2013-2014 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just tried to submit my application, and the server timed out on me. My status page says "application complete" but under the "secondary application" tab where it says "Application Submit" I still see the exclamation mark instead of a check mark, and I cannot click on that link.

Anyone else have this happen? Am I complete?

I'm still seeing the red exclamation point despite it saying that my committee letter was received. Anyone else on the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have the red exclamation point as well, except one of my letter writers was late this year and just uploaded yesterday and that letter is marked as being received but none of my early letters from June.

I just submitted and I have the green check marks on everything. On my status page it also says status complete with the check mark.

Called admissions today, their developers are still working on the LOR problem.

Called admissions today, their developers are still working on the LOR problem.

I wonder what that even means. The portal webapp they use is standardized. I've seen it used at like 4 other schools.

I also talked to someone in admissions this afternoon. She said they were having a lot of IT issues. She also mentioned that because of these problems, processing might take a couple weeks, so not to panic if I don't hear anything regarding status right away.

It sounded like it might also be at least a couple of weeks until interview invites.

Hey guys, I am an NY resident 3.8cGPA/3.74sGPA and 34 MCAT. Do you think I have a legit shot being out of state and all? Thank you :) !

Hey guys, I am an NY resident 3.8cGPA/3.74sGPA and 34 MCAT. Do you think I have a legit shot being out of state and all? Thank you :) !

Penn State has about 40% OOS matriculants, and you've got good stats - I'd say yes!

Anyone else still have red checks next to LOR and App Complete sections on the status page?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a "complete and under review" email yet? I was looking at last years thread and it looks like they might send those emails out before IIs

Has anyone received a "complete and under review" email yet? I was looking at last years thread and it looks like they might send those emails out before IIs

Um, I hope the applications are complete before II are sent out?

Um, I hope the applications are complete before II are sent out?

Well duh! I am just saying I was complete online 8/8 and have not received an email yet, so I was just wondering if anyone has.

Anyone know when they will fix the LOR issue? They are still missing one of my letters. Is it worth calling again? My app says complete but I don't want them to review it until they have all my letters.

Anyone know when they will fix the LOR issue? They are still missing one of my letters. Is it worth calling again? My app says complete but I don't want them to review it until they have all my letters.

None of my letters are showing up and I've been waiting for about 2 weeks. :laugh:

Anyone know if this school allows you to substitute the non-science letter of recommendation with another science or employer letter?

Anyone know if this school allows you to substitute the non-science letter of recommendation with another science or employer letter?

I contacted them back in May about this specific issue. Here is their reply: "The College of Medicine is interested in the broad educational background of its applicants. If you cannot meet our indicated requirements, you may feel free to submit your application with what letters you are able to secure, and the Admissions Committee will weigh this in consideration of your application."

I did use a volunteer letter for my non science. Hopefully I will soon find out if it sufficed.

All my letters are finally in, and I finally have all green checks, so I guess I'm complete! No email confirmation though.

All my letters are finally in, and I finally have all green checks, so I guess I'm complete! No email confirmation though.

All of my letters are still missing. lol.

All of my letters are still missing. lol.

I only have one letter which was just recently submitted all the ones submitted prior to that one are non existent. Makes me wonder what kind of issue they're having.

Last edited:
i only have one letter in which was just recently submitted all the ones submitted prior to that one are non existent. Makes me wonder what kind of issue they're having.

+1

Still indicates my committee letter was received but with a red exclamation... has this issue not been resolved yet?

Still indicates my committee letter was received but with a red exclamation... has this issue not been resolved yet?

At least it shows you have a letter!! I submitted 8/8 and show absolutely nothing, lol.

same exact thing for me, shows my letters but still a red exclamation. I dont know what to do at this point.

I can't imagine they have not been able to fix this problem yet. I am beginning to think that they are not going though the process of assigning letters unless they are interested in you as an applicant.

For example, there are pretty much three different scenarios at work here...

1) Those who have had no problems at all, including some whose letters showed up as soon as they submitted their secondary. I am guessing these are the coveted applicants

2) Those whose letters have shown up, but have red checkmarks, I am guessing are on deck.

3) Those whose letter status shows nothing at all, like me, I'm guessing could be right out.

I could be over analyzing of course, but this seems to make sense given that this admissions software is in use at many, many different schools. It doesn't take weeks to fix problems like this.

I can't imagine they have not been able to fix this problem yet. I am beginning to think that they are not going though the process of assigning letters unless they are interested in you as an applicant.

For example, there are pretty much three different scenarios at work here...

1) Those who have had no problems at all, including some whose letters showed up as soon as they submitted their secondary. I am guessing these are the coveted applicants

2) Those whose letters have shown up, but have red checkmarks, I am guessing are on deck.

3) Those whose letter status shows nothing at all, like me, I'm guessing could be right out.

I could be over analyzing of course, but this seems to make sense given that this admissions software is in use at many, many different schools. It doesn't take weeks to fix problems like this.

My money is on laziness, miscommunication, and gross administrative incompetence.

Hi guys. I am a first year here. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or PM me. I will do my best to answer them as thoroughly as possible. For administrative questions your best bet would be to CALL (not email) the admissions office. They can give you more accurate up to date information.

Last edited:
lol letters went up today for me

...time stamped at 4:05 AM :laugh:

Letters are finally up for me also.

does that mean you had letters but red exclamations? or you didnt have any letters and now have letters but red exclamations, or now you have letters and green checks?

I've had letters since the day I submitted but only red exclamations even though I am complete

I've had letters since the day I submitted but only red exclamations even though I am complete

Meeeee too. Except I have a red exclamation point for the "Complete" part as well, though I submitted it fairly recently.

submitted today! I should've finished much earlier considering how short the essays were..

So excited this issue was resolved. Now I will pray every night that an II comes my way. This is definitely my top choice!

The package letter is up but still red!!! WHYYYY??? :confused::confused::confused: