2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who knows, honestly. This school seems to have invented their own admissions process.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Does anyone know whether or not they accept additional LoRs or additional letters of support? I did a summer program at Einstein and my former PI from there is pretty well known and well respected (head of the COVID19 planning board, long history at the institution, part of the MD PhD admissions panel, etc.) and I was thinking of asking him to reach out on my behalf.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you did a program with him last summer, why didn't you get an LOR earlier? Way too late now

If you did a program with him last summer, why didn't you get an LOR earlier? Way too late now
I did - he's one of my letter writers. Just wondering if it would be weird to ask him to see if he could reach out on my behalf

It could actually misfire. It happens a lot with undergrad admissions and I don’t think it would be too different here.

Reactions: 4 users
I got the HPWL/Rolling Admission email this week on Wednesday evening (interviewed 4/12), but I have been absolutely unable to access the Einstein waitlist site they linked to check the box to keep me on the list. I emailed them on Thursday afternoon about it after sending my LOI in case it was just a fluke from high traffic or something but haven't heard back yet and am getting anxious going into the weekend that I won't hear by back Monday, the last day to respond. Anyone else having this issue or suggestions? I've tried Chrome (regular and incognito), Firefox, IE, ME, three computers and multiple wifi networks.

I did get a response like 20 minutes later that my application had been updated, assuming with the LOI, so kind peeved that no one has responded to my email about the website. Worth calling them this afternoon? Just don't want to wait over the weekend and then have some issue on Monday to KO me from the list.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the HPWL/Rolling Admission email this week on Wednesday evening (interviewed 4/12), but I have been absolutely unable to access the Einstein waitlist site they linked to check the box to keep me on the list. I emailed them on Thursday afternoon about it after sending my LOI in case it was just a fluke from high traffic or something but haven't heard back yet and am getting anxious going into the weekend that I won't hear by back Monday, the last day to respond. Anyone else having this issue or suggestions? I've tried Chrome (regular and incognito), Firefox, IE, ME, three computers and multiple wifi networks.

I did get a response like 20 minutes later that my application had been updated, assuming with the LOI, so kind peeved that no one has responded to my email about the website. Worth calling them this afternoon? Just don't want to wait over the weekend and then have some issue on Monday to KO me from the list.
I would definitely call them.

Who knows, honestly. This school seems to have invented their own admissions process.
Had a bit of extra time on my hands, and took a look through this year and last year’s AECOM thread to see if I could decipher their process. Here’s my best understanding:

Rolling Admissions = HPWL. If followed by a “still interested” email, good chance of translating to an A

Wait-list: Regular WL. Unfortunately rarely if ever translates to an A

[Month] Update: Deferral. File was discussed but no decision was rendered. Will later be followed by one of the two emails above or an R

Silence: File not yet discussed. Not a silent R, one of the above or an explicit R will eventually be received

All A’s at this stage of the cycle seem to go to people who received the HPWL email. Most of those people had received the still interested email beforehand

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Had a bit of extra time on my hands, and took a look through this year and last year’s AECOM thread to see if I could decipher their process. Here’s my best understanding:

Rolling Admissions = HPWL. If followed by a “still interested” email, good chance of translating to an A

Wait-list: Regular WL. Unfortunately rarely if ever translates to an A

[Month] Update: Deferral. File was discussed but no decision was rendered. Will later be followed by one of the two emails above or an R

Silence: File not yet discussed. Not a silent R, one of the above or an explicit R will eventually be received

All A’s at this stage of the cycle seem to go to people who received the HPWL email. Most of those people had received the still interested email beforehand
If you look beyond last year, to 2018 and even 2017, there' a lot of movement from the regular WL later on.

• Wow
Any news today? Been anxious all morning lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else with an April interview who still hasn’t heard anything post-interview?

I looked through last year’s thread and there was a huge A wave on 5/11 starting at like 7am. Been refreshing my email every 5 mins:( seems like we have more waiting to do :/

I looked through last year’s thread and there was a huge A wave on 5/11 starting at like 7am. Been refreshing my email every 5 mins:( seems like we have more waiting to do :/
My impression from the past few years' threads and this year's is that Mondays are a big day, and May 11th was a Monday last year. Obviously there are other days that popped up, but it seemed like the waves tended to be Mondays and the more individual ones on any weekday. I'm trying to keep my expectations low until Mondays, so I can slowly get more and more stressed throughout the weekend but not be stressed throughout the week. Can barely focus on work these days...

My employer has offered on numerous occasions to send a letter of support. I didnt start working here until Nov, which is why it wasn't an official LOR. is this allowed and could it help?

