2013-2014 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview?
Termitechips interviewed 11/4, he said it earlier in the thread. Did anyone who interviewed that week get a phone call of acceptance? And when you are continued, does your status change online??

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a continue notice snail mail a month ago and my status never changed online.

Continued applicant. Interviewed 11/11.
Did your status change online? I believe I read in other threads that some people's statuses change and some stay the same after receiving continued status.

These scrub tops are really nice! Just got mine in the mail today.

Continued applicant. Interviewed 11/11.
This worries me, as I'm a fellow 11/11 interviewee. I haven't received anything in the mail yet, and it only takes about 2 business days for mail to reach me from Chicago. Don't know how to interpret this...

This worries me, as I'm a fellow 11/11 interviewee. I haven't received anything in the mail yet, and it only takes about 2 business days for mail to reach me from Chicago. Don't know how to interpret this...
Don't think too much into it. I've been trying to do the same thing for a while, but my continued letter came a while after my "batch" seemed to get decisions. The same could be true for a call, I'm sure!! : )

Did your status change online? I believe I read in other threads that some people's statuses change and some stay the same after receiving continued status.

My status still says interview complete online, so it hasn't changed.

My continued letter is dated November 26, so they took only two weeks to decide o_o

Hey everyone,

No updates of note unfortunately, but as I was walking across campus I thought the main quad looked particularly nice after a dusting of snow this weekend. Something to look forward to should you end up here!

O3IqtyI.jpg

As always, please ask if you have any questions about anything!

Reactions: 9 users
I thought the main quad looked particularly nice after a dusting of snow this weekend. Something to look forward to should you end up here!

Thank you for sharing the picture! It does look lovely (albeit cold). :)

Thank you for sharing the picture! It does look lovely (albeit cold). :)

It's indeed quite frigid! When I woke up this morning to walk the dog it was a comfortable 1 degree. :eek:

But for those worried about the cold: if this guy from Texas can handle it, you can too. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies, rickalkine and everest888. I'm just going to continue keeping my fingers crossed and waiting. Aren't calls usually made on Wednesdays? Maybe tomorrow could be the day!

I wonder when they will start making decisions for those who were deferred. I would just like to know!

I interviewed on 12/2 and was told they were hoping to notify us on the 20th or 21st. If not by then, mid-January.

I wonder when they will start making decisions for those who were deferred. I would just like to know!
From what I understand, continued applicants are reconsidered at every meeting. So a decision could come at any time.

interviewed: 11/18, received continued letter: 12/16, letter dated: 12/12

anyone know when the last interviews will be held? I've been on pre-interview hold for over 2 months now and was just curious about my chances at an interview this late in the game?

anyone know when the last interviews will be held? I've been on pre-interview hold for over 2 months now and was just curious about my chances at an interview this late in the game?
+2

Where do you live? I ask because I live in CA, interviewed in OCTOBER, and still haven't heard. So maybe my letter is on its way?
East coast.

I'm also surprised that we haven't heard anyone getting accepted since ~11-20. Montag was saying that couple years ago, they stopped accepting people in the middle of interview season since they had already accepted many applicants. I hope this is not the case this year and good luck to everyone!

Last year, I believe the last week of January was the last week of interviews. The year before, I think the last interviews were held in the first week of February.

Reactions: 1 user
Where do you live? I ask because I live in CA, interviewed in OCTOBER, and still haven't heard. So maybe my letter is on its way?

I'm in the same boat; had my interview in mid-October. No word yet... wondering if maybe my continued letter got lost in the mail?

This is going to be a loooooong 4 more weeks until I get my acceptance phone call (or continued letter). This is by far my top choice and I felt great after my interview day. Fingers and toes crossed.

Last edited:
When I interviewed on the 2nd the admin staff was saying they hoped to get us an answer by 20/21st and that they were unsure at the time if that was going to happen... I'm wondering if any current students (Nick?) could offer an update on that?

Does anyone know what the chances are for a continued applicant? The waiting is so numbing.

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't know much about timing, what's going on, etc., so I'll shoot the admissions office an e-mail this morning and see if I can find out anything for you.

@petabread: It varies from year to year, but historically I think somewhere around 10-20% of the class is made of applicants that were continued at one point or another. Most activity doesn't happen until April or May as people start to make their final decisions.

Interviewed 11-12, accepted today! I got the call yesterday while I was working, but didn't call Dr. Montag back until this morning.

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't know much about timing, what's going on, etc., so I'll shoot the admissions office an e-mail this morning and see if I can find out anything for you.

@petabread: It varies from year to year, but historically I think somewhere around 10-20% of the class is made of applicants that were continued at one point or another. Most activity doesn't happen until April or May as people start to make their final decisions.

Thanks Nick, and congrats to those who got in!

I just got off the phone with the admissions office, and they told me that more acceptances will go out tomorrow! So there's hope to hear good news before the break!!

Awesome! Any word on what interview dates that includes?

Rejection today. Was on the hold list for a couple of months prior to receiving the email, so at least I know they're reviewing on-hold applicants now :p

Congrats to everyone who was accepted recently! :claps:

Woo! Unexpected II this morning! On hold since July. 3.8/35.

Looks like there are 2 interview days left at the end of January.

Woo! Unexpected II this morning! On hold since July. 3.8/35.

Looks like there are 2 interview days left at the end of January.

was the II by email or via a status change online? and also congrats!

Got rejected on wednesday after being on pre-interview hold for three months.

I sent an update letter that monday, but I guess it wasn't enough ;)

Many tears shed - I had listened to nearly all of their podcasts, I went to an admissions online chat; they have such a strong sense of community that I guess I felt a tiny bit of that and it hurts knowing that this is the end!

Good luck to everyone who is still in the game, and congrats to those accepted!

Got rejected on wednesday after being on pre-interview hold for three months.

I sent an update letter that monday, but I guess it wasn't enough ;)

Many tears shed - I had listened to nearly all of their podcasts, I went to an admissions online chat; they have such a strong sense of community that I guess I felt a tiny bit of that and it hurts knowing that this is the end!

Good luck to everyone who is still in the game, and congrats to those accepted!

Sorry to hear that; rejections always suck, particularly from schools you feel like you have a great connection with (I had this experience as well when I was applying), but it's part of the game unfortunately. Stay strong, and best of luck with the rest of the cycle!

:laugh: I really do appreciate the Holiday Card from Pritzker, but when you are waiting on a decision and you get a thin envelope in the mail ... :uhno:

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the ax today. I wish everyone the best of luck still in the running!

Rejected pre-interview a few days ago......:bag:....just want to hide.

:=|:-): Good luck to everyone still waiting and the warmest holiday congratulations to SDNers with acceptances and II, you guys rock!

i got put on the waitlist tday. Anybody knows the movement on the waitlist last year. When do i expect them to hear a rejection or an acceptance...now that im on the waitlist