2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CAN'T BELIEVE I'M POSTING THIS BUT +1!!!!!!!!!!!! Best day ever. Been waiting for this one for what feels like forever!!!
IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

Members don't see this ad.

JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! I almost screamed "holy f***" at Dr. Dugan because I am still in disbelief. I genuinely did not think I'd get off the WL for my dream school this late but HERE WE ARE :)
WOW CONGRATS FRIEND; this is huge, so happy for you! would you mind sharing your timeline (and when you submitted your letters of interest/intent, and how many you sent)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT THE CALL TODAY!! , best of luck to everyone out there!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call yesterday as well! Can't believe it

Reactions: 1 users
Current SMP student with a 3.92 GPA, awarded 5k merit scholarship for SMP, 3.45 uGPA, very good ECs, 4-year division I athlete, 515 MCAT, great interview (interviewer ended with "Gtown would be lucky to have you") aaannndddd nothing. I just wanted to provide a sobering example of how sometimes it just doesn't work out for reasons beyond our grasp. Congratulations to all y'all that got accepted! I'm genuinely happy for you guys! Best of luck :)
put your money where your mouth is my friend, $10 says i beat you on tomorrows exam

• Sad
for those who got off the WL recently, how long after the acceptance can we expect the financial aid package?

I wonder if there will still be a little more movement before CTE or if its over. :cryi:

• Sad
hey y'all any WL movement recently? One day before the CTE deadline, and I've been sitting on the edge of my seat, excited at every phone call with the prospect of it being from Georgetown.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
hey y'all any WL movement recently? One day before the CTE deadline, and I've been sitting on the edge of my seat, excited at every phone call with the prospect of it being from Georgetown.
same!! i got a call this morning thinking omg what if this is it only to find out it was a spam call from a dealership company 😭 do you think there will be any movement after the CTE date?!

• Care
A quick update for those in my position: I called the office this week to see if there would be any movement post-CTE deadline and the office said the class was full and that everyone had committed. They do not foresee much movement anymore, but will keep the list open until class starts.

This has truly been a grueling process and it hurts to have a school you love so much (6 letters of intent later) not have love for you back! But everything happens for a reason - and what is meant to be will be. There is truly no other way to get through this process! I wish everyone the best of luck and hope everyone's dreams come true. <3

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I got an II for the 2021-22 cycle, and I was wondering if I would be able to talk to anyone about what the virtual interview is like. Thanks!