2019-2020 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get a response from the admissions office when you sent an email accepting their offer letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any OOS students who got an interview?

Are there any OOS students who got an interview?
I am curious about this myself. I have lived in Louisiana the past year, but I am a current OOS applicant and have not heard anything.

I am curious about this myself. I have lived in Louisiana the past year, but I am a current OOS applicant and have not heard anything.
My home is about 45 min away in Arkansas. So I will be applying OOS, but it's the closest medschool to my home.

Last time I called and asked the admissions, they said that they haven't given out any OOS interviews yet

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
I haven't heard anything either so that makes me feel better. Thanks!

So I interviewed back in early November, but haven't heard back. I've seen people interview and get accepted/wait-listed one week later. What's the general turnaround time?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I interviewed back in early November, but haven't heard back. I've seen people interview and get accepted/wait-listed one week later. What's the general turnaround time?
There was a big acceptance wave of mail sent out on 12/20. I interviewed in November and my friend interviewed in October and we both were accepted

maybe you should try calling? Otherwise I’m not sure what the hold up is for you :(

SUPER happy I have an interview here but it isn’t until March; am I pretty much guaranteed a waitlist at best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They meet every other Thursday to decide if people are a yes, no, or maybe. And they usually send out letters to everyone who was interviewed after that. I would call Mrs Sonya and see what your status is.

SUPER happy I have an interview here but it isn’t until March; am I pretty much guaranteed a waitlist at best?

Me too, but literally the last day on the 31st.. whateeever

They meet every other Thursday to decide if people are a yes, no, or maybe. And they usually send out letters to everyone who was interviewed after that. I would call Mrs Sonya and see what your status is.
Is their a certain day/time that they prefer calls?

Is their a certain day/time that they prefer calls?
I know for sure that they will be meeting on the 30th, because Dr. Kennedy told us that during my interview. He said that after they meet they'll send everyone a letter that says yes, no, or waitlisted.

I've been placed on the "Acceptable List" has anyone else received this? Does it mean I've been waitlisted?

I've been placed on the "Acceptable List" has anyone else received this? Does it mean I've been waitlisted?
Yes, that’s their version of the wait list. Basically you’ve been deemed worthy of acceptance but they want to compare you with the next round of applicants. So when did you receive the notification that you were waitlisted?

The vast majority of students who are accepted receive it. Everyone I know (Including myself) who have been accepted to this school has been placed on the waitlist. I was on the waitlist for roughly 6 weeks and was accepted on 12/20 during that big acceptance wave. I'm confident your acceptance is coming too. Now is the time that really sucks because you can't do anything except wait, but it is so worth it when you receive that letter in the mail! Good luck!

Yes, that’s their version of the wait list. Basically you’ve been deemed worthy of acceptance but they want to compare you with the next round of applicants. So when did you receive the notification that you were waitlisted?

I interviewed 1/7 and the letter was post marked 1/17.

I just got my letter that I'm on the acceptable list.

I just got a call with an II! I thought it was strange that they called because I was expecting an email, but I'm just excited I got one!
When did you submit your secondary and are you an out of state or in state applicant?

I just got a call with an II! I thought it was strange that they called because I was expecting an email, but I'm just excited I got one!

Also got a call with II last night around 5:30 pm! Any advice for interview day?

Reactions: 2 users
Also got a call with II last night around 5:30 pm! Any advice for interview day?
Bring comfortable shoes! It’s a lot of walking, and be sure to get there early because the building is confusing. Just be comfortable and yourself! Honestly, you’re home free! Interviewing is the easy part. The roughest part of the day was the pain my feet were in hahahahaha so i repeat bring comfortable shoes!! Also, don’t be worried if you get WL aka “Acceptable list”. I was placed on it two weeks after my interview, and I got in 6 weeks later! Good luck!! You’ve got this!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Very relaxed interview day. I second going early because some of the doors into the building are locked for some reason and it took me a bit to find the entrance.

2 faculty interviews and 1 with kennedy and/or arnold. All were pretty relaxed in my opinion. Just frequent this thread and do some normal prep and you should be good! Very nice school with an even nicer staff

Reactions: 1 users
Bring comfortable shoes! It’s a lot of walking, and be sure to get there early because the building is confusing. Just be comfortable and yourself! Honestly, you’re home free! Interviewing is the easy part. The roughest part of the day was the pain my feet were in hahahahaha so i repeat bring comfortable shoes!! Also, don’t be worried if you get WL aka “Acceptable list”. I was placed on it two weeks after my interview, and I got in 6 weeks later! Good luck!! You’ve got this!! :)

Thanks so much! What do you mean "Home free"? I don't wanna get too confident here!

Thanks so much! What do you mean "Home free"? I don't wanna get too confident here!
Hahahaha by home free i mean the acceptance! I completely understand not being too confident, but LSU Shreveport doesnt give out many interviews. They give out roughly 300 for 150 spots. People will accept/reject them, so they probably accept closer to 200-250 people to fill a class of 150. So statistically, odds are in your favor. Just remember that you got the interview which means that no matter what is in your application, they think you're qualified enough to be there! The interview is just to see your personality and how you would fit in with other students and faculty. Good luck! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out!

Anyone know if tomorrow is the committee meeting?

Hahahaha by home free i mean the acceptance! I completely understand not being too confident, but LSU Shreveport doesnt give out many interviews. They give out roughly 300 for 150 spots. People will accept/reject them, so they probably accept closer to 200-250 people to fill a class of 150. So statistically, odds are in your favor. Just remember that you got the interview which means that no matter what is in your application, they think you're qualified enough to be there! The interview is just to see your personality and how you would fit in with other students and faculty. Good luck! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out!

Thank you so much! This was the pep talk of the century! :)

Is there any Out-of-State applicant here who has received an II. Completed mid September and its been silent. Also does LSU shreveport does silent rejection?

Reactions: 2 users
So here’s a question if the next admission meeting comes up and your status doesn’t change will they send you out another letter saying your status has not changed or do they only send out a letter to say it has?!

I don’t think they would send out a letter saying our status hasn’t changed, but I’m not sure. They are meeting today, so I hope if they do accept us that they’ll call and not make us wait for a letter.