2017-2018 Lincoln Memorial University - Debusk (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked them to transfer it. And I'm not sure if that's what it means cause I don't really know the movement of the waitlist here. Maybe call and ask if they're still accepting students!
Ok thanks, that makes me feel slightly better. I think the anxiety from waiting is just getting to me haha

I believe they're still accepting students and will do so up until July. (Hopefully). Especially since I've seen people commenting that they've been accepted off the waitlist, so there's still hope for me!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok thanks, that makes me feel slightly better. I think the anxiety from waiting is just getting to me haha

I believe they're still accepting students and will do so up until July. (Hopefully). Especially since I've seen people commenting that they've been accepted off the waitlist, so there's still hope for me!

I interviewed in April and was waitlisted. I applied to the Master's Program, interviewed by phone and was accepted. I then got accepted into DCOM early June. Don't ever give up! I promise you, there is hope!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed in April and was waitlisted. I applied to the Master's Program, interviewed by phone and was accepted. I then got accepted into DCOM early June. Don't ever give up! I promise you, there is hope!!!
how was their masters program?

Members don't see this ad :)
how was their masters program?
If you're considering the master's program, I suggest doing the anatomical science program. It has a really interesting radiographic imaging class, and they have a higher acceptance rate than the BP program.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello

I have some questions about the school. I’m attending Dcom in July.

How is the reputation of the school? Do most people easily get residencies after graduation?

I was pleased with the interview but I still have some nerves I would like to be settled lol

If you're considering the master's program, I suggest doing the anatomical science program. It has a really interesting radiographic imaging class, and they have a higher acceptance rate than the BP program.

Current OMS-1 here (prior BP student) - both AS and BP will get you a Masters degree and you'll be able to take MGA/Neuroanatomy with the DCOM students. Speaking from experience, BP actually better prepares you for your first year at DCOM because of the classes you're required to take (of course, it's a drag to take Cell Bio, Biochem, but those are the same class you'll have to take in MFM your first semester of medical school). As for acceptance rates, 17/20 AS students will obviously always look better than 40/60 BP students - there are just a LOT more BP spots, than AS. That being said, work hard, get an A in MGA and you'll have a sure shot of getting in. All the BP students who received As in MGA my year were accepted and the AS students who got Bs/Cs in MGA were waitlisted, so it's not like you get a free pass with AS. At the end of the day, AS or BP, you're all Masters students trying to get into DCOM/medical school.

Is there any hope for getting off the waitlist?

Or is it too early to think about it?

I hope so! I'm also on the waitlist and anxiously waiting to hear from the school. I spoke with Dr. Leo last week who said there had not been a lot of movement just yet.

I spoke with Robin yesterday and she said they will be moving people off the waitlist shortly and to hang in there! I'm waiting (semi-patiently) as well.

Reactions: 3 users
They can take people off anytime from now until like late July. It feels like such a long time :dead:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance phone call today!!!! Off the waitlist!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! When did they call you? What did you do in the time you were waitlisted if you don’t mind me asking (update letters, letter of intent, etc.?

Congrats! When did they call you? What did you do in the time you were waitlisted if you don’t mind me asking (update letters, letter of intent, etc.?
They called me this afternoon around 130ish? I did send one update letter about my final grades, certifications, and volunteering projects. I just lumped that together with my letter of intent instead of sending several letters.

Congratulations! That's awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats? I know they said it isn't ranked, but I haven't quite figured out how they choose. :)

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!! <3

Reactions: 4 users
Quick question, does anybody know what the best wifi/internet is near the school? Trying to find a local provider whose services aren't complete garbage.

Quick question, does anybody know what the best wifi/internet is near the school? Trying to find a local provider whose services aren't complete garbage.

It depends on where you live to be honest.. You're two options are mainly Sunset Digital and Vyve. Sunset digital is usually the better option but they might have a long waiting list to get your service set up.

Accepted!!!!

I'm hoping to attend the Anatomy boot camp. Does anyone know what supplies/materials I'll need? Trying to get everything in order

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I might apply to this school next cycle. Is it pretty OOS friendly? Anyone know the stats?

Have there been any other waitlist acceptances?

I'm not sure if I should lose hope or if I should hang in there

All the BP students who received As in MGA my year were accepted and the AS students who got Bs/Cs in MGA were waitlisted, so it's not like you get a free pass with AS. At the end of the day, AS or BP, you're all Masters students trying to get into DCOM/medical school.

Yeah, thats just not true. There are 5 people i can name off the top of my head with A's in MGA that were waitlisted and eventually denied admission, and I only socialized with about 1/4 of the class so im sure there were others. Another former BP had a 3.87 GPA overall and was flatout rejected after his interview. The lowest grade I had in any class in the bp program was an 89%,, had a 32 MCAT and I spent most of the summer on the waitlist before I was finally accepted. The point of all this is, the bp program does an extraordinary job of preparing you to succeed at DCOM, but it does absolutely nothing to increase your chances of getting in.

