2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a students FB page or whatsapp group I can join for students starting LECOM-B in 2021.

Members don't see this ad :)
Per USPS informed delivery my letter is coming today! Info session 10/16.

Reactions: 1 user
I just declined my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance here as well, I hope you all have some movement soon :)

Reactions: 2 users
Another withdrawn acceptance here - keep the faith, folks!

Has anybody received a call from them trying to get you to do their masters program? 😤

Info session 11/20 and my folder still has the red “x” next to all of the requirements. Anyone else not have them change over to received yet? I know someone said they think they pull them over when they review your video but I just want to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Info session on 10/23 and haven't seen a portal update yet. Anyone from 10/23 in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
Sent an update last night and this morning got the post secondary R from the master's program people. C'est la vie.

Oh my sweet lord..I just butchered this Bradenton interview so badly. I literally spoke incoherent sentences fml. Pray for me my dudes

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Portal updated today saying a decision has been made! Info session 10/23, hopefully will know by Christmas!

Sent an update last night and this morning got the post secondary R from the master's program people. C'est la vie.
Did you apply to their masters program? I didn’t, but I got a call asking if I’m interested in the masters of biomedical ethics??? I didn’t understand.... or is this how they reject you lol?

Did you apply to their masters program? I didn’t, but I got a call asking if I’m interested in the masters of biomedical ethics??? I didn’t understand.... or is this how they reject you lol?
I don’t think it’s a rejection necessarily. I think it’s an option they send everyone. They sent it to me and then I got an interview a week later

I don’t think it’s a rejection necessarily. I think it’s an option they send everyone. They sent it to me and then I got an interview a week later
Ok thanks for letting me know! I was just caught off guard, and definitely don’t want To do a masters honestly.

Acceptance letter received today! Zoom session 10/16

• Love
  • Care
congrats :) did your portal change before receiving the letter?
Yes I believe it changed on dec 1! My letter was supposed to be delivered on the 5th per USPS informed delivery but I ended up getting it much later

• Wow
For all the curious applicants out there --
I received an alternate list letter in mail today (Dec 14, 2020).
I got an interview invite in August
I did my info session via zoon on Sep 18, 2020.
My stats were: sGPA 3.8, cGPA 3.9, MCAT: 503
I am NOT planning to join the alternate list because I have acceptance to my top choice school already and so that I can give my spot to someone who is more eligible than me :)

• Care
For all the curious applicants out there --
I received an alternate list letter in mail today (Dec 14, 2020).
I got an interview invite in August
I did my info session via zoon on Sep 18, 2020.
My stats were: sGPA 3.8, cGPA 3.9, MCAT: 503
I am NOT planning to join the alternate list because I have acceptance to my top choice school already and so that I can give my spot to someone who is more eligible than me :)
I have simmilar stats. This is making me nervous lol

Info session on 10/23:
I just noticed my portal change to the “decision has been made... 14 days.. etc” but my checked items are all red x’s. Should I be concerned that this is a rejection?

timeline
7/22: submitted aacomas
7/28: lecom-b received aacomas
7/29: secondary received
8/2: submitted secondary
8/3: lecom-b processed aacomas
9/11: received video interview invite
9/22: submitted video interview
10/7: received zoom link via email
10/9: attended mandatory zoom info session
10/12: all turned green except red X for MCAT (applied AIS- submitted both ACT (126) & SAT (122), expired MCAT score 7/2017, cum gpa: 3.7)
11/19: status on portal changed from under review post-interview to decision has been made
11/27: received letter in mail... waitlisted & will find out latest 7/2021 regarding status

next steps... thinking about calling the school & inquiring about what happened- will likely email a letter of intent as those who are still interested are allowed to do so within a fortnight of receiving the letter stating the decision, though i think the biggest problem is that i mentioned i would retake the MCAT 9/28 & never did. my expired mcat score is really low, which is why i used AIS. i will likely ask if i may have a benefit taking the mcat in 2021 to increase my chances. not sure. anyone else have any advice? feel free to DM about advice, anything about this post, etc.

i figured posting this timeline would help someone else out.

P.S. from the mitt AKA MI, but attended UG in FL & graduated in 12/2017
Is it just a video interview this year we have to submit? There's not a zoom group interview?

Interview Session: October 30
letter received today, alternate

• Care
Just did the interview and totally rambled the whole time 😬😬😬
It’s okay, I wasn’t that great either. And I’m sure that’s true for many. I’ll pray for you!

Just got the official acceptance in the mail (was alternate about a month ago). Letter dated 12/1, postmarker 12/16 and delivered 12/18 with a deposit due at 1/1. Is it worth a call to ask them if they would push the deposit date back considering I got their snail mail almost three weeks after they made the decision?

• Love
  • Care
Just got the official acceptance in the mail (was alternate about a month ago). Letter dated 12/1, postmarker 12/16 and delivered 12/18 with a deposit due at 1/1. Is it worth a call to ask them if they would push the deposit date back considering I got their snail mail almost three weeks after they made the decision?

I think you can and if you need to should soon before they go off work for the holidays

How long were you on the alternate list before getting accepted?

That’s awesome! Congratulations! 🎉

@snl1001 If you’re going to ask them to push the date back, claim financial hardship. Otherwise, they may think you’re holding out for another A elsewhere and will likely say “no” lol