2014-2015 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School Name: University of Cincinnati
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/16
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Track: N/A
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/20-2/22
Additional Info: option to stay with graduate student

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
School Name:Nova Southeastern
Date Interview Invite Received:
1/27
Track: Neuropsychology
Interview Date: 2/13

Congrats to you and the other person! Now I am getting more anxious! :p

Last edited:
School Name: Nova Southeastern
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/27
Degree: PhD/PsyD
Track: Multicultural/Diversity

........... :]

Members don't see this ad :)
School Name: Nova Southeastern
Degree: PhD/PsyD
Track: Multicultural/Diversity

........... :]

...so, now I am clicking my email refresh button hopelessly, hope you are happy ;) :p

School Name: UMass Boston
Interview Date: 2/23 and 2/27

Reactions: 4 users
It's still so weird to me that schools wont send out rejection emails. I've received two official rejections, and had to send a barrage of emails to professors to find out I was actually not invited to an interview for my other six. Anyone know why this is? It seems a little unfair; if we're paying a $75 application fee, the least they could do is tell us when we are rejected...

Reactions: 22 users
I'm going to just assume VCU, UVa, U Illinois- Chicago, and USC are done sending out invites right? I think VCUs interview is this week. I haven't heard much about UIC clinical though
I think UIC invites have all been extended. Have no idea about other schools though

Reactions: 1 user
School Name: George Fox
Degree: PsyD
Interview Date: 2/20 and 2/27

Probably not news to anyone, but Rutgers is indeed done sending out interviews for Clin Psych PhD department wide.

Does anyone know if City College is done sending out invites at this point? Any updates on Hofstra?

Any info about Columbia TC? They're the only school I'm still waiting to hear back from. Last I heard they hadn't started reviewing applications yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if City College is done sending out invites at this point? Any updates on Hofstra?
Last Hofstra one I heard about was called out last week but it's not clear if that's done. The interview isn't for a while!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's still so weird to me that schools wont send out rejection emails. I've received two official rejections, and had to send a barrage of emails to professors to find out I was actually not invited to an interview for my other six. Anyone know why this is? It seems a little unfair; if we're paying a $75 application fee, the least they could do is tell us when we are rejected...

Generally programs don't send rejections until the very end- late March to early April. They'll hold onto applications in case some of their interviewees don't pan out and they need/want a larger cohort.

Also, anyone who has received an interview from Indianapolis and/or Hartford please PM me! I am looking to meet up with other interviewees that weekend.

Does anyone know if Nova is still extending interviews?

I assume so. This afternoon marked the first invites to go out for the first round of interviews. They should be taking the rest of the wee extending communication to all applicants they would and wouldn't like for the first interview period. There are three interview periods total FYI.

I assume so. This afternoon marked the first invites to go out for the first round of interviews. They should be taking the rest of the wee extending communication to all applicants they would and wouldn't like for the first interview period. There are three interview periods total FYI.
So is there more than one interview date?

someone posted on thegradcafe the wisconsin-madison got an interview invite on Jan. 14th. Any idea if they're still extending invites?

For anyone else who is waiting on Rutgers PsyD, I just got an email from them stating that they will start sending out interview invites next week (Feb 2nd).

Someone posted on grad cafe that they got a rejection from Colorado State's Counseling PhD program-can anyone here claim that? Did they send an actual rejection or did you email to find out?

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger and emailed UVA's psychology admin assistant to see if all invites have been extended. Stay tuned...

School Name:Fairleigh Dickinson
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/28
Interview Date: 2/08 or 2/13
Did this seem like an individual invitation or mass email? Basically- does it seem like all invites have been sent?

Just pulled the trigger and emailed UVA's psychology admin assistant to see if all invites have been extended. Stay tuned...

From admin assistant: the clinical area is currently reviewing the applications and inviting their short for interviews. If you are selected you will be contacted by phone or email. Interview weekend is 2/20/2015.

just received official rejection from city college, so i would imagine so...

Last edited:

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from NYU Counseling Psych, University of Washington Adult Clinical, or St. John's Clinical?
St. John's clinical just started reviewing applications. It may be a bit before they send out invites.

St. John's clinical just started reviewing applications. It may be a bit before they send out invites.
That one, at least, I wasn't expecting this early. Especially since the deadline was until January 15th. :)

Okay so we get more than one option? Because I already have an interview somewhere else on the 13th.

