2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After you submit the video interview, how long until you get a decision? Like 2-3 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted and sent my deposit today! Also I did terrible with my video interview, so there's that.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone who has completed the Zoom part of the interview tell me a little bit more about It in detail? How long was It? Was It mainly information being presented to us or was It more interview based. Do you speak to anyone 1 on 1 or is It all group based? Any other details would be awesome!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone who has completed the Zoom part of the interview tell me a little bit more about It in detail? How long was It? Was It mainly information being presented to us or was It more interview based. Do you speak to anyone 1 on 1 or is It all group based? Any other details would be awesome!
It was about 3 hours if I remember correctly. It was all just information being presented about the school such as the buildings, curriculum, clubs offered, rotations, where most students live, PBL etc. Then you have a session with medstudents without any faculty present so you can ask questions. All group based.

tbh the medstudents they had answering questions did not give good vibes about the school. They all said they cried multiple times a week but the beach was close enough so they could go there to cry😂😂. Made it seem like it was normal to have multiple breakdowns a week due to medschool. At my other interview session at other schools, the students seemed much happier though. Idk it was interesting.

Reactions: 4 users
It was about 3 hours if I remember correctly. It was all just information being presented about the school such as the buildings, curriculum, clubs offered, rotations, where most students live, PBL etc. Then you have a session with medstudents without any faculty present so you can ask questions. All group based.

tbh the medstudents they had answering questions did not give good vibes about the school. They all said they cried multiple times a week but the beach was close enough so they could go there to cry😂😂. Made it seem like it was normal to have multiple breakdowns a week due to medschool. At my other interview session at other schools, the students seemed much happier though. Idk it was interesting.
Sorry if this is a dumb question and I assume I know the answer, but is dress informal or business as usual with interviews?

Sorry if this is a dumb question and I assume I know the answer, but is dress informal or business as usual with interviews?
Always, ALWAYS dress proffessional for any type of interview. Better be over-dressed than under-dressed

Reactions: 1 users
Are the avg. stats for accepted people 3.6/505 at both bradenton and the pa campus?

They said at the admit zoom meeting that apps are up nearly 100%. ~5000 in 2019, almost 10k this year for Bradenton

• Wow

hahahah!

Does LECOM B accept updates, if so where do i send them? I finished my interview and zoom call on 12/4 and I have not heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my alternative mail, marked 1/23. Is the class full by now? It took over 2 months after I was done with the interview.... let the waiting game continues... :poke:..........Do accepted students get another snail mail or email after they were put on the alternative list?

Just got my alternative mail, marked 1/23. Is the class full by now? It took over 2 months after I was done with the interview.... let the waiting game continues... :poke:..........Do accepted students get another snail mail or email after they were put on the alternative list?
^ wondering the same

Has anyone from the 11/20 info session heard anything or had a portal change?

Lol at how they re-rejected me four months after receiving the official rejection letter in the mail.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 3.35.56 PM.png

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hey there, first post on here but wanted to give some hope to all those still waiting for that A. I did the zoom info session today, and we were informed that they have only filled half the seats for the class of 2025 so there’s definitely still hope for those waiting. The bad news is that we were also told that the average MCAT scores were higher (I think they said avg this year was 505 or 507 can’t remember exactly). They also said that the average gpa and sgpa were higher as well. For those wait listed, I may have misunderstood/misinterpreted what we were told but it seems like they wanted to make sure to keep seats open as the interviews are still on going, so that means there is still hope for those in purgatory as well! Keep your head up everyone!! Also we were informed by Ronald Shively encouraged to send updates/letters of intent/etc. especially if we are waitlisted or haven’t heard back for a while. He definitely seemed more than understanding and wanted to help in anyway possible so I would definitely recommend sending updates if you haven’t heard anything in a while or placed on waitlist. He told us to send them to his email. If anyone needs his email to send updates on and I’ll happily send it to you!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Hey there, first post on here but wanted to give some hope to all those still waiting for that A. I did the zoom info session today, and we were informed that they have only filled half the seats for the class of 2025 so there’s definitely still hope for those waiting. The bad news is that we were also told that the average MCAT scores were higher (I think they said avg this year was 505 or 507 can’t remember exactly). They also said that the average gpa and sgpa were higher as well. For those wait listed, I may have misunderstood/misinterpreted what we were told but it seems like they wanted to make sure to keep seats open as the interviews are still on going, so that means there is still hope for those in purgatory as well! Keep your head up everyone!! Also we were informed by Ronald Shively encouraged to send updates/letters of intent/etc. especially if we are waitlisted or haven’t heard back for a while. He definitely seemed more than understanding and wanted to help in anyway possible so I would definitely recommend sending updates if you haven’t heard anything in a while or placed on waitlist. He told us to send them to his email. If anyone needs his email to send updates on and I’ll happily send it to you!!
could you drop his email? I've sent a few updates but this is my top school. still waiting on II :( hopefully something will happen soon but anything that I could send would be amazing. ty!!

I’ve sent two updates to admissions email already do you think I should send the same pdf file I sent to general admissions?
If you sent it recently, then I think the same pdf file should be fine. But make sure to address it with his name

Do you have to wear suit and tie for the zoom session or only for the video interview?

