2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if we should be expecting more waitlist movement in the upcoming weeks?
It has been so quiet here lately but I know of a few people who've dropped since the last WL wave so hopefully we will see more acceptances soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from them regarding updates for waitlist movement, it's been so long!

I was accepted off the waitlist on Friday! Wish that I could give some sense that there is further movement - this was very unexpected.

Do any other incoming/current students have thoughts on the hybrid or totally virtual class schedules for the fall?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted off the waitlist on Friday! Wish that I could give some sense that there is further movement - this was very unexpected.

Do any other incoming/current students have thoughts on the hybrid or totally virtual class schedules for the fall?
Did you send in any recent updates/LOIs?

Did anyone receive any correspondence from Georgetown's admissions office after selecting the commit to enroll option on the AAMC portal? I committed to enroll a couple of weeks ago but never received any confirmation.

Did anyone receive any correspondence from Georgetown's admissions office after selecting the commit to enroll option on the AAMC portal? I committed to enroll a couple of weeks ago but never received any confirmation.
Nope. All I got was the confirmation email from AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Any news about WL movement or people dropping A's since the 6/15 CTE? I've noticed the fb group has grown by +20 members in the past week but it's only at 375 people compared to GUSOM's average class page size of 470-500 members.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys - i emailed them and I got this response:

"at this time, the class of 2024 does not have any open seats. We are unable to predict if there will be any changes or if there will be any additional waitlist movement prior to the start of the school year."

Looks like its done folks ):

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
For future applicants looking for WL information:
I interviewed in mid-November, was placed on the WL at the end of January, and sent in all 5 LOIs over the following months. I got the WL release email on 8/6.

• Sad
Is there a limit on the number of updates we can sent after being WL? I found a 2017 document that mentioned a limit of 5 (but I seem to also recall them mentioning a maximum of 10 updates) and that they prefer applicants who have submitted at least one letter of intent. I wonder if that limit still stands and if they will not view letters of interest as favourably 😟 Thanks!

Is there a limit on the number of updates we can sent after being WL? I found a 2017 document that mentioned a limit of 5 (but I seem to also recall them mentioning a maximum of 10 updates) and that they prefer applicants who have submitted at least one letter of intent. I wonder if that limit still stands and if they will not view letters of interest as favourably 😟 Thanks!
you posted this question in the wrong year bud

you posted this question in the wrong year bud
Yeah, I posted it in the 2020-2021 thread but no one responded :cryi:, so I was hoping maybe someone who went through the post-II WL process at Georgetown last cycle might have some insight. Thanks!