2013 ****The Official MWU-Chicago 2018 Interview/Acceptance****

joedentalstudent - what did you do that you felt ultimately got you off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone on here interviewing this Wednesday, Nov 20th?

Members don't see this ad :)
got acceptance via email at 8:02am central time.

good luck to everyone

Accepted via email at 8:06! Good luck to everyone!

Join the FB group! just type this into fb: "Midwestern University - IL College of Dental Medicine Class of 2018"

I'm declining my interview so hopefully that helps someone out!! Only reason is cuz I got into Midwestern-Arizona and it was my top choice. I did a masters there and im really impressed by the school. Good luck to everyone out there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Join the FB group! just type this into fb: "Midwestern University - IL College of Dental Medicine Class of 2018"

Can someone link to this please? I can't seem to find it

Anybody know the extent of clinical experience this program offers? Are root canals and other specialties touched on? That's my last question I'd like answered before signing the matriculation papers

anyone know when next round of interviews should be coming around for MWU?? i would assume it should be soon since 1st deposits are due... ive had my secondary submitted since early August and still no word

Will be declining offer, good luck to those on the wait list!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know when next round of interviews should be coming around for MWU?? i would assume it should be soon since 1st deposits are due... ive had my secondary submitted since early August and still no word

We are on the same page lol still anxiously waiting to hear something

declined the interview invitation. hope somebody gets it! :)

I cancelled my interview as well. Good Luck!

I got invited for an interview and scheduled on Jan 28th.

Last edited:
I have created an in-depth document that contains information about the interview, specific/general advice, and interview questions that have been asked in the past 3 cycles. If you would like this, PM me and I can send it over your way.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an interview invite. Scheduled for February 6th. I've already been accepted at a couple schools and wait listed at a couple, so might be turning it down. I was notified via email btw.

The location of the school seems pretty nice, however the fact that it is a new school makes me a little hesitant? Anyone else feel the same way?

I have created an in-depth document that contains information about the interview, specific/general advice, and interview questions that have been asked in the past 3 cycles. If you would like this, PM me and I can send it over your way.
Can anyone tell me how to PM? I am fairly new to this SDN.... Thanks ctn3g for your help!

@bluemt0211
Click on the username that you want to PM (in this case I am guessing @ctn3g)
A box should pop up.
Click "Start a Conversation"

:D Hope that helps!

got my first interview invite, I have already got 5 consecutive rejections in December its nice to see a change for once!

still waiting on flight money to go there but hoping for mid feb

good luck to those having interviews next week or in the next few weeks. stay warm!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Finally got an interview!! Scheduled for Tuesday February 11th (was hoping I could do Thursday but I have nose surgery on the 12th :/ ). Having such a late interview worries me a bit; it's my second one and I was wait listed from the first so I am hoping it goes well.
oGPA: 3.46 sGPA: 3.25 oos (MI)
DAT: AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 24 None below 17

Finally got an interview!! Scheduled for Tuesday February 11th (was hoping I could do Thursday but I have nose surgery on the 12th :/ ). Having such a late interview worries me a bit; it's my second one and I was wait listed from the first so I am hoping it goes well.
oGPA: 3.46 sGPA: 3.25 oos (MI)
DAT: AA 20 TS 20 PAT 19 RC 24 None below 17

Lol funny we have similar account name. Anyway..., I am also going for an interview on the 11th. I will see you there!

Lol funny we have similar account name. Anyway..., I am also going for an interview on the 11th. I will see you there!

Can you guys ask them after your interview, when is the last interview date...really anxious. And good luck !!

My interview is Feb. 4th. Anyone have samples of the questions they'll be asking? It's still MMI format right? Will they be asking questions like "Why dentistry?" or "Why MWU-IL?" I don't think they did last year, but I saw that they have before in the past.

My interview is Feb. 4th. Anyone have samples of the questions they'll be asking? It's still MMI format right? Will they be asking questions like "Why dentistry?" or "Why MWU-IL?" I don't think they did last year, but I saw that they have before in the past.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=dental

Go to the above link. Scroll down to Midwestern University IL and click on the number to the right of the school name. Then, scroll down a bit and you'll see a tab that reads "Questions".

This was really helpful in preparing me for my interview there.

Good luck!

Interview invite today via email. Bout damn time!

when are u interviewing?
They had 4 dates to choose from... The 4th, 11th, 18th of February and a date in mid-march. I chose the 18th bcuz I'll be interviewing at USC on the 11th. Good luck dude! Don't give up

Just got an acceptance email! I interviewed on the January 23.

Just got an acceptance e-mail as well! Interviewed on the 23rd. I Am still deciding but I'll let you guys know if I end up not going so you have another spot!

Got my Acceptance email as well This Morning & words can't describe how thankful I am! Never Ever give up on your dreams guys...the moment you think there's no more hope is exactly where you're only a few steps away from getting there! Believe me when I say this..It took me little longer than most people I know but it finally happened..Don't Give Up, No Matter What!!
Congratulations to everyone who got in! Can't wait to meet everyone :highfive: Class of 2018 here I come :biglove:

got accepted this morning through email. Interview Jan 21,