2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any feb 9th interviewees hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know when scholarship notifications generally go out?

anyone know when scholarship notifications generally go out?

Mine came about an hour after my acceptance letter last year (email). It was then raised significantly a couple hours after I received an acceptance from another NYC school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine came about an hour after my acceptance letter last year (email). It was then raised significantly a couple hours after I received an acceptance from another NYC school.

Congrats! That's awesome. Hm I was accepted in the first wave but no one has reported any scholarships yet so I thought they might not have gone out yet.

Wait. so do schools @OrbitalOverload communicate with each other and know that you got accepted elsewhere and try to coax you by raising scholarships?!

I got a regular Wait List peeps. Does anyone know what are the odds? and what do I do now...

Congrats! That's awesome. Hm I was accepted in the first wave but no one has reported any scholarships yet so I thought they might not have gone out yet.
I'm pretty sure the application for the research/service scholarship isn't even out yet...

Wait. so do schools @OrbitalOverload communicate with each other and know that you got accepted elsewhere and try to coax you by raising scholarships?!

I got a regular Wait List peeps. Does anyone know what are the odds? and what do I do now...

I believe the way it works is that schools at which you are waitlisted can see where you are currently matriculated. When you are accepted to a school of the waitlist, the school where you are currently matriculated - in my case, Einstein - is notified. There was a huge thread last year in which @LizzyM was telling applicants which waitlists were moving based on the data she getting from students present on her waitlist, if anyone cares to dig it up. There was a pretty good explanation of the whole process somewhere in there.

So I'm currently scheduled to interview March 30th...Is this basically an interview for a wait list spot or are there still open seats to be given?

No way to tell. But by that point, Einstein will have at least sent out as many acceptances as they expect their first-year class to be
I think they accept HPWL on April 15, are you sure they have to accept the total class size by March 30?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they accept HPWL on April 15, are you sure they have to accept the total class size by March 30?
it's just as many offers out as they have available seats by 3/15. That isn't necessarily everyone they'll accept; most schools outright offer a lot more than that, because people might get multiple offers, and that doesn't include pulling off of a waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe the way it works is that schools at which you are waitlisted can see where you are currently matriculated. When you are accepted to a school of the waitlist, the school where you are currently matriculated - in my case, Einstein - is notified. There was a huge thread last year in which @LizzyM was telling applicants which waitlists were moving based on the data she getting from students present on her waitlist, if anyone cares to dig it up. There was a pretty good explanation of the whole process somewhere in there.
I don't think that was me.... maybe @gyngyn ??

Was also just accepted from the HPWL! I can't believe it, I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 3 users
We're you guys in the first or second batch or hpwl notifications?

I am also OOS, interviewed 2/12 and placed on the HPWL on 2/25. I really can't believe how fast this has all happened. <3 My LizzyM is around 73.

So my bf was accepted to the md phd and he was unable to pay. He called the office and they said that the thing is not set up yet and will do it soon. We just have to pay by 4/1.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
thanks kinakomochi! so both you and your bf are going to the same school? thats suuuper romantic <3

Congrats to those pulled off already... maybe it's a good sign that they're starting this early??

Looks like a person from the second batch was pulled too, here's to waiting for the rest of us!

Woah! Did you guys send in a letter of intent in response to your HPWL? I sent in a pretty strong letter of interest (because I'm afraid of getting accepted in, say, late July and having to commit) but it is my top choice...

Accepted off HPWL today as well! OOS, LizzyM ~73, Interviewed early Feb, wait listed about a week ago

How do we send in an update?
You can probably just add it to your response to the HPWL email, otherwise I think a standard email with an attached pdf word doc detailing the update to the general admissions email should suffice.

Last edited:
Any late February interviewees hear back yet?

Withdrew acceptance today, good luck!

do you know what happens at this reception? like how informative is it? I'm trying to decide whether its worth the trip from LA...
Personally, I don't think you need to fly in from LA for the reception. It's a nice meet and greet type of thing, a couple speeches, mingling with current and future students, faculty. If you are already accepted, I don't think it's something you need to spend all that $$$ on to travel in for. It's a nice thing to come to if you are around, but I wouldn't fly across the country for it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If we are waiting to hear back...do we fill out the Einstein financial aid questionnaire?

Last edited: