2011-2012 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not the last person...just 2nd to last...I think I'm at the bottom of the barrel

Nope. There's three of us.
Lets make a club.

kinda strange how the army waitlist kind of stopped moving. We were on a roll there for a second.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they probably have more spots to fill beyond what they give out today even. If people called and gave up spots as late as the 15th, which I am 95% sure they did, they still have to process those places. I think people will probably be getting called through the end of June.

Dr. Calloway just called. Air Force, 2016. I am so excited... and nervous... and excited!!!

:D:D:D:scared::D:D:D

Time to go exercise...

~~Kimberly

CONGRATS AS WELL!!! Two AF yesterday that we know of. Would you mind sharing when you interviewed and then were waitlisted? Also AF preference correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. There's three of us.
Lets make a club.

kinda strange how the army waitlist kind of stopped moving. We were on a roll there for a second.

I'm still here too. I will join your club.

CONGRATS AS WELL!!! Two AF yesterday that we know of. Would you mind sharing when you interviewed and then were waitlisted? Also AF preference correct?
Interviewed Feb 9th.
Waitlisted April 13th.
Air Force preference, told them I would take any commission after waitlisted.
3.6 GPA
29 O MCAT

Is it just army folks left?

Are there any Navy or AF waitlisters still out there?

Lol I definitely feel the discouragement as well not getting a call today. But keep in mind that any WL movement is good! Can't expect us non-priors to be the top~15 ya know, especially when for some servicemembers USU is the only school they can attend.

Last Years-------

Originally Posted by snowjunkie
6/3/11
Just got a call from Dr. Calloway, conditionally accepted Navy! Been a long wait but it's worth it...9/23 Interview, 11/3 - Hold Letter to receive decision by 01/15, 01/13 - Hold Letter to receive decision by 04/01, 02/18 - Waitlisted Navy, 06/03 - Accepted! Future applicants don't lose hope, plan for the worst but don't lose hope

Originally Posted by In4thelonghaul
5/25/11
Just talked to Dr. Calloway, accepted Air Force! I'm so excited, what a relief. Good luck to everyone still waiting

Last edited:
Lol I definitely feel the discouragement as well not getting a call today. But keep in mind that any WL movement is good! Can't expect us non-priors to be the top~15 ya know, especially when for some servicemembers USU is the only school they can attend.

Last Years-------

Originally Posted by snowjunkie
6/3/11
Just got a call from Dr. Calloway, conditionally accepted Navy! Been a long wait but it's worth it...9/23 Interview, 11/3 - Hold Letter to receive decision by 01/15, 01/13 - Hold Letter to receive decision by 04/01, 02/18 - Waitlisted Navy, 06/03 - Accepted! Future applicants don't lose hope, plan for the worst but don't lose hope

Originally Posted by In4thelonghaul
5/25/11
Just talked to Dr. Calloway, accepted Air Force! I'm so excited, what a relief. Good luck to everyone still waiting

Snowjunkie's progress is almost exactly the same as mine. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Snowjunkie's progress is almost exactly the same as mine. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Ya.. waiting definitely messed with everyone's psyche but stay on top of it!- there's gonna be worse things to come both in and once out of med school :D Poor at&t coverage don't keep failing me now!

addition----

Btw don't feel like USUHS is any exception to how the WL moves, if anything USUHS is known for moving more. Here's OSHU last year

Originally Posted by Northwesterly
Last year's data:
Date: WL#:
05/23 38
05/24 42
05/25 50
05/26 53
05/27 58
05/31 60
06/07 69
06/16 77
06/21 80
06/24 85
07/01 94
07/22 100
07/30 106

THIS IS "OREGON HEALTH SCIENCE U" just in case ppl got their hopes up from misreading this, and again, we can only speculate how things will turn out this year so stay productive while ya all wait! :)

Last edited:
Ya.. waiting definitely messed with everyone's psyche but stay on top of it!- there's gonna be worse things to come both in and once out of med school :D Poor at&t coverage don't keep failing me now!

addition----

Btw don't feel like USUHS is any exception to how the WL moves, if anything USUHS is known for moving more. Here's OSHU last year

Originally Posted by Northwesterly
Last year's data:
Date: WL#:
05/23 38
05/24 42
05/25 50
05/26 53
05/27 58
05/31 60
06/07 69
06/16 77
06/21 80
06/24 85
07/01 94
07/22 100
07/30 106

THIS IS "OREGON HEALTH SCIENCE U" just in case ppl got their hopes up from misreading this, and again, we can only speculate how things will turn out this year so stay productive while ya all wait! :)

What does this mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does this mean?

