2013-2014 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted! Via email, interviewed 9/17.

Congratulations. Would you mind sharing your stats? and your interviewer? Thanks
If you're hesitant to say who your interviewer is on the forum, please PM me. Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

The topic has come up before but no one has answered definitively. Does SLU have an instate preference? Looking at the US News reports over the past two years it appears they accept a large number of instate students.... 116/468 that applied. I remember looking last year and it was similar. That is an acceptance rate of nearly 25% as opposed to approximately 8% for OOS applicants.

ACCEPTED today! Ridiculously happy right now. Interviewed 09-24, please PM for stats and such. Congrats on other acceptances and the best of luck to everyone still in the running.

WOOHOO!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!!! Interviewed on 10/22.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!!! Interviewed on 10/22.
Oh, so lucky! I interviewed the day before but my interviewer told me I may not hear anything until mid-late Nov...they just took over a week to accept you!

Accepted! I am an OOS applicant and interviewed on 10/8.

PM me if you have any questions!

Oh, so lucky! I interviewed the day before but my interviewer told me I may not hear anything until mid-late Nov...they just took over a week to accept you!

Yea I'm still in shock. I was told it would take 8-10 weeks!

Anyone else getting brochure for their Urban Underserved MD/MPH Program? I'd love to attend but I need an II first...

The topic has come up before but no one has answered definitively. Does SLU have an instate preference? Looking at the US News reports over the past two years it appears they accept a large number of instate students.... 116/468 that applied. I remember looking last year and it was similar. That is an acceptance rate of nearly 25% as opposed to approximately 8% for OOS applicants.

I don't think they do. They might accept more instate residents, but they ultimately don't end up in the class. Plus, a lot of those acceptances are probably from the SLU Scholars program, in which some SLU undergrads get a guaranteed acceptance (with some criteria met, of course). I'm an M1, Missouri resident, and there are not a ton of us actually from Missouri. Our class is probably 1/3 Californians.

Anyone know how many MS1s enter through the Undergrad/MD combined track at SLU?

Anyone know how many MS1s enter through the Undergrad/MD combined track at SLU?
It's not really a combined track, but a guaranteed acceptance. Someone said in last year's thread that 29% of the class was from this program, but I have no idea where that came from.

It's not really a combined track, but a guaranteed acceptance. Someone said in last year's thread that 29% of the class was from this program, but I have no idea where that came from.

Good to know. I guess that's not too much

Members don't see this ad :)
So I know that SLU says that they are open to "in the area" emails. I have the opportunity to go to Saint Louis with some friends at the beginning of December. Since med school apps have kind of put me on a budget, I think I would only really go if I could also get an interview for the same time frame. Is it still okay to send an "in the area" email? I don't want them to say they can't accommodate me but offer me a tour or something and then I don't show up...

Interview invite this morning!! :D Makes up for the wait-list notification I got from another school ten minutes prior to the SLU II.

Complete mid-July, not sure if my update letter (sent early october regarding my new research job) helped.

OOS, 3.65s/3.73c/31 MCAT.

II :D
OOS/~3.7c/~3.6s/32-34

Those of you who interviewed... what was your impression of the school?

II as well, OOS. Very excited for this!! Would attend if I get in haha. I hope interviewing in December won't hurt my chances!

II as well, OOS. Very excited for this!! Would attend if I get in haha. I hope interviewing in December won't hurt my chances!
Congrats! What were the available interview dates?

II here this morning as well!! What day did yall pick??!

Interview invite yesterday morning. Out of state. Complete late July.

Sorry for the late response. Interview dates were all available in December. I got the invite this morning.

Congrats! What were the available interview dates?

So maybe we got different dates to pick from for those of us who got II's yesterday morning because my available dates were like November 11, 12, 18, 19, 21, 25

I chose the 19th if anyone else is interviewing that day :)

Also, I was wondering if anyone here knows if SLU does student hosts? I couldnt find anything on this topic :/

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

So maybe we got different dates to pick from for those of us who got II's yesterday morning because my available dates were like November 11, 12, 18, 19, 21, 25

I chose the 19th if anyone else is interviewing that day :)

Actually, all of those dates were initially open to me too, plus the December ones (you just had to click the arrow in the corner of the calendar).

I just debated on a date too long (I looked in the morning & didn't pick til late evening) and by the time I was ready to pick one only the December ones were open, haha.

Also, I was wondering if anyone here knows if SLU does student hosts? I couldnt find anything on this topic :/

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

They do! My host was ex-cel-lent. After you select your date, you get a confirmation email that contains the following language:

This e-mail confirms your interview with a Saint Louis University School of Medicine representative on mm/dd/yyyy. The details of your interview day will appear on your itinerary after you have been assigned to an interviewer. Information regarding transportation, hotels, student lodging, etc. can be found in the "Interview Links" option in My Interview.

