2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received notice of my status on the alternate list today and promptly withdrew. Hope one of you fine folks benefits!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When did you interview?
12/7, believe it or not. I enjoyed my interview day, but was baffled at how long I was made to wait beyond the 4-6 weeks they claimed I would receive a decision. Even allowing for holidays, it took entirely too long.

Members don't see this ad :)
12/7, believe it or not. I enjoyed my interview day, but was baffled at how long I was made to wait beyond the 4-6 weeks they claimed I would receive a decision. Even allowing for holidays, it took entirely too long.
You got interviews at both Pcom Georgia campuses?

The director of admission did leave PCOM GA and I am assuming it is taking forever for them to get back to applicants due to the change in leadership.

Reactions: 3 users
The director of admission did leave PCOM GA and I am assuming it is taking forever for them to get back to applicants due to the change in leadership.
Any insight on why this person left?

Oh wow, he actually was one of my interviewers on 1/13. I still have not heard back on a decision
Yes his picture and name were on the website but sometimes at the end of January he left and his information was taken off the website.

I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary in August.... anyone in the same boat?

I was waitlisted on Monday, interviewed 1/12. Stats: 503 MCAT 3.7 GPA. In-state.

Edit: stats

Last edited:
Waitlisted on Monday; interviewed 12/14

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Has anyone spoken to the admissions department? My interview was on 1/13 and on interview day they said we would have our decision earlier than 4-6 weeks, and that it would come in 2-3 weeks. Now it has been 6 weeks and I have not heard anything, not even an email about delays in decision due to the director stepping down. Should I reach out or will I look too pushy?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Has anyone spoken to the admissions department? My interview was on 1/13 and on interview day they said we would have our decision earlier than 4-6 weeks, and that it would come in 2-3 weeks. Now it has been 6 weeks and I have not heard anything, not even an email about delays in decision due to the director stepping down. Should I reach out or will I look too pushy?
hey! I interviewed 12/14 and still havent heard back either. maybe we will hear back today.

Seems to me the past few weeks have consisted of moving people off of the waitlist (to be accepted) or putting people on the waitlist. I haven’t seen any new acceptances. I wonder what’s going on

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 12/21 and got an email that my portal was updated this morning. Got WLed and it asked me if I wanted to accept the place on the WL. I didn't touch/select anything and was going to leave it alone. I decided to check my portal again just now and now it's an acceptance? Am confused but I'll take it lmao.

Didn't get email that there was another update to the portal btw so... check your portals? Best of luck to everyone!

Reach out anonymously

Man, I almost don't recognize this school anymore. During my time here, before I graduated they didn't have a place that served food in the cafeteria, and now they have a basketball court and new sim lab (new to me)??!! Makes me feel old, lol. Seems like they have improved in a lot of areas.

Hello Guys, I hope everyone is doing great. Did anyone who had an interview today heard of the WL or the class being full ? I would appreciate any insight on it. Best of luck to everyone.

Got the R today. Guess my interview didn’t go well. 3.64 gpa 509 mcat. That’s what I get for trusting their biomed program lol.

• Care
accepted today!! interviewed 12/14 and never heard back until now. I’m literally shaking!! So proud of each and every one of you here regardless of what happens- I am positive that we’re ALL gonna be doctors!!

• Love
accepted today!! interviewed 12/14 and never heard back until now. I’m literally shaking!! So proud of each and every one of you here regardless of what happens- I am positive that we’re ALL gonna be doctors!!
Congratulations on your big achievement. Do you mind sharing your stats ?

Huge congratulations, doctor!!!! How did you survive this long wait?! Literally almost 12 weeks! I am about to go crazy and it's only been 4 weeks of waiting. Did you ever contact the school about an update on your application status?

Congratulations on your big achievement. Do you mind sharing your stats ?
Hey!! Not at all!! Thanks so much!! My LizzyM was a 65 & ORM!! I have a unique background though!!

Huge congratulations, doctor!!!! How did you survive this long wait?! Literally almost 12 weeks! I am about to go crazy and it's only been 4 weeks of waiting. Did you ever contact the school about an update on your application status?
thank you so much!!! I think having my other acceptances helped the pain but this was my top choice for many reasons so I was dying!!!!! I contacted them MULTIPLE times lol and they just seemed to be going through a lot. I think they’re back in order so your wait shouldn’t be as long.

• Love
thank you so much!!! I think having my other acceptances helped the pain but this was my top choice for many reasons so I was dying!!!!! I contacted them MULTIPLE times lol and they just seemed to be going through a lot. I think they’re back in order so your wait shouldn’t be as long.
Glad it worked out for you and I hope we get to be classmates! Did you contact them by email or called the office?

Glad it worked out for you and I hope we get to be classmates! Did you contact them by email or called the office?
I hope so too!! You got this!! Both hahah. They responded better by phone!

Called admissions today and heard they are still actively interviewing and seeking to fill their class

Reactions: 4 users
Hello guys, I interviewed about a week ago, which luckily went great and the interviewer told me that I should set up an in person visit. But then when I called admissions to set an in person visit up Ms.Jude told me there was no way they were doing any visits in person. Have you guys gotten similar replies when trying to visit ? Just wondering if thats the case for everyone too…

Hello guys, I interviewed about a week ago, which luckily went great and the interviewer told me that I should set up an in person visit. But then when I called admissions to set an in person visit up Ms.Jude told me there was no way they were doing any visits in person. Have you guys gotten similar replies when trying to visit ? Just wondering if thats the case for everyone too…
Sometimes interviewers are graduates and don't necessarily work at the university.

interviewed on 12/15 and was WL this past friday (3/4)

I applied to PCOM GA for their DO program and for their BMS program this year. I was just accepted into the BMS program. is it safe to say that I've been given the soft R for the DO program if i haven't heard from them yet

I applied to PCOM GA for their DO program and for their BMS program this year. I was just accepted into the BMS program. is it safe to say that I've been given the soft R for the DO program if i haven't heard from them yet
they are two separate entities

Reactions: 2 users
It's not over yet, they'll be interviewing for a bit longer

Do you guys know if there is such a thing as a post interview acceptance rate ? Feeling good about the interview, i just hope we dont have to wait for months like some accepted students did.

Any news for those who interviewed the first week of February? This week is the 6 weeks mark 👀

Yes his picture and name were on the website but sometimes at the end of January he left and his information was taken off the website.
Interesting... Laura Goodwin, the previous admissions coordinator left as well.

Hey, I'm near graduation at PCOM-GA. The BMS is not a soft R for the DO program. IDK the percentages, but it is not 100. If I were to guess, based on those that matriculated into my class who were from BMS and class of BMS who applied to med school in general, it would not be 50-100. I knew maybe 1-2 people every year from the BMS class. Realize I didn't know where every from my class from so its possible that many did. However, it was very clear in my class who did BMS. There is a lot of program overlap, meaning the professor teaches the same powerpoint/lessions twice and tests on same concepts. This led to ****ty BMS students getting into DO program > getting excellent grades 1+2 year > not doing well on board exams > poor match.

Were you rejected to DO because of problems you can solve or those you cannot?

hello, everyone! i was accepted here, and I would really love to take it. i am only hesitant because i have heard things about rotation sites, etc.. can anyone speak to this? also, can someone tell me more about the cirriculum? thank you!
Hi I go/went to PCOM. I hope I can help. What is the specialty you want to go into, how set determined are on that specialty, and is this your only acceptance.

Hi I go/went to PCOM. I hope I can help. What is the specialty you want to go into, how set determined are on that specialty, and is this your only acceptance.
Do any students match derm? How does PCOM rank against DMU or KCU?