If you mean the data and how it's pertinent to us WL'ers then... I mean to imply: don't fret or get too discouraged just because May 15th has come and gone; WL movement will still continue, as it does for every med school- The only hard data I could find was of OSHU and being that it is one of the more popular med schools to apply I thought it'd be a good e.g.

Keep in mind WL movement is a global chain reaction. Ppl accepted to USUHS may withdraw at the last minute if they get their school of priority, as would some ppl waiting to hear from USU and already accepted elsewhere, who if accepted to USU from here on would decline their acceptance to whatever other school they held their acceptance and their spot would go to e.g. a ULCA WL version of you or me.

simply put: until we receive a very very very solid answer, to the very very very end, we have been both rejected and accepted... so keep :xf:!

edit addition-----

What kim said... :) *Reason for Editing*

Last edited:
Just dropped an Army spot. One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I hope it goes to one of you guys waiting out there.

Just dropped an Army spot. One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I hope it goes to one of you guys waiting out there.

Thank you for letting us know. There are quite a few of us here who would gladly take it :). Good luck to you wherever you end up going.

I am going to be renting a house near school so I can have a backyard for my dogs. There will be room for a couple of roommates as well. Let me know if you are interested.

5pm has come and gone. Good news anyone?

Hi all,

Been watching this thread for a while. I interviewed back in February for Air Force and was wait-listed about 10 weeks later. I received an acceptance call this past Thursday and was given 24 hours to make a decision. I also am accepted to my in-state school and decided to decline my spot in the Air Force. Just wanted to let everyone know as there has been very little Air Force discussion but know there is an acceptance out there for someone. Just be prepared to make a decision within 24 hours if you are offered a position and have another acceptance.

Hi all,

Been watching this thread for a while. I interviewed back in February for Air Force and was wait-listed about 10 weeks later. I received an acceptance call this past Thursday and was given 24 hours to make a decision. I also am accepted to my in-state school and decided to decline my spot in the Air Force. Just wanted to let everyone know as there has been very little Air Force discussion but know there is an acceptance out there for someone. Just be prepared to make a decision within 24 hours if you are offered a position and have another acceptance.

Thanks for letting us know. Here's to hoping!!! Good luck to you! :xf:

Is there another thread I should be looking at? Where's all the movement??

Anyone want to start a poll? Who is on what waitlist.
Something to do while we wait.

EARG- army
ser326- army
DavisAggie12 - No pref
schoolboy84 - army
IDFsoldierboy- No pref (pre waitlist army/navy)

EARG- army
ser326- army
DavisAggie12 - No pref
schoolboy84 - army
Schrdngrs ct - army

Seems to be an awful lot of army...

During my interview, I was told that traditionally the army waitlist had the most amount of movement. I'm wondering if this information played a part in influencing anyone's decisions. Over compensation?

Seems to be an awful lot of army...

During my interview, I was told that traditionally the army waitlist had the most amount of movement. I'm wondering if this information played a part in influencing anyone's decisions. Over compensation?

For me, no- just made me glad to know my chances were even better. Went army med from really respecting the way the docs at madigan have looked after my old man and his service related disabilities over the last two decades.

For me, no- just made me glad to know my chances were even better. Went army med from really respecting the way the docs at madigan have looked after my old man and his service related disabilities over the last two decades.

Do you live in Washington? I just graduated from UW!

ser326- army
DavisAggie12 - No pref
schoolboy84 - army
Schrdngrs ct - army
jvqd - army

5 people on army waitlist?

