2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else still waiting for secondary? verified 7/25

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it took like two weeks for it to come and I was verified first week of June if that’s any context for the time frame

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else having trouble opening the school's website?

Yeah current student here, all our sites seem to be down right now, we got hit hard here in the Bronx by the tropical storm Isaias this afternoon with lots of trees down and stuff and I think that might be why

Submitted primary 7/26 still no secondary... What're they waiting for lol

Submitted primary 7/26 still no secondary... What're they waiting for lol
If you submitted your primary 7/26, then it’s not going to be verified until the end of the month or September. You won’t get a secondary until then.

If you submitted your primary 7/26, then it’s not going to be verified until the end of the month or September. You won’t get a secondary until then.
No, I meant to say I submitted my primary to Einstein then lol. I was verified back on 6/12.

No, I meant to say I submitted my primary to Einstein then lol. I was verified back on 6/12.
if it helps - my primary got verified and sent to all my schools (including Einstein) on 7/22. I didn't receive Einstein's secondary until this past Monday (8/3)

Update: apparently it's not just our websites, the whole campus internet system got taken out by the storm yesterday, no word on when it will be back up because there are outages all over NYC, just a heads up if anyone is trying to reach admissions today

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Can someone clarify what their letters of recommendation requirements are? I can't find a working link on their website, Google, or MSAR.

Can someone clarify what their letters of recommendation requirements are? I can't find a working link on their website, Google, or MSAR.
I believe it is:
- Committee Letter
- Letter Packet
- 3 individual letters (2 must be from science faculty (one of which from your major if you are a science major), one non-science); you can submit up to 5 letters

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I recently called about my secondary app and she was so condescending and very unhelpful.
I called for something a couple weeks ago and spoke to the most helpful and kind person! I’m sorry you had a bad experience

Hi all. For the "transferred schools" essay, I'm guessing I don't need to write it if I did dual enrollment, right? As in, I'm assuming they don't count dual enrollment > university as "transferring schools?"

Hi all. For the "transferred schools" essay, I'm guessing I don't need to write it if I did dual enrollment, right? As in, I'm assuming they don't count dual enrollment > university as "transferring schools?"

Correct

Gonna take them like at least another week to get back to you. Not a reason to be sad.

This! Took like 10 days for me to get the 2*. Don’t stress, work on your other secondaries in the meantime!

Submitted my secondary 7/29.

Just got an e-mail saying "When all of your documentation has been received, you will receive another email from us with EINSTEIN - Application Complete on the subject line. This process usually takes at least 6 WEEKS from the time your Supplemental application is submitted."

I wouldn't be very concerned about the timing of this school.

Yet, in their secondary they mention how 50% of apps are complete by end of July and to submit ASAP

Submitted my application on 7/21 and just got an email saying “secondary application submitted” lol

This! Took like 10 days for me to get the 2*. Don’t stress, work on your other secondaries in the meantime!
Thank you guys! This is actually my last one. I didn't realize they take time to send 2nd.

Does anyone know if I need to submit a Letter of Good Standing if I took post-bacc classes but am no longer taking them?

For the ethnic ID per AMCAS question, did y'all put "Not Hispanic, Latino or of Spanish origin" or the country you're originally from (eg Greek, Serbian, Russian, etc)?

I just clicked white on AMCAS but my printed app says "race: white, ethnicity: not Hispanic..."

For the ethnic ID per AMCAS question, did y'all put "Not Hispanic, Latino or of Spanish origin" or the country you're originally from (eg Greek, Serbian, Russian, etc)?

I just clicked white on AMCAS but my printed app says "race: white, ethnicity: not Hispanic..."

It asked for it specifically as found on your AMCAS so I put "not hispanic"

Does anyone know if we have to explain Incomplete grades if they do not appear on our final transcript? As in I received a temporary Incomplete, but it as converted into a final letter grade.

If you were employed during the academic year, other than during winter and summer breaks, please write the number of hours you worked per week, and tell us what you did and why you were employed.

They give 3000 characters for this. The question itself is very straightforward. So I'm wondering if I should include any reflection on the employment, or just give a to-the-point description of my employment? (which would take 100 words at most)

Thoughts?

They give 3000 characters for this. The question itself is very straightforward. So I'm wondering if I should include any reflection on the employment, or just give a to-the-point description of my employment? (which would take 100 words at most)

Thoughts?

The "why" you were employed is kind of a reflection but I wouldn't go overboard with it unless you had a really compelling reason beyond just making "fun" money. Maybe 4-5 sentences at most.

Submitted 8/14, got complete email today (8/23).

And also @hebrewhomie - did you get a separate email saying your application and photo were received before this? I submitted 7/30 and got an email saying "supplemental application and photo received" on 8/12, but I haven't gotten any emails saying the application itself is complete. Now I'm wondering if that's something I should contact them about?

EDIT: Never mind! I just re-read their email and they said they'd send another email with "application complete" once they finish their preliminary review :sorry: 3 AM reading comprehension...

Reactions: 2 users
for the "40 credit hours of humanities and social sciences" requirement, would this just be every course NOT in the BCPM category, ie. the AO category on AMCAS?

anyone send more than five letters then clairfy which five they want to be reviewed in the secondary?

I'm still waiting for them to confirm my secondary is complete... :rofl: Submitted 7/30, they emailed saying it was received 8/12

for the knowledge competency, are they saying you should have at least 40 credit hours of advanced math/science OR 40 credit hours of humanities/social science?

for the "40 credit hours of humanities and social sciences" requirement, would this just be every course NOT in the BCPM category, ie. the AO category on AMCAS?
For this, doesn’t the knowledge competency say 40 credits advanced science / biology OR due to covid, 40 credits humanities / social sciences? Or am I reading it wrong?