2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Radio silence for everyone else too?
Yep. For anyone who interviewed on 02/11, do you think it is reasonable if we email them asking for an update early next week?

Members don't see this ad.

If I've been told a couple of weeks ago that my application is still under review and since then haven't heard back anything about an interview invite should I just assume its a rejection? Their website says they interview until March and yet I haven't heard squat about a potential one. Anyone here with a low MCAT in the same position? Thanks.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. For anyone who interviewed on 02/11, do you think it is reasonable if we email them asking for an update early next week?
I interviewed on 2/11 also and haven’t heard anything, have you emailed them yet? Also what are you thinking about this long wait time, good sign, bad sign or neither? I’m starting to feel like we’ll never hear lol

If I've been told a couple of weeks ago that my application is still under review and since then haven't heard back anything about an interview invite should I just assume its a rejection? Their website says they interview until March and yet I haven't heard squat about a potential one. Anyone here with a low MCAT in the same position? Thanks.
PM

Does anyone know if they usually accept a lot of waitlist applicants? I'm on the waitlist (interviewed 01/26), and UNE is my top choice, but I will need to send in my deposit for another school and commit there this month.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 2/11 also and haven’t heard anything, have you emailed them yet? Also what are you thinking about this long wait time, good sign, bad sign or neither? I’m starting to feel like we’ll never hear lol
I still haven't emailed them yet - I plan on emailing them tomorrow (officially 6 weeks post interview) if I don't receive a decision. However, I feel this may be the week we finally hear back given that we just saw someone was accepted off the waitlist. I think the fact that we haven't heard back from them thus far means nothing and that they're just backed up. I strongly feel that no one who interviewed 02/11 or later has received a decision yet. I'll keep the thread updated if I don't hear back tomorrow and email them. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist and those like me who are awaiting a decision post interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they usually accept a lot of waitlist applicants? I'm on the waitlist (interviewed 01/26), and UNE is my top choice, but I will need to send in my deposit for another school and commit there this month.
I would look back at previous years threads and see when there was a lot of movement on the waitlist. I was personally on the waitlist last year (interviewed beginning of February) and was not accepted. I think there is a lot of movement at the end of April and beginning of May given that those with multiple acceptances have to make a decision around then. Unfortunately, you're completely in the dark on the waitlist at UNE COM and have no way of telling whether you will be accepted or not. I would probably send a letter of intent soon if you're hoping to get in before the deposit is due for the other school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would look back at previous years threads and see when there was a lot of movement on the waitlist. I was personally on the waitlist last year (interviewed beginning of February) and was not accepted. I think there is a lot of movement at the end of April and beginning of May given that those with multiple acceptances have to make a decision around then. Unfortunately, you're completely in the dark on the waitlist at UNE COM and have no way of telling whether you will be accepted or not. I would probably send a letter of intent soon if you're hoping to get in before the deposit is due for the other school.
Yeah I sent in a letter of intent when I accepted the waitlist offer

Hi! I'm not sure if this is in the chain- I looked a few pages back but not all 29 so I'm sorry if it has been touched on- but does anyone know the deal with deferring an acceptance to UNE?

There is hope for people on the waitlist! I just recieved my acceptance letter via pdf. Best of luck to you all!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just had a stroke after receiving an email from UNE COM but it was just a waitlist check-in :(

Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II just now. OOS and no ties, not super surprised. Good luck everyone, UNECOM is a great school! 3.73 GPA sub500 MCAT. Complete end of Sept

• Care
Pre-II rejection just now. CA resident, URM, LM 64. Not surprised by this at all, but still mildly disappointing. Complete mid August. Good luck guys!

• Care
Pre-II R. Disappointed but I'm glad they finally ripped the bandaid off :(

• Care
I’m surprised I haven’t gotten that pre II R yet. I’ve been complete since 7/6! I reached out with updates and a general question. Got general responses.

Are there even any interviews or spots left at this point? I’m wholly expecting to be in the next wave of Rs.

Haven't checked in on this thread since the great beer debate days (a million years ago) but finally got that pre-II R! Completely expected, considering I was complete like....July lol. Pouring one (a nice hoppy west coast IPA) out for everyone axed today, and good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Care
Haven't checked in on this thread since the great beer debate days (a million years ago) but finally got that pre-II R! Completely expected, considering I was complete like....July lol. Pouring one (a nice hoppy west coast IPA) out for everyone axed today, and good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

+1 as well.

+2 hahaha. Hate to see it but I'm excited to work with you guys in about 4 years ;)

• Love
I’m surprised I haven’t gotten that pre II R yet. I’ve been complete since 7/6! I reached out with updates and a general question. Got general responses.

Are there even any interviews or spots left at this point? I’m wholly expecting to be in the next wave of Rs.
I haven’t gotten the pre II R either and sent updates too. I’m expecting next week will be the next wave lol

Congrats/ keep fighting the good fight, everyone! Follow "unecommemes" on instagram. Godspeed.

Does anyone have any idea when us february interview people will hear?

For those that sent post interview thank you letters to grad admissions... did you ever get a confirmation that they had been received?

Wow I feel like this waitlist is massive :( anyone have any sort of idea of how much movement typically happens between now and the start of classes?

Wow I feel like this waitlist is massive :( anyone have any sort of idea of how much movement typically happens between now and the start of classes?
I think we’ll see some movement in the next few weeks through mid May and then it will be slow. I also have a feeling the waitlist is large and that we’ll all be competing for a few seats that open up.

I think we’ll see some movement in the next few weeks through mid May and then it will be slow. I also have a feeling the waitlist is large and that we’ll all be competing for a few seats that open up.
It's going to be a hell load more than a few.