I accidentally put this on the wrong thread.

Hello all. Don't worry about the waitlist. In my class, 2012 just graduated, we had people accepted off the wait list days before starting in August.

I've got a ton of Ensign rank stuff that I'd be happy to pass on to anyone who wants it. I've got two sets of soft shoulder boards, one set of hard shoulder boards, and six plus of both small and large butter bars. I'll send it all to anyone who PMs me. If you're going to ODS, they may make you buy it there anyway but for prior-Os, NROTC, or USNA grads, this could save you some money. Although I'll take anything over the cost of postage, I don't really care about the money. I can also leave them with the HMC at USUHS with your name on them for when you report in.

We're moving to Portsmouth, but we have a fantastic babysitter here in MD. If anybody wants her name, PM me. Both myself and one of my classmates would recommend her most strongly.

Huck

I accidentally put this on the wrong thread.

Hello all. Don't worry about the waitlist. In my class, 2012 just graduated, we had people accepted off the wait list days before starting in August.

I've got a ton of Ensign rank stuff that I'd be happy to pass on to anyone who wants it. I've got two sets of soft shoulder boards, one set of hard shoulder boards, and six plus of both small and large butter bars. I'll send it all to anyone who PMs me. If you're going to ODS, they may make you buy it there anyway but for prior-Os, NROTC, or USNA grads, this could save you some money. Although I'll take anything over the cost of postage, I don't really care about the money. I can also leave them with the HMC at USUHS with your name on them for when you report in.

We're moving to Portsmouth, but we have a fantastic babysitter here in MD. If anybody wants her name, PM me. Both myself and one of my classmates would recommend her most strongly.

Huck

Thanks for the encouragement. I was getting close to writing this year off. :xf:

kind of wishing I had picked a smaller waitlist...

Lol maybe you did! SDN isn't a very good way of gauging that- this point has been mentioned many times throughout this thread. This year's, 2011-2012 USU, user activity has been pretty wimpy compared to the previous years... By now the previous years threads were hitting 35+ pages- full of AF and Navy talk over Army I might add.

Do you live in Washington? I just graduated from UW!

Yes I do and I love me some grey skies! Went to UW only for summer semesters while visiting the fam. Graduated few years back and now one of my two jobs are at UWMC

edit----

And congrats on the graduation!

Last edited:
Oh a side note:

Anyone know what the cut-off date is for making it into this summer's officer training if we get accepted? My manager has been giving me the lovely "We can't have a maybe you're going to keep working for us attitude so should we start looking to hire and let you go?" nudge

edit----

for those of you also in the same boat- admission committee got back to me and said "probably not" on the OBC.

Last edited:
Oh a side note:

Anyone know what the cut-off date is for making it into this summer's officer training if we get accepted? My manager has been giving me the lovely "We can't have a maybe you're going to keep working for us attitude so should we start looking to hire and let you go?" nudge

edit----

for those of you also in the same boat- admission committee got back to me and said "probably not" on the OBC.

I wonder if that is for all services or only Army? So if we end up getting in past this point we would have to do OBC next summer? I think you're right about the complete inadequacy of posting on SDN this year by the way. I keep on seeing positions open up, but nobody here seem to be getting them. I was hoping that those positions hadn't been filled yet, but I think that is just wishful thinking.

Oh a side note:

edit----

Wondering if you could clarify. Did they mean you in particular or everyone on your particular waitlist branch?
Keep having to tell people that I could be leaving my job mid June..... maybe....

Edit - I just remembered that I'm on your branch's waitlist too. :(

Last edited:
Everyone on the Army WL.

But this is something we all already knew and the response of "probably not" was foreseen- everything right now is in a: maybe, possibly, probably, uncertain; moment- just the nature of being a WL'er I suppose :p

If there's any consolation to any of this, it must be that we are paving the road for a future generation of waitlisters next year to read all these posts and just panic and be miserable.

Wait. I'm a little confused. If we get accepted from here on out, OBC is this summer or next summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.