I am not sure...intuitively, it makes sense, but I am not sure. I have found calling the department and asking any of these questions to the admissions adviser is very helpful. For example, my husband received an interview for their Pharm.D. on Feb. 6th, so I called the Psy.D. program at Nova and asked them what the dates were, they had mentioned Feb. 13th, I believe they have another one in the last part of Feb. and then the 3rd interview is during the week of March 17th. So, I would say if you have any concerns, they seem very helpful, they don't judge you or anything when you call, so you should be fine. If you feel super cautious, you don't need to tell them your name either, that way it's as anonymous as possible for you.

From admin assistant: the clinical area is currently reviewing the applications and inviting their short for interviews. If you are selected you will be contacted by phone or email. Interview weekend is 2/20/2015.

Thanks for taking one for the team!! I have another that weekend, so that could possibly be interesting.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody heard from University of Washington Seattle clinical psych program? It's my last hope :(

School Name: George Fox
Degree: PsyD
Interview Date: 2/20 and 2/27
That's awesome. I have a phone conversation with the director on Friday. I don't know what to take from that?

If any of the Temple acceptances on gradcafe would mind messaging me their POIs I would really really appreciate it!

Has anyone heard from university of Washington child track, Loyola Chicago clinical or university of Denver child track?

Has anybody heard from University of Washington Seattle clinical psych program? It's my last hope :(

I posted about University of Washington child clinical track about a week ago but it might have gotten buried. I was told there were hundreds of applications for only 3 spots this year and the interview date is February 27th. Someone else mentioned that the adult track hadn't even started their review yet so don't lose hope!!!

As for Denver, TGC suggests all invites went out last Friday :(

Has anyone heard anything from UC Boulder or Vanderbilt yet?

Any info about Columbia TC? They're the only school I'm still waiting to hear back from. Last I heard they hadn't started reviewing applications yet.

I am a student in the counseling MA/EdM program at Columbia. I was informed by two of the faculty members in the department about the status of applications, in which both reported that Interviews are likely going to be sent out during the first or second week of February, and the date of the interview will be February 28th.

Also, rather than having an admissions committee look over the materials, it appears that the POI indicated in your application materials is the person who dictates whether or not you will be receiving an invitation to interview.

I hope this was helpful!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard from NYU Counseling Psych, University of Washington Adult Clinical, or St. John's Clinical?

Still waiting on NYU as well. I think they said on their website that invitations will be going out during the first week of February. I am hoping for an interview because it's my top choice.

Still waiting on NYU as well. I think they said on their website that invitations will be going out during the first week of February. I am hoping for an interview because it's my top choice.

Also waiting on NYU- thanks so much for saying they are sending out invites in Feb, I missed that and had no clue of a general timeline! I am thinking I don't really have a shot with their generous 1% acceptance rate (lol) but it's fun to apply anyway.

And so the schedule-conflict juggling continues...

School Name: University of South Dakota
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/26
Track: N/A (possibly disaster psych)
Interview Date: 2/13 or 2/27

Congratulations! I was told they wouldn't be sending interviews until the first week of Feb. Would you mind PMing your POI? This process is driving me insane!

I am not sure...intuitively, it makes sense, but I am not sure. I have found calling the department and asking any of these questions to the admissions adviser is very helpful. For example, my husband received an interview for their Pharm.D. on Feb. 6th, so I called the Psy.D. program at Nova and asked them what the dates were, they had mentioned Feb. 13th, I believe they have another one in the last part of Feb. and then the 3rd interview is during the week of March 17th. So, I would say if you have any concerns, they seem very helpful, they don't judge you or anything when you call, so you should be fine. If you feel super cautious, you don't need to tell them your name either, that way it's as anonymous as possible for you.
Oh okay. Thank you!

Also waiting on NYU- thanks so much for saying they are sending out invites in Feb, I missed that and had no clue of a general timeline! I am thinking I don't really have a shot with their generous 1% acceptance rate (lol) but it's fun to apply anyway.
I know! The waiting game is the worst part, but the good news is that about 10% get invited to interviews :) that's a better way of looking at it haha. Who are you planning to work with if you are accepted?

Hofstra is still calling people from what I understand. There may be more invites to come.

Got my first official decline email today from University of South Carolina Clinical.

To those who applied to these places:
I just called Western Michigan University and they said they will be extending interview invites most likely today or tomorrow.
I also called Idaho State University and they said they probably won't offer invites until mid-february.

UNC-Greensboro says on their website that all invites will be extended by February 1st. Anyone know how that's going?