2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After I interviewed I sent an update about a new job and that a paper I am authored on was accepted for publication. It was officially published, should I write a small note and give them the link as another update? I’m a March update, feb int.

Members don't see this ad.

After I interviewed I sent an update about a new job and that a paper I am authored on was accepted for publication. It was officially published, should I write a small note and give them the link as another update? I’m a March update, feb int.
I'd say probably not bc you already told them it was accepted for publication. But it definitely can't hurt

Reactions: 1 user
just got the "April update" e-mail that says "This email comes to inform you that the Committee on Admissions was very favorably impressed with your application, and delighted that we had the opportunity to meet you. At this time, however, we are not able to provide you with a final decision; we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks."

WTF DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?! I AM DYING TO GO HERE

interviewed 4/13 OOS

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the "April Update" too! Interviewed 3/5 OOS. Kinda disheartened that I haven't gotten a conclusive decision yet but I love this school a LOT so it's definitely worth the wait :)

Last edited:
just got the "April update" e-mail that says "This email comes to inform you that the Committee on Admissions was very favorably impressed with your application, and delighted that we had the opportunity to meet you. At this time, however, we are not able to provide you with a final decision; we hope to have a more definitive answer for you in a few weeks."

WTF DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?! I AM DYING TO GO HERE

interviewed 4/13 OOS
Sounds like they probably want to see how their class size stands on May 1st and go from there.

Just got the post interview R. Interviewed 4/5 OOS
Good luck y'all

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone heard any news today? I interviewed back in October and the last news I received was the March update saying I would hear by end of April...

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard any news today? I interviewed back in October and the last news I received was the March update saying I would hear by end of April...
silence for me :( interviewed early in december and have been checking my email all day, just want some news already!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do we have to select “commit to enroll” today or can we just select “plan to enroll”?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have to select “commit to enroll” today or can we just select “plan to enroll”?
If you have multiple acceptances, today you need to narrow them down to one and contact each of the other schools directly to withdraw.

CTE opened today; it is not the deadline for CTE. Einstein (and each school) has their own CTE deadline. Once you do CTE, you must withdraw from any waitlist spots directly as well.

Anyone receive an email from financial aid office regarding the IMSMP Equality Empowerment Fund?

Praying that some A's/still interested emails go out tmrw or something this week! 🙏

• Care
Update: Just received a "still interested" email :)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Got a still interested! Does history say this a good thing to receive at this point?

What does the still interested email say? I am still in silence post march-update

Reactions: 2 users
Email subject was "Rolling Admissions Follow-Up April 30". Received "Rolling Admissions" a few weeks prior.

Edit: Full text

Dear 2.9GPA,

Thank you for having accepted a place on our wait list. Now that April 30 has past, and students who were holding multiple places have been asked to narrow their choice to one school, we are emailing you to see if you remain interested in joining us at Einstein, should a place come open? If you have already been accepted to your first choice school, we sincerely congratulate you, and ask that you let us know that you wish to be withdrawn from further consideration by emailing X.

If Einstein remains your top choice, please email me, directly, by Friday, May 14. If you wish to withdraw, we will be sorry to lose you but we want you to select the school that is the best fit for you.

If you are admitted, you will have 5 days to make your decision, and to remit your non-refundable deposit. During that time, we will send you a series of "Chats with the Deans" videos, and you will be invited to a live "Chat" with the Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education, Dr. Joshua Nosanchuk, as well as a live "Chat" with a panel of Einstein students.

I look forward to hearing from you; you have our best wishes for all future success.

Thank you,
Dean Kerrigan

Noreen Kerrigan, M.P.A.
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York l046l

Based on the email subject it looks like regular WL people shouldn’t expect anything from this round of emails

Anyone else really bummed that we’ll probably have to wait 2 weeks before hearing anything new

Tbh I would’ve rather gotten a post interview R than staying on the regular WL, given how little we know about what our chances are

I'm wondering if it's even worth staying on the regular WL at this point. I really liked Einstein, but probably wouldn't attend over my current A unless it was cheaper. Seems unlikely that we would get financial aid info in 5 days though.

I'm wondering if it's even worth staying on the regular WL at this point. I really liked Einstein, but probably wouldn't attend over my current A unless it was cheaper. Seems unlikely that we would get financial aid info in 5 days though.
It doesn't hurt to stay on it, in my opinion, unless you're happy with your current options. It definitely seems like the odds are slim for regular WL folks though, but there does seem to be a bit more movement this year so anything is possible.

has anyone reached out post march update to see what their decision timeline is looking like?

Any other April interviewees here who have yet to have received any post-II correspondence?

has anyone reached out post march update to see what their decision timeline is looking like?
I think someone else in this thread tried and got a non-reply that was like "when a decision is made we will let you know" basically.

I think someone else in this thread tried and got a non-reply that was like "when a decision is made we will let you know" basically.

That was me lol. I wrote them post-interview (did not receive March update), but I imagine the response would be the same.

Does anyone have any insight into how the MSTP waitlist works? I haven't received any emails besides confirmations for periodic updates I've sent

Does anyone know if we still qualify for merit scholarships if we’re on the hpwl?