2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here. I still need to upload my ID picture too :(

Members don't see this ad.

What a load of bull. 502 gateway. GG.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same error here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This website is unreal how bad it has worked today

This is just ridiculous. If I hadn't paid the $120 NYMC and $20 CASPer fees yet I probably would have withdrawn from this school by now.

Reactions: 1 users
Same, we probably won't be able to take the test today. It seems like this company is very unprepared to do this thing.

I'm still just getting bad gateway. Tried refreshing, closing my browser completely and starting a new session, neither of which worked. Not sure what else there is to do. What browsers are you guys using? I am using Chrome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still just getting bad gateway. Tried refreshing, closing my browser completely and starting a new session, neither of which worked. Not sure what else there is to do. What browsers are you guys using? I am using Chrome.
chrome

I don't have many nice things to say about this whole process right about now.

Got this message from them:

Hi, we are currently experiencing server difficulties. This will not negatively affect your test, we appreciate your patience. An update will be sent shortly.
Naomi Cowan from takecasper.com

Reactions: 1 user
I'm using IE and same issue. I don't think it has to do with our browsers, but their system.

I'm using IE and same issue. I don't think it has to do with our browsers, but their system.
I was just about to say I don't think browser matters because I had the problem with firefox, too.

For the LOR, I have a committee letter (written by premed committee) which includes a letter packet (2 sci, 1 non sci from prof in major, 2 clinical and 1 DO) - so am I okay just listing my school name in the committee letter part, or should I still fill out the other letter info too?

Why do they need to make this process as stressful as possible.....

Sitting here about to take this test for the second time like..

ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

I have been signed in the website and kept the page open for the past hour. I think the problem is when everyone is signing in all at once

I tried using Internet Explorer and Chrome, couldn't log in either way. Naomi from takecasper.com also told me that they are experiencing server issues and it won't negatively affect my test experience.

I tried using Internet Explorer and Chrome, couldn't log in either way. Naomi from takecasper.com also told me that they are experiencing server issues and it won't negatively affect my test experience.
Hard to affect your test experience when you cannot take the test

Why am I getting this feeling that our exam will end up being rescheduled...

So what do we do? Keep trying to get in?

I'm just here trying to cram down the remainder of these eggrolls before the start button appears

Emily Nicholishen from CASPer is echoing this as well. Said it should be fixed shortly... yeah we'll see. Even if the server gets back online, anyone foresee us getting past Mod2? Don't they say history repeats itself?

So what do we do? Keep trying to get in?
That's basically all you can do at this point. Eventually there will be a gap when you can just sign in. This problem happens with many sites that can't handle such an overload which is quite an oversight by CASPer

Why am I getting this feeling that our exam will end up being rescheduled...
I would feel bad if anyone trying to take it now was also part of the May MCAT that had technical difficulties and had to reschedule:confused:

Hard to affect your test experience when you cannot take the test
I also appreciate how they've decided for me that this will not have a negative effect on my test experience. So apparently this anxiety I'm feeling because of this whole situation does not qualify as "negatively affecting my test experience."

firefox didn't work for me. I think i'm gonna stick with chrome since there hasn't been anyone with problems with that yet..

I also appreciate how they've decided for me that this will not have a negative effect on my test experience. So apparently this anxiety I'm feeling because of this whole situation does not qualify as "negatively affecting my test experience."
How about we scrap this requirement! Yayyyyy

Reactions: 3 users
OK WTF it is saying that the email and password are wrong when they are not!

I feel like I'm about to take the MCAT.
Bad memories...