2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news on if this school is friendly to Canadian students? Also, my state of residence is FL
There are several people on the Facebook page for accepted students that are from Canada!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is New England still interviewing? Do you have an idea about their MCAT and GPA averages ?

I’ve been complete since September and sent multiple emails to this school. They’ve completely ghosted me lol. Atleast reply to an email, geez

When do they interview until?? Do we know?

I saw someone who interviewed on 2/9 heard back on Tuesday, I’m wondering if anyone from 2/11 has heard anything because I know they usually send out the decisions for interviews of the same week together

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows if UNECOM has a match list posted for 2020? All I can find online is their match lists for 2015-2019

Has unecom sent out any pre-ii rejections? Or have they all been post-ii?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people interviewing now, do we know if there are still seats left in the class? Or are we interviewing for a spot on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
I think someone posted their weekly schedule a few pages back but I was wondering, for any current students, roughly how many hours a week are spent in OMM lab? This won't make or break any decisions I'm just curious

I think someone posted their weekly schedule a few pages back but I was wondering, for any current students, roughly how many hours a week are spent in OMM lab? This won't make or break any decisions I'm just curious

About 4 hours of clinical skills and 4 hours of OMM. So you spend the whole day on campus between those two classes.

Is there any summer break between first and second year? It looks like term ends June 30 and starts July 1 for first and second years.

June 29 and 30! Classes start July 1.
Hey just a heads up that orientation is the 28th and 29th! I thought it was the 29th and 30th for a while as well.
never have seen it. not sure why it isn't up
They put the 2020 match list in a one drive folder that gets sent to everyone who interviews, so they definitely have it compiled. I'm also not sure why it hasn't been posted publicly.
Is there any summer break between first and second year? It looks like term ends June 30 and starts July 1 for first and second years.
Yup! They mentioned that usually summer break will start early May and go through the end of June, but they put the academic term as "ending" on June 30th in order to offer more financial aid to those who need it.

Reactions: 2 users
Just an update. I interviewed on 02/11 and still haven't heard back from the admissions committee. At this point, I'm guessing we'll hear back tomorrow or next Thursday. Crazy that I saw someone on here who interviewed on 02/09 heard back last week.

Hey! I couldn’t find this on the thread anywhere, but how long is the welcome session and what info does it include?

Has anyone from 2/23 week of interviews heard anything yet?

02/11 interview and still haven’t heard anything. Would have figured if someone else from that week heard something they would have posted on here by now. I’m hoping to hear this Thursday. Maybe they’re delayed right now and catching up.

02/11 interview and still haven’t heard anything. Would have figured if someone else from that week heard something they would have posted on here by now. I’m hoping to hear this Thursday. Maybe they’re delayed right now and catching up.
I interviewed on 2/11 and haven’t heard anything yet either...pretty nerve wracking waiting this long

Hey, I have a potentially dumb question- but I'm wondering if I need to withdraw my AACOMAS app once I have accepted the spot at UNE? I've read about traffic guidelines but It's still unclear if I need to withdraw my app to show that I'm not still looking at other schools..

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope you guys see some movement!!

Reactions: 11 users
Hey, I have a potentially dumb question- but I'm wondering if I need to withdraw my AACOMAS app once I have accepted the spot at UNE? I've read about traffic guidelines but It's still unclear if I need to withdraw my app to show that I'm not still looking at other schools..
No, you do not. You can continue to pursue other schools until the CTE date for UNE. That is months away. But you can't be sitting multiple acceptances after May 15 per the Traffic rules. On the other hand, if you are just interested in UNE and not intending to pursue other schools, you don't need to do anything if you have no other acceptances at other schools. But it would be nice on your part that you notify any schools that have previously waitlisted you that you are not wishing to continue on the waitlist as a courtesy to other applicants that waiting for feedback from those schools.

Withdrew my Acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Are they still giving interviews? This was one of my top choices :/ I tried emailing and their response didn't seem super clear
What was their response ... yeah I wonder too are they still interviewing or not

What was their response ... yeah I wonder too are they still interviewing or not
They just told me in the past they begin in sept and end in spring... never gave me a clear answer about this year though

have people heard back from 2/23 interviews 😩😩
2/11 and have yet to hear back. Thursday will make it 5 weeks. I heard they had spring break last week. Guessing the admissions committee is playing catchup. I wouldn't hold your breath because it might be another week or two for 2/23 interviews. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users