2012-2013 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted my secondary 8/3, still not marked as complete. This school knows how to make me nervous. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_mini_interview

A lot of US medical schools seem to have started adopting this interview format in the past few years. Basically, there's a number of stations (8-10 generally) where you're supposed to complete certain tasks outlined on an instruction/scenario sheet. It's actually really, really fun.

Thanks, this is actually very interesting. I look forward to hopefully getting my MMI invite soon!

Submitted my secondary 8/3, still not marked as complete. This school knows how to make me nervous. :oops:

Same here! Makes me think I didn't even submit the secondary or something. Maybe there was a mistake on the server at the time I submitted...I'm going to go crazy by the time this cycle is complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
So they're still working on people who submitted 8/3...

I submitted 8/7 so gotta wait a little!

So they're still working on people who submitted 8/3...

I submitted 8/7 so gotta wait a little!

How do I tell if they received my secondary? I submitted it 8/7 and it says:

Secondary Application Information

This section is to confirm receipt of your (Requested Secondary, Payment Received & Verified Amcas Application)

Your verified AMCAS application was received.
A unique Login ID and Password to complete your secondary application were sent to you via e-mail on 08/02/2012.
Your application fee, or fee waiver request, was received on 08/07/2012.

But under letters received it says:

In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office.

Does that mean it hasn't been received? Thanks

I had put the letters they wanted when I submitted my AMCAS initially..

Oh how long does it typically take to get complete? Most other med schools are like within 1 or 2 days..

i submitted mine on 8/3 and was marked complete on 8/14

Oh how long does it typically take to get complete? Most other med schools are like within 1 or 2 days..

You must be applying to some amazing medical schools :p Most take weeks in my experience. It took NYMC a week for me (Submitted 8/3, Complete 8/10)

For all the 8/3 submitters (or before) with no complete status/letters received status, I spoke to a very nice lady in the admissions office this morning. She was very reassuring and said it takes 4 weeks and it is completely normal that the status says the fee was received on the day you submitted but does not say your secondary was received, yet.

For all the 8/3 submitters (or before) with no complete status/letters received status, I spoke to a very nice lady in the admissions office this morning. She was very reassuring and said it takes 4 weeks and it is completely normal that the status says the fee was received on the day you submitted but does not say your secondary was received, yet.

Thanks for passing this information along. Just gotta be patient, I guess. :)

Invited to interview yesterday, submitted 7/31! Can't wait to see NYC :)

Think he means its close by so he will visit NYC as well

It's a good hour+ by train to grand central, but at least you can get used to the commute and it feels pretty touristy pulling up to grand central for the first time. Congratulations! I'm hoping my lack of a non-science letter doesn't make my application so weak it becomes undesirable :-(

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for passing this information along. Just gotta be patient, I guess. :)

+1 I hope they get it sorted out soon! I'm in NY for another interview and sent them an in-ther-area..hoping not to have to fly out there multiple times..

Interview invite email this morning!

Secondary submitted Aug 3
Secondary complete Aug 6
II Aug 22

Also, I did not have the cookie cutter letters they requested, mostly because I'm in a masters program.

Interview invite email this morning!

Secondary submitted Aug 3
Secondary complete Aug 6
II Aug 22

Also, I did not have the cookie cutter letters they requested, mostly because I'm in a masters program.

+1

Are you having trouble scheduling? The link doesn't have anything for picking dates.

submitted 8/3, complete 8/20....hoping for an interview invite soon :xf:

Interview invite today!!

Would you mind posting your stats? Has anyone gotten an II so far with a <30 MCAT? They probably are offering II's to all the people with higher stats first....

Would you mind posting your stats? Has anyone gotten an II so far with a <30 MCAT? They probably are offering II's to all the people with higher stats first....

I've noticed that many schools don't make decisions on apps in order of completion. Often, but not always, I see schools give out II's to higher stats people with a quick turnaround, but peruse us normal folk for a greater length of time. But maybe its just coincidence and that doesn't happen. Just speculation!

I received an interview invite today as well.

3.9+ s/cGPA, 32 (unbalanced) MCAT, OOS

I've noticed that many schools don't make decisions on apps in order of completion. Often, but not always, I see schools give out II's to higher stats people with a quick turnaround, but peruse us normal folk for a greater length of time. But maybe its just coincidence and that doesn't happen. Just speculation!

Yeah I will continue to try and be a patient average applicant. Let's hope it eventually pays off for us normies!

received MMI invite this morning. completed 08/10/12.

OOS; 3.75/3.67, 36S URM; completely love this school, can't wait!!!

I've been wondering that too...

i submitted 8/2 and am still not complete and therefore cannot even check my status - should i call?

Finally complete this morning. Ilu NYMC. Hope the feeling's mutual. :love:

bah. still waiting to be complete. i also submitted 8/3. I'm non-trad so my letters weren't the standardized faculty letters...I wonder if that's causing problems

bah. still waiting to be complete. i also submitted 8/3. I'm non-trad so my letters weren't the standardized faculty letters...I wonder if that's causing problems

did you check your status page?! I also submitted on 8/3 and have not gotten any "complete" email, but on the status page it says "** Your Secondary Application was completed on 08/14/2012 and is currently under review. **"

EDIT: nvmind thought you guys got an email saying your complete!

did you check your status page?! I also submitted on 8/3 and have not gotten any "complete" email, but on the status page it says "** Your Secondary Application was completed on 08/14/2012 and is currently under review. **"

yup. just checked. all I have is:

Your verified AMCAS application was received.
A unique Login ID and Password to complete your secondary application were sent to you via e-mail on 08/02/2012.
Your application fee, or fee waiver request, was received on 08/03/2012.

none of my letters show up either

for what it's worth, they dated my letters received when the app was marked complete, even though I "sent" the letters when I submitted my app early june!

Submitted 8/7, still waiting on completion. For those of you nervous about MMI- I was at an MMI interview this cycle (different school obviously) and had a great time. I think most of the other interviewees felt the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.