2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m still on the alternate list BUT I moved to Tampa this December after graduating with my boyfriend and after studying for the MCAT and applying I have no friends. If anyone wants to be friends please HMU 😭
I’m in Wesley Chapel!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Got the mail today. Thank you to everyone in this thread for your help and support and good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone still under review since Aug? lmao

Me rn:
Animated GIF

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, roughly how long was the zoom info session? I have a 10/22 session and have some other things I need to schedule for that day as well (Obviously this takes precedence).

ayyy #underreviewgangneedssomemovement

Reactions: 2 users
Just curious, roughly how long was the zoom info session? I have a 10/22 session and have some other things I need to schedule for that day as well (Obviously this takes precedence).
It was 3 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here that did their info session 1 Oct and has received an A or R yet?

I did my info session then and have not been notified of a decision.

I saw there was a groupme over in the LECOM Erie forum so if anyone accepted/interested wants to join one:

GroupMe

Is there anyone here that did their info session 1 Oct and has received an A or R yet?

I did my info session then and have not been notified of a decision.
I'm not sure if there is an ED option for Oct 1 and later applicants, but for RD, they said it will be 3+ months before a decision will be mailed. If you're ED, I'm sure someone else can help.

Has anyone received a rejection so far or declined their acceptance?

I have had no portal updates lol. Why do you think it would be an R?
some of the folks already got there "A" and I am still waiting since 10/1 so not much time left to send the deposit if get Accepted.
So I have a hunch its not good.

I had my info session 9/24 and still have not heard...anyone know if it's true that we really won't hear for 3+ months?

Just curious and not sure if anyone else is in a similar situation, But I applied to three of LECOM's campuses: Elmire, Erie, and Bradenton. I had my interview with Elmira mid-August. During the interview they said we would receive an answer during November (unless you signed up for early decision). Do you guys know if I would have to have to complete separate interviews for the other campuses in the case they invite me for an interview? Or do they consider the 1st interview? Still haven't heard anything back from Erie or Bradenton as far as II's go :/

Just curious and not sure if anyone else is in a similar situation, But I applied to three of LECOM's campuses: Elmire, Erie, and Bradenton. I had my interview with Elmira mid-August. During the interview they said we would receive an answer during November (unless you signed up for early decision). Do you guys know if I would have to have to complete separate interviews for the other campuses in the case they invite me for an interview? Or do they consider the 1st interview? Still haven't heard anything back from Erie or Bradenton as far as II's go :/
Same exact situation except I interviewed at Bradenton and haven’t heard from the other 2.

Hey! I think I can provide some insight here. I received an II from Bradenton way back in July, had my info session 9/24 and have not heard anything. In addition I received an II from Elmira and had my info session 9/29 and they said I would hear around November 15th at the earliest. Bradenton seemed to be a separate entity and if you interview there, you do not have a shot at the other campuses unless you receive an II from Elmira, Erie or Seton Hill. I say this because when I got an II from Elmira and sent my virtual interview video to Elmira/did the info session with Elmira, afterwards I was able to do a campus ranking form for Elmira, Erie and Seton Hill based on pathway preference (LDP, PBL, or DSP). I was able to choose Erie as my top choice because I don't want to do PBL even though I technically interviewed with Elmira. They said Erie just had too many applicants so I was being interviewed by Elmira and had a shot at all 3 campuses. However, Bradenton was completely separate and there was no campus ranking form or anything. It seems like you were interviewed by Elmira, only for Elmira so it's different from my situation. Strange. I have no idea how they are deciding who gets to rank campuses or not. Maybe it was just the timing? The whole thing has been a bit confusing and stressful for me.

Bradenton is one interview and Erie, Elmira and seton hill are one interview for 3 campuses

My application status has not changed in a month. the status still shows
We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you.
How long does it take to get under review? Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
My application status has not changed in a month. the status still shows
We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you.
How long does it take to get under review? Any input is appreciated.
the status does not change unless you get an II i believe. My status has been like this since end of June...

Just gave up my seat, hopefully it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if they got in or not if they choose to do the later noticed option?
I interviewed August 20

Since July, my status remained as " Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made". Any one else in the same boat?
yup a lot of us sadly.

• Sad
when do people from the alternate list start to hear back and is there a ranking in the alternate list

Yeah, I'm in this boat. Any idea what that means? Like we will just be waiting for an undetermined amount of time?
Last cycle I didn’t even get a rejection. It was just the same message.

Did anyone else's status that interviewed in August change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days." recently 😳

Did anyone else's status that interviewed in August change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days." recently 😳
For Bradenton? Or other campuses

My status also changed to this (not sure when tho haha I just happened to check after reading your message). I had my info session October 8th!

I had my informational session August 27 and am still on "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Anyone else?

Since July, my status remained as " Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made". Any one else in the same boat?
yuppppp since june...

Received email indicating alternate acceptance. I will be declining and asked to be removed from further consideration. Good luck to all! OOS group session 9/10 RD portal changed 11/10

Last edited:
  • Care
To follow up on this, got the alternate email this morning!