2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Praying I get that call from Dr. Dugan 🙏 I been answering every single spam call 😩
Me too, this is my dream school🤩🤩 Hopefully that email is a sign that WL movement will start soon! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
aagghhh thank you guys!!!! Wishing you all luck as well. I'm so nervous and excited at once, praying for all of us! <3

Reactions: 1 user
Wishing everyone best of luck too!
This is my only MD school I'm waitlisted to and I have no A's... it doesn't help that GT is a perfect fit for every single thing I was looking for and my dream school too!

I about died cause I thought I got rejected from that update email and every spam call kills me a little bit more inside. I am stress.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook group and if so how many people are in it?? How many people are usually admitted btw idk any of the stats

There is a fb group, there's around 260 people in it. But a lot of them are upper classmen

It's been a very quiet day lol. How are my fellow WLers holding up?

It's been a very quiet day lol. How are my fellow WLers holding up?
The Office Waiting GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I've been feeling the stress of 0 A's and the impending dread of the re-application process so out of curiosity I went back through and checked all the days that people on this thread were accepted.

Number of people accepted on each date/batch of acceptances:
Friday, 10/16: 3
Friday, 10/23: 3
Friday, 10/30: 1
Friday, 11/6: 2
Thursday, 11/19: 3
Tuesday, 12/8: 3
Friday, 12/18: 1
Monday, 1/11: 5
Friday, 1/22: 1
Friday, 2/5: 1
Monday, 2/22: 6
Sunday, 3/7: 4
Monday, 3/15: 1
Sunday, 3/21: 4
Monday, 4/12: 3
Friday: 4/23: 3

In total, out of the 16 days/batches that 44 people posted that they received their acceptances, this is the distribution of how many batches landed on each day of the week:
Mondays: 4 (15 people)
Tuesdays: 1 (3 people)
Wednesdays: 0
Thursdays: 1 (3 people)
Fridays: 8 (15 people)
Saturdays: 0
Sundays: 2 (8 people)

Of those acceptances, 6 posted later that they withdrew their acceptances and another 3 that hadn't posted when they had gotten their acceptances also withdrew at the end of April.

Posted waitlist to Acceptance Movement:
Interview: 9/29 → WL: 12/? → Acceptance: 2/22/21
Interview: 9/10 → WL: ?/? → Acceptance: 2/22/21
Interview: 9/09 → WL: 11/4 → Acceptance: 2/22/21
Interview: 10/22 --> WL: 1/22 --> Acceptance: 3/21/21
Interview: 9/24 --> WL: 12/? --> Acceptance: 3/21/21
Interview: 11/? --> WL: 2/? --> Acceptance: 4/23/21

It seems like Fridays are by far the most common days that they release acceptances overall, though the last few months it's been actually mostly Sundays and Mondays. It also appeared that movement from the waitlist to acceptance offers began mid-Feb and only included people who had interviewed earlier in the cycle. A lot of people mentioned that they had sent in LOI(s), but there were also a good number that had not.

What have I gleaned from all this? Not really anything, but it was cathartic while I did it. 😅

• Love
  • Care
I've been feeling the stress of 0 A's and the impending dread of the re-application process so out of curiosity I went back through and checked all the days that people on this thread were accepted.

In total, out of the 16 days/batches that 44 people posted that they received their acceptances, this is the distribution of how many batches landed on each day of the week:

Of those acceptances, 6 posted later that they withdrew their acceptances and another 3 that hadn't posted when they had gotten their acceptances also withdrew at the end of April.

It seems like Fridays are by far the most common days that they release acceptances overall, though the last few months it's been actually mostly Sundays and Mondays. It also appeared that movement from the waitlist to acceptance offers began mid-Feb and only included people who had interviewed earlier in the cycle. A lot of people mentioned that they had sent in LOI(s), but there were also a good number that had not.

What have I gleaned from all this? Not really anything, but it was cathartic while I did it. 😅
Lol thank you so much for taking the time to go through this. At least now we all don't have to keep rereading past posts in this thread to figure when people got A, etc etc

Sorry guys I'm about to ask a really neurotic question, but I was WL'd at Georgetown at the end of January (I believe Jan 22), and then I sent a letter of intent + update in mid-Feb, mid-March, and May 1st. I also sent an update pre-interview.
My question is, will the school look down on the fact that I didn't submit a LOI in April? Frankly, it was just a terrible month for me. I had a death in the family and was feeling very depressed and had no motivation, but I didn't mention any of this in the letter I sent on May 1st.
Would love some advice, and I'm sorry again for the neurotic question.

Sorry guys I'm about to ask a really neurotic question, but I was WL'd at Georgetown at the end of January (I believe Jan 22), and then I sent a letter of intent + update in mid-Feb, mid-March, and May 1st. I also sent an update pre-interview.
My question is, will the school look down on the fact that I didn't submit a LOI in April? Frankly, it was just a terrible month for me. I had a death in the family and was feeling very depressed and had no motivation, but I didn't mention any of this in the letter I sent on May 1st.
Would love some advice, and I'm sorry again for the neurotic question.
lmao probably no.

Members don't see this ad :)

I see my dates on there so I’ll clarify. I was interviewed 11/13, waitlisted 2/23, and called 4/23 at about 4:15 PM CDT.
Someone posted a question about not writing a letter of intent, and I don’t think that should matter as long as you keep showing them interest.

I see my dates on there so I’ll clarify. I was interviewed 11/13, waitlisted 2/23, and called 4/23 at about 4:15 PM CDT
I’m sorry, you may have a already been asked this earlier, but I don’t want to go back and look for it 🙈 can I ask how many letters of intent/interest or updates you sent?

I’m sorry, you may have a already been asked this earlier, but I don’t want to go back and look for it 🙈 can I ask how many letters of intent/interest or updates you sent?
I sent 2 letters of intent and 1 letter of interest. I knew pretty early on in this process I wanted go to there. I sent the letter of interest and one LOI pre waitlist and one LOI while on the waitlist

Fingers crossed this means that we are going to be having a verrrry good Sunday!

• Care
do they update the portal after calling people who were accepted off the waitlist or is it updated right before? (under communication status or another tab if it were to appear)

Last year it was on Mother’s Day too if I’m not mistaken.
Yes it was Mother's Day last year when there was an A wave!! Also seems like calls went out around 5-6 est if anyone cares about the neurotic details lol

Yes it was Mother's Day last year when there was an A wave!! Also seems like calls went out around 5-6 est if anyone cares about the neurotic details lol
LOL was just looking up the times. Thanks friend.

do they update the portal after calling people who were accepted off the waitlist or is it updated right before? (under communication status or another tab if it were to appear)
It took 3 days for the portal to be updated

Nothing here either, was hoping we would hear back something this weekend :(

• Care
How many people are usually on the WL? And what’s the % of the WL that usually gets accepted?

I’m shaking and sobbing in a hospital bathroom right now. I just got the call. It’s my first and only acceptance and it’s the perfect fit for me. I feel like I can’t breathe.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
I’m shaking and sobbing in a hospital bathroom right now. I just got the call. It’s my first and only acceptance and it’s the perfect fit for me. I feel like I can’t breathe.
I'm so happy for you. congratulations. <3

• Love
Congratulations!!! That’s so amazing! Soak it all in, you deserve it!

• Love
Me refreshing this page every 10 seconds
sweating key and peele GIF

YES welcome to the Hoya family!!

• Love