Undergrad GPA is the number 1 thing the school looks at, there were probably 8-10 students re-taking MGA this fall because they got C's in it in the bp program. Granted, 3 of those got in because they share last names with faculty members, but the rest just had high undergrad GPAs

/end rant

Hi I was just curious about how much interaction there is between 1st and 2nd years?

Does anyone know which sites are 3rd year rotations? When I interviewed they gave us a list of 10 different sites, but on the lmu website there is like 30 different sites listed.

What is the pre-secondary screen for OOS?

UPDATE: DO NOT ATTEND HERE. The school pads their class with former grad students. They were not required to repeat classes which means you will have to compete with people taking 1/4 the course load you have. SO MANY STUDENTS are kicked out or HAVE TO REPEAT a year. Quality of teaching is very poor. You're given a class that may only be 2 tests and is based on fantasy bs that is not relevant to boards. ATTRITION RATE IS VERY HIGH. VERY CORRUPT SCHOOL. VERY POORLY RUN.

Last edited:
Accepted Here Thursday 6/7/18. Phone call at end of office hours at LMU. Stats... long academic history... Overall undergrad ~ 3.4. Postbac, science 3.84, and M. S. 3.96. Took new MCAT after old scores expired. 506 ( chem /phys. 128, CARS 126, bio/chem 126, Behavioral 126) Hang in there. Interviewed in February and p.ut on alternate list. Still waiting for a final decision from another school but would be happy to attend here regardless. My point: don't give up guys. A lot of us are waiting for others to figure it out and spots can still open up. It was a blessing getting in here.

How old are you? Just curious I sort of have had a similar experience.

You said it’s a blessing getting in here. I feel the same way but why do you feel that way?

I’m genuinely interested haha

How old are you? Just curious I sort of have had a similar experience.

You said it’s a blessing getting in here. I feel the same way but why do you feel that way?

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT THIS SCHOOL. VERY CORRUPT.

Last edited:
Withdrew my spot here. Hopefully it goes to one of you patiently waiting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

Getting in to medical school in the U.S. is a blessing period. This school just happens to be in a beautiful area that is super cheap. LMU has to meet the COCA requirements like everyone else so you know these schools meet that standard of excellence. I never share my age though lol :)

Thank you I appreciate it!

Is it safe to assume that no one else will be getting off the alternate list?

This thread has been quiet lately

I WENT TO THIS SCHOOL. VERY CORRUPT. AVOID COMING HERE.

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that no one else will be getting off the alternate list?

This thread has been quiet lately

U can still get accepted up until orientation day so I would not give up yet.

Yeah, thats just not true. There are 5 people i can name off the top of my head with A's in MGA that were waitlisted and eventually denied admission, and I only socialized with about 1/4 of the class so im sure there were others. Another former BP had a 3.87 GPA overall and was flatout rejected after his interview. The lowest grade I had in any class in the bp program was an 89%,, had a 32 MCAT and I spent most of the summer on the waitlist before I was finally accepted. The point of all this is, the bp program does an extraordinary job of preparing you to succeed at DCOM, but it does absolutely nothing to increase your chances of getting in.

Undergrad GPA is the number 1 thing the school looks at, there were probably 8-10 students re-taking MGA this fall because they got C's in it in the bp program. Granted, 3 of those got in because they share last names with faculty members, but the rest just had high undergrad GPAs

/end rant

This is a huge statement to make! Do you have proof or is it a speculation?

Hello! I was recently accepted off the waitlist, and I am wondering if someone is willing to share some housing information? I will be coming from out of state!

Hello! I was recently accepted off the waitlist, and I am wondering if someone is willing to share some housing information? I will be coming from out of state!

If you join the 2022 Facebook group page, there are many posts about available housing on there. I also recommend checking out dcomdo.com. Some companies to check out in the Harrogate area include Ball and T&K - both vouched as great apartments by fellow classmates.

Does DCOM call you if you're accepted off the list?

How long did they give you to put down a deposit?

Does DCOM call you if you're accepted off the list?

How long did they give you to put down a deposit?

Yeah. They call you. You have 24 hours to put down the deposit and then you have to get started on the background stuff.

Last edited:
Hello! Looking to apply here for this upcoming cycle. Does anyone know what the minimum mcat/gpa is? Do they screen before sending secondaries?

I TAKE EVERYTHING GOOD I SAID ABOUT THIS SCHOOL BACK. DO NOT ATTEND HERE IF POSSIBLE.

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING POSITIVE I SAID ABOUT THIS SCHOOL. ATTEND ANOTHER ONE IF POSSIBLE. HIGHLY CORRUPT