didn't get a call...just gotta keep waiting and have hope

So does anybody have any insight into whether the acceptances that went out yesterday filled all the spots? Should we be expecting anymore today (or ever for that matter)?

So does anybody have any insight into whether the acceptances that went out yesterday filled all the spots? Should we be expecting anymore today (or ever for that matter)?

I think they probably have more spots to fill beyond what they give out today even. If people called and gave up spots as late as the 15th, which I am 95% sure they did, they still have to process those places. I think people will probably be getting called through the end of May.

Dr. Calloway just called. Air Force, 2016. I am so excited... and nervous... and excited!!!

:D:D:D:scared::D:D:D

Time to go exercise...

~~Kimberly

Last edited:
Hey fellow aspiring physicians, would I email the admissions to withdraw my application? anyone know? I am waitlisted Army by the way, so hope it bumps someone up.

Hey fellow aspiring physicians, would I email the admissions to withdraw my application? anyone know? I am waitlisted Army by the way, so hope it bumps someone up.
I think you can email them, everyone else seems to be doing just that. Plus, everytime I call admissions, I get a voice mail.

I feel like I'm the very last person on the army waitlist. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.