My impression from the past few years' threads and this year's is that Mondays are a big day, and May 11th was a Monday last year. Obviously there are other days that popped up, but it seemed like the waves tended to be Mondays and the more individual ones on any weekday. I'm trying to keep my expectations low until Mondays, so I can slowly get more and more stressed throughout the weekend but not be stressed throughout the week. Can barely focus on work these days...
So that means we should've heard something yesterday :( Hopefully next Monday🤞

and same can't focus on work at all :(

I think next Monday makes a lot of sense considering the HPWL people were given until this Friday to respond with their interest.

Reactions: 2 users
I think next Monday makes a lot of sense considering the HPWL people were given until this Friday to respond with their interest.
I think so too. Either next Monday or this Friday. Sigh, another weekend of stress I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the rolling admissions/HPWL email last Wednesday, so had to respond by yesterday (Monday). Thus, wasn't expecting to hear any news this week as it sounds like they sent out a lot of HPWL/WL/update emails last Wednesday. Makes sense that they're preparing themselves for the next wave so hopefully we start seeing more movement next week.

Anyone else not hear back since the March update? Don't know what to expect

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know if this A wave was people on HPWL or late interviewees?

Can somebody please explain to me what the difference is between the regular "WL" and the "HPWL"? I interviewed in Feb and received the "Rolling Admissions" email a few weeks ago. I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Can somebody please explain to me what the difference is between the regular "WL" and the "HPWL"? I interviewed in Feb and received the "Rolling Admissions" email a few weeks ago. I appreciate the help. Thank you.
Rolling admissions email = HPWL. WL email = regular WL
Usually acceptances are only made off of rolling/HPWL, not regular WL

Do you know if this A wave was people on HPWL or late interviewees?
Last year’s thread seemed to suggest it was all people who received the HPWL email first, but it’s possible late interviewees were included and didn’t report their As

Is it a bad sign if you are an April interviewee and have received no correspondence from Einstein? Have not received still interested email or any of the monthly update emails... And very concerned

Is it a bad sign if you are an April interviewee and have received no correspondence from Einstein? Have not received still interested email or any of the monthly update emails... And very concerned
I am in this boat too, and I think there are two possible things that this means:

1. Chance of a straight A w/o being added to the HPWL/WL. Which would be incredible, but I haven’t found any prior posts that strongly suggest this

2. We just haven’t been discussed yet and no decision has been made on us

Hoping for #1 but expecting #2

I am in this boat too, and I think there are two possible things that this means:

1. Chance of a straight A w/o being added to the HPWL/WL. Which would be incredible, but I haven’t found any prior posts that strongly suggest this

Bruh I’m expecting a R lol

• Haha
  • Care

same -from the earlier in the thread someone who interviewed 4/20 got the May Update email so I'm thinking those who haven't heard yet will probably get a more decisive answer soon (A, HPWL, WL)

Can any student from Albert Einstein speak about the housing a little more? When is the earliest first-years can move in? Since the living room is transformed into a bedroom, do you have a door and privacy? Can you get 1bd for one individual if you are willing to pay more? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
same -from the earlier in the thread someone who interviewed 4/20 got the May Update email so I'm thinking those who haven't heard yet will probably get a more decisive answer soon (A, HPWL, WL)
Would they do straight A’s at this point though?

Can any student from Albert Einstein speak about the housing a little more? When is the earliest first-years can move in? Since the living room is transformed into a bedroom, do you have a door and privacy? Can you get 1bd for one individual if you are willing to pay more? Thanks in advance!
Hi MS1 here! I get this question a lot, lol

For my year (2020), I was able to move in right at the start of August.

The housing is insane, I think it's one of our strongest points. Ignore the weird wording on the housing website about living room conversion; All the rooms are normal rooms you would expect in an apartment (total privacy), but really quite big. MSTPs and people will significant others will automatically get a studio. Otherwise you can opt to be on a waitlist for one and generally come off quite quickly.

I pay only around ~$450 per student for the biggest room I've had in my life (unheard of in NYC). This, however, is subsidized by the school.

The housing is insane, I think it's one of our strongest points. Ignore the weird wording on the housing website about living room conversion; All the rooms are normal rooms you would expect in an apartment (total privacy), but really quite big. MSTPs and people will significant others will automatically get a studio. Otherwise you can opt to be on a waitlist for one and generally come off quite quickly.

I pay only around ~$450 per student for the biggest room I've had in my life (unheard of in NYC). This, however, is subsidized by the school.
How is the noise isolation between the rooms? If I'm having a conversation (normal volume), could my roommate hear what I'm saying?

For those who have significant others, do they need to be married?

Can you get a one bedroom?
Are you referring to the studios or the "one bedroom" apartments? It looks like the "one bedroom" apartments really have two bedrooms for two people. They really need to fix that naming convention lol. If you're referring to the studios, I think first-years that aren't married or in a domestic partnership get the lowest priority.

Last edited:

What do people usually do for a living room space?