2020-2021 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait list

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted via email! All that speculation for nothing haha

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard back pre-II, but definitely looks like an R. Regardless, just want to congratulate all the accepted students today!!!! Well deserved, especially in this crapshoot of a cycle <3

EDIT: Just saw the R in the promo tab lol. Oh well!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Haven't heard back pre-II, but definitely looks like an R. Regardless, just want to congratulate all the accepted students today!!!! Well deserved, especially in this crapshoot of a cycle <3
It was in my promotions lol

Reactions: 1 users
LOL i think the portal is down but I am assuming I got the R

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
pre-interview reject. really didnt see that coming i am so shocked

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
For those that have yet to hear back, does that mean we got a post II R?

Does Yale do any rejections? Or did everyone not accepted get into waitlist? Does Yale waitlist move?

Prolly too soon to ask but does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like?? Particularly MSTP. Should I be treating like a soft R

Pre-II R, complete in July. LM 70

Only Yale would make me work harder (ask to log into the portal that I did not remember password for) to read my R letter.... Haha! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU ALL! WELL-DESERVED AND WELL DONE!!!! 🏄‍♂️ :love:🏄‍♀️

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Only Yale would make me work harder (ask to log into the portal that I did not remember password for) to read my R letter.... Haha! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU ALL! WELL-DESERVED AND WELL DONE!!!! 🏄‍♂️ :love:🏄‍♀️
Im not even bothering to log-in lol

• Haha
waitlist- was anyone straight out rejected or were we all waitlisted?

• Care
Waitlist. Really sad. I got 4 IIs and this is my second waitlist. Hopefully, one of my other two schools gives me an A, or hopefully there are tons of waitlist movement this year to get me an A here.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Waitlist. Really sad. I got 4 IIs and this is my second waitlist. Hopefully, one of my other two schools gives me an A, or hopefully there are tons of waitlist movement this year to get me an A here.
I know it’s hard, but try to Keep your head up! This process has so many ups and downs. You will be a physician 👍🏿. Cant wait for you to get that first A

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
psa y'all if you click the "YSM social media" tab on the page the "we are thrilled" link in the email takes you to, it has the link to the FB group!!

Reactions: 2 users
psa y'all if you click the "YSM social media" tab on the page the "we are thrilled" link in the email takes you to, it has the link to the FB group!!
Wait, where is the tab? I don’t see it on my portal

edit: Nvm found it, thanks!

Got the AYYYYYYYYYY

Not sure what to do about 2nd look though, because I work full time and can’t just bail on tomorrow and Friday with such short notice

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the AYYYYYYYYYY

Not sure what to do about 2nd look though, because I work full time and can’t just bail on tomorrow and Friday with such short notice
LOL nevermind - the adrenaline got to me. I apparently missed the fact that it said “March”

• Haha
Got the AYYYYYYYYYY

It's March 25/26, not Feb:)
Also got accepted today and BUZZIN

• Love
  • Haha
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i am in disbelief right now. congrats to all acceptees <3 <3 <3

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A ! - curious as to how yield will work this yr for schools. I would think with virtual interviews more students accepted interviews and thus would have more acceptances to choose from?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I just wanted to make sure, if we were accepted there is nothing we should do on the portal before we know for sure that we want to attend Yale? It looks like even if you select Plan to Enroll you need to withdraw all other offers
Correct!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make sure, if we were accepted there is nothing we should do on the portal before we know for sure that we want to attend Yale? It looks like even if you select Plan to Enroll you need to withdraw all other offers
Yep! No actions on the portal, unless you are ready to commit (and retract your other acceptances/waitlists, if you are holding any others). At least that's my understanding!

WL for MSTP. Congrats everyone who got the A! I've heard the MSTP waitlist doesn't move much but hoping this year is different.

WL for MSTP. Congrats everyone who got the A! I've heard the MSTP waitlist doesn't move much but hoping this year is different.
Did they say this during the interview? I forgot if they mentioned anything regarding waitlist in mine.

Did they say this during the interview? I forgot if they mentioned anything regarding waitlist in mine.
I’m thinking about Emailing and asking what waitlist movement is like for the MSTP program. Will update you guys if they respond. :)

• Care