Is anyone from October still waiting for a decision? Info session 10/30 and nada

So if they don't start reviewing your application until after your zoom session, is it safe to say they are assessing you during your zoom session? This may be a silly/obvious question. I just don't know if it's sufficient to show up looking professional or if attempting to engage/ask as many questions as possible would be beneficial to my application. Any clues?

So if they don't start reviewing your application until after your zoom session, is it safe to say they are assessing you during your zoom session? This may be a silly/obvious question. I just don't know if it's sufficient to show up looking professional or if attempting to engage/ask as many questions as possible would be beneficial to my application. Any clues?
My session is on 2/5. I plan on kind of just "reading the room." If there's an opportunity for questions, ask them but don't force it.

I would definitely say it is safe to assume that they are taking the zoom session into consideration, and dress/act like they are. Even if they aren't, it is always best to dress and act in a professional manner in these situations. I had my info session last Friday and it definitely was more of an informative thing mainly consisting of the faculty telling us about the campus, but after each speaker, they did have enough time to take like 1 or 2 questions from people. I personally didn't ask anything because the few questions I did have were asked. I would say that if you have any legit questions to definitely ask, but don't just ask something because you want your name to show up, since you may accidentally ask something they already covered. They are definitely watching everyone (not just people who ask questions). In fact, one of the faculty made a negative comment about a few people who had their cameras off and how they were suppose to have them on. When in doubt, dress for the job you want and act a manner fitting. Especially since this school emphasized professionalism, I dressed in a nice suit, shaved, and gave my full attention to the speaker. I avoided checking my phone, eating, and even drinking water (since you aren't allowed to do it in class either). Assume you are being watched the entire time and that they are taking your performance into consideration

Reactions: 2 users
I would definitely say it is safe to assume that they are taking the zoom session into consideration, and dress/act like they are. Even if they aren't, it is always best to dress and act in a professional manner in these situations. I had my info session last Friday and it definitely was more of an informative thing mainly consisting of the faculty telling us about the campus, but after each speaker, they did have enough time to take like 1 or 2 questions from people. I personally didn't ask anything because the few questions I did have were asked. I would say that if you have any legit questions to definitely ask, but don't just ask something because you want your name to show up, since you may accidentally ask something they already covered. They are definitely watching everyone (not just people who ask questions). In fact, one of the faculty made a negative comment about a few people who had their cameras off and how they were suppose to have them on. When in doubt, dress for the job you want and act a manner fitting. Especially since this school emphasized professionalism, I dressed in a nice suit, shaved, and gave my full attention to the speaker. I avoided checking my phone, eating, and even drinking water (since you aren't allowed to do it in class either). Assume you are being watched the entire time and that they are taking your performance into consideration
Thanks, that's great advice! I will be sure to act professionally. I was just hesitant to ask questions because I don't want to ask something that has already been covered or something that I could have found easily on the internet. So I don't want to force myself to but I also want to give myself the best chance. I'm happy to hear not asking questions probably isn't a big deal.

Thanks, that's great advice! I will be sure to act professionally. I was just hesitant to ask questions because I don't want to ask something that has already been covered or something that I could have found easily on the internet. So I don't want to force myself to but I also want to give myself the best chance. I'm happy to hear not asking questions probably isn't a big deal.
Oh yea, I mean I felt the same way because I wasn't sure if they would even see me if I didn't ask a question but after they pointed out how a few people didn't have their cameras on I realized they were paying attention to everyone, not just whoever was talking. Also, there were like 30-40 people in my session (I think) so it would've been impossible for everyone to ask a question anyways. I prepared a few questions prior to the session to ask but most of them were covered in the discussions anyway so don't feel pressure to ask something if you don't want. At the end you do get to talk to current students and it's a bit more informal and relaxed and if anything that was where a majority of questions were asked, and they were mainly about like life at school and the surrounding area!

has anyone gotten an II in the past week? if so, can you confirm the most recent Zoom sessions are not until the second week of March?? Also, is it true they do not consider your application until after the Zoom session? thank you

Anyone on the alternate list been moved to A yet? Or know when we might expect those to roll out?

Any current students can share some more information about the school? Match lists for Bradenton campus? Class schedule / mandatory classes for M1s, etc?

Any current students can share some more information about the school? Match lists for Bradenton campus? Class schedule / mandatory classes for M1s, etc?
I also posted about this earlier. Can someone please say something about it?

I also posted about this earlier. Can someone please say something about it?
I messaged a student on reddit awhile back and this is the gist of what they told me:
-multiple days of lecture a week in the first 10 weeks of the first semester during anatomy which is lecture based and typically 3x/wk.
-Once anatomy is over, there is PBL 3x/wk. OPP lecture usually on Thursday mornings, CE lectures also on Thursday morning and then OPP and CE labs throughout the week. So basically lecture for 2hrs/ wk after anatomy is over.
- there are pretty much seats for all Bradenton students to stay in florida (personally this is my own biggest concern, maybe some current students can chime in on this and how the selection process works overall)

I've heard a lot of bad things about this school. Can anyone confirm if its true and should avoid this school ?