So sign into your secondary, go to Interview Links, and look for a student hosting option.

II :D
OOS/~3.7c/~3.6s/32-34

Those of you who interviewed... what was your impression of the school?
The atmosphere of the school is just wonderful. There was a lot said about how supportive the school is, and it definitely seems true. The students appear busy but very happy, and very friendly. While walking through campus to my interview I've got lot of "good luck today" wishes from current med students passing me by. There a lot of wellness programs, and the upperclassmen hang out with/support/mentor incoming med students. Overall, it's a great school, so enjoy your day and good luck!

In fact, good luck to all the interviewees! :)

The atmosphere of the school is just wonderful. There was a lot said about how supportive the school is, and it definitely seems true. The students appear busy but very happy, and very friendly. While walking through campus to my interview I've got lot of "good luck today" wishes from current med students passing me by. There a lot of wellness programs, and the upperclassmen hang out with/support/mentor incoming med students. Overall, it's a great school, so enjoy your day and good luck!

In fact, good luck to all the interviewees! :)

I definitely feel like SLU is super supportive! The faculty actively listen to our concerns and implement changes, throw out unfair or too-difficult test questions, or come in on the weekend to help with anatomy review, etc. I've been really happy so far.

Good luck to the next round of interviewees! I interviewed there on October 28th, and it was truly amazing! They are very laid back and welcoming.

II a few days ago, very excited! I just got my itinerary which states tour: 11-12, luncheon with med students and adcom: 12-1, interview: 3:30-4:15. There are empty slots 8-11, 1-3:30, and 4:15-5. To those who have already interviewed, Does this mean I do not have to wake up early :), or should I still get there at 8am? Also anyone else who has interviewed do you have any recommendations on what I should do between 1 and 3:30?

II a few days ago, very excited! I just got my itinerary which states tour: 11-12, luncheon with med students and adcom: 12-1, interview: 3:30-4:15. There are empty slots 8-11, 1-3:30, and 4:15-5. To those who have already interviewed, Does this mean I do not have to wake up early :), or should I still get there at 8am? Also anyone else who has interviewed do you have any recommendations on what I should do between 1 and 3:30?
Congrats on the II! You definitely do not need to get there at 8 am; there are no planned activities. Just show up before the tour. On the day I interviewed, most students showed up for the tour by 10 am, even if they had afternoon interviews. There's a room where everyone sits and waits, so you could definitely wait in there. Or you could walk around and do something else before your interview.

Accepted this morning!! Interviewed 10/14. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

For people who have interviewed already, what is the interview day schedule like? My itinerary just says an hour tour 11 - 12, lunch 12 - 1, and an interview 2:30 - 3:15. Will there be other presentations or information during the time between lunch and my interview, or is that just down time? Can I assume I'll be done at 3:15?

For people who have interviewed already, what is the interview day schedule like? My itinerary just says an hour tour 11 - 12, lunch 12 - 1, and an interview 2:30 - 3:15. Will there be other presentations or information during the time between lunch and my interview, or is that just down time? Can I assume I'll be done at 3:15?

It's down time. You'll be sitting in a conference room with the other interviewees that have the same gap in the schedule.

Is anyone that interviewed in early October still waiting to hear back? I was there 10/8 and haven't heard a word since.

Interviewed 10/7 and still haven't heard back...not sure what that means? Do they inform you by email with whatever status? I was told that I would hear back within 4 weeks of my interview date.

Anybody else stuck on hold while they sort out the payment system on the secondary?

"We are aware that the site is experiencing technical difficulties with the payment feature. We will update this message again once the problem has been resolved. Thank you for your patience. "

Interviewed 10/7 and still haven't heard back...not sure what that means? Do they inform you by email with whatever status? I was told that I would hear back within 4 weeks of my interview date.
It depends on when your interviewer submits the report, whether they attend the committee meeting, etc. It usually takes about a month to hear back, but if you look at the last year's thread some people waited over 6 weeks. Just be patient and good luck! :)

It depends on when your interviewer submits the report, whether they attend the committee meeting, etc. It usually takes about a month to hear back, but if you look at the last year's thread some people waited over 6 weeks. And yes, the notify you by email first. Just be patient and good luck! :)

It depends on when your interviewer submits the report, whether they attend the committee meeting, etc. It usually takes about a month to hear back, but if you look at the last year's thread some people waited over 6 weeks. And yes, the notify you by email first. Just be patient and good luck! :)

I love you Spica. You gave me hope. Ha ha