2019-2020 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idk if this applies to everyone but I know that they met last week and they emailed my decision letter on Thursday. Informed delivery says that I am getting something from them today.
So they emailed you that you were accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope I called today asking if the committee had met yet and she told me that they mailed out my decision on Thursday. She didn't give away anything on the call but got the letter today and am accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Got in off the WL - good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When were y’all put on the WL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t put on waitlist I got the acceptance straight from the acceptable list. And it did not show up in my AMCAS today

Reactions: 1 user
I wasn’t put on waitlist I got the acceptance straight from the acceptable list. And it did not show up in my AMCAS today
I believe the acceptable list is the same as the wait-list. Nevertheless, congrats! I've been on the acceptable list since November...

Reactions: 2 users
I believe the acceptable list is the same as the wait-list. Nevertheless, congrats! I've been on the acceptable list since November...

oh makes sense! I thought acceptable list was like being “on hold” at other schools and waitlist comes after that if that makes sense. Anyway I hope you hear soon!

Are there any OOS who got accepted in this thread? I went through the thread and didn't see any OOS acceptances.

Y’all mind sharing stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received email that committee met, spots are full, and WL is ranked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got the letter yesterday and it showed up in AMCAS today. For those of you who want to know timeline

Reactions: 1 users
Was your “Choose My Medical School” tool available on AMCAS before you received the letter?
Mine was available the same day I got the letter, might have been up earlier but I gave myself a break from refreshing it everyday lately.

Anyone know how much movement there generally is on the WL? How long it is? Etc?

Is anyone on here that got accepted planning on attending elsewhere if accepted there?

Anyone know how much movement there generally is on the WL? How long it is? Etc?

I think I remember reading on the MSAR website that the waitlist normally has ~40 people on it and on average 30 are accepted.

I think I remember reading on the MSAR website that the waitlist normally has ~40 people on it and on average 30 are accepted.

This is the waitlist you’re referring to and not the acceptable list?

I've asked a current student about this and she said that number is entirely false

She told me if you interview, you had a decent shot at an acceptance. However, I asked her this when i interviewed in November. So, I'm not sure how applicable this is now

If you get accepted do we expect an acceptance packet in the mail soon afterwards?

Acceptable list = waitlist. They’re just trying to be fancy with it.

They’ve referred to it as different things; initially referred to it as AL but recent email said WL.
I guess once they fill the class they go to WL

I withdrew my acceptance to Shreveport! today! Good luck to everyone still WL'd hang in there :)

Reactions: 6 users
Committed to Shreveport today on AMCAS - hope to meet you all in Shreveport in July!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I don’t think they are having any more meetings. People on the waitlist are basically a number now, when spots open up, then call the next person on the list. The committee met one last time to give all of us our number.

I don’t think they are having any more meetings. People on the waitlist are basically a number now, when spots open up, then call the next person on the list. The committee met one last time to give all of us our number.

I wish they'd tell us our number!

Anyone know around when they will start pulling from the WL?

Anyone know around when they will start pulling from the WL?

It all depends on when other people who are currently holding an acceptance decide to go somewhere else. Unfortunately, there is no specific time, it happens one by one as people withdraw their acceptances. It all depends on if people stay/go.

It all depends on when other people who are currently holding an acceptance decide to go somewhere else. Unfortunately, there is no specific time, it happens one by one as people withdraw their acceptances. It all depends on if people stay/go.

Right; I’m more or less alluding to this small wave of acceptances that went out with NO in the past week; several have withdrawn acceptances but no one here has been called; certainly possible people have been called and just don’t use SDN.

Right; I’m more or less alluding to this small wave of acceptances that went out with NO in the past week; several have withdrawn acceptances but no one here has been called; certainly possible people have been called and just don’t use SDN.

I heard of two people getting acceptance calls last week who knew my brother but I haven't heard of anything else.

How long after acceptance do we get instructions for setting up our email and viewing financial aid documents? I'm trying to plan and budget but the website is sort of all over the place.

How long after acceptance do we get instructions for setting up our email and viewing financial aid documents? I'm trying to plan and budget but the website is sort of all over the place.
I haven’t gotten any financial aid documents yet but for setting up the email I’m sure you’ll get that soon

Anyone else hoping to come off the WL after tbe Commit to Enroll date? I'm really hoping I do.

I thought CTE was July 5 but also the school never really mentioned anything about CTE to accepted students

Here's a list of all school's CTE dates for the 2019-2020 cycle:

I'm hoping after 7/5, Shreveport will take me off their WL.

The school's website says the CTE date is July 8th

Are you looking at the 2020-2021 cycle?
I think they updated the webpage for the next cycle already. Do you have a link for the 2019-2020 cycle timeline? I can't find it. Here's from their website: