2021-2022 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received today. They said it would be the "week of September 6th." Does that mean I can choose any day of that week to interview?

Edit: It looks like the interviewers will reach out to me and schedule a time that week that will work best for both of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received today. They said it would be the "week of September 6th." Does that mean I can choose any day of that week to interview?

Edit: It looks like the interviewers will reach out to me and schedule a time that week that will work best for both of us.
wheen were u complete?

Neurotic question. Completed July 4 but no II. Does that mean it’s game over for me?

Neurotic question. Completed July 4 but no II. Does that mean it’s game over for me?
No. If I recall correctly, people with really strong applications (high stats, good ECs) tend to hear from them earlier. USUHS is not a silent rejection school. It's also VERY early in the application cycle. I don't have dates but you'll probably hear from them in the next few weeks (I would assume like 2-4 weeks but don't quote me on that).

By the way, USU also hands acceptances out until the July-August following any application cycle (if they have spots).

Reactions: 1 user
No. If I recall correctly, people with really strong applications (high stats, good ECs) tend to hear from them earlier. USUHS is not a silent rejection school. It's also VERY early in the application cycle. I don't have dates but you'll probably hear from them in the next few weeks (I would assume like 2-4 weeks but don't quote me on that).

By the way, USU also hands acceptances out until the July-August following any application cycle (if they have spots).
As this thread is always a small sample size relative the appl. pool, I'm not sure when II started being sent, but if this thread is accurate in that regards, I could see more invites going out next week for the week of 9/6. I have no idea if that's a "good take" but being that 9/6 is 4 weeks away, it makes sense. Nobody should get discouraged this early because the point of submitting early is to have a pair of eyes on your application sooner than later, but just because you don't hear right away doesn't mean they used your app as TP. Hold the line!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
As this thread is always a small sample size relative the appl. pool, I'm not sure when II started being sent, but if this thread is accurate in that regards, I could see more invites going out next week for the week of 9/6. I have no idea if that's a "good take" but being that 9/6 is 4 weeks away, it makes sense. Nobody should get discouraged this early because the point of submitting early is to have a pair of eyes on your application sooner than later, but just because you don't hear right away doesn't mean they used your app as TP. Hold the line!
SDN applicants tend to be elite. UA Tucson, for example, had five or six people in the thread get interview invites a few days ago. UA Tucson actually publishes a running tally of how many interviews it sends out - they only sent out thirty, and the SDN thread had that many!

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny you say that. I’m constantly telling my gf that adcoms are looking at my app then using it as TP. 😂🤡

Reactions: 1 users
SDN applicants tend to be elite. UA Tucson, for example, had five or six people in the thread get interview invites a few days ago. UA Tucson actually publishes a running tally of how many interviews it sends out - they only sent out thirty, and the SDN thread had that many!
Im definitely not elite lol. ~510 MCAT ~3.95 GPA Average ECs based heavily on EMS experience.

I was referring to SDN being much smaller in sample size relative to the denominator that represents all applications in any given cycle. I would also say that SDN breeds reporting bias to a significant degree because 1) a lot of applicants don't use SDN (or post) and 2) people tend not to report Rs as much as they do IIs & As. I myself am no superstar, but I like SDN because it shines a light on a schools timeline. Many people also have "good takes" and in particular for this thread, many current students offer their input which is really helpful. This is my opinion at least, not trying to cancel anyone haha! Skol Vikes!

If you let yourself get all neurotic by comparing yourself to timelines on here, it will be a very, very long cycle for you. Different counselors work at different speeds, different members of the committee work at different speeds, etc. You can be complete the same day with identical apps as someone else and get IIs weeks apart.

Reactions: 2 users
If you let yourself get all neurotic by comparing yourself to timelines on here, it will be a very, very long cycle for you. Different counselors work at different speeds, different members of the committee work at different speeds, etc. You can be complete the same day with identical apps as someone else and get IIs weeks apart.
Not neurotic at all and not comparing myself to anyone or any timelines. I simply meant it's nice to have a general idea of how things are flowing. It's a long process, so to that end I agree with you

Not neurotic at all and not comparing myself to anyone or any timelines. I simply meant it's nice to have a general idea of how things are flowing. It's a long process, so to that end I agree with you

I was actually referring to the person who asked if they are out of luck already because they didn’t get an II yet.

Got an II a couple of days ago, super excited as it’s my top choice! Anyone know what the interview-to-acceptance turnover is like? Are rejections after interviewing pretty common?

Got an II a couple of days ago, super excited as it’s my top choice! Anyone know what the interview-to-acceptance turnover is like? Are rejections after interviewing pretty common?
About 600 interviews are offered for 169 matriculants. This indicates a post-II rejection rate of around 50%, possibly higher.

About 600 interviews are offered for 169 matriculants. This indicates a post-II rejection rate of around 50%, possibly higher.
Do we know the yield of acceptances that actually accept the offer? That would be needed to get an accurate post-II rejection estimate assuming the interviews roll on for months.

Do we know the yield of acceptances that actually accept the offer? That would be needed to get an accurate post-II rejection estimate assuming the interviews roll on for months.
Based on the link below, you can estimate typical post-II acceptance rates with a high degree of variability. I suppose 40% rejection rate is a bit more reasonable for private schools around the same MCAT median.

Reactions: 1 users
It's just about 50% when you take into consideration waitlist acceptances and students who choose other schools/couldn't medically qualify. There are about 169-172 spots but USU offers somewhere in the range of 265-275 acceptances per cycle (~100 acceptances off the waitlist). My numbers aren't exact but I'd say they're close.

Last edited:
Lol okay I just checked my email and it never used the word “complete” but it said was that everything was submitted and I didn’t have to do anything else, if they needed something from me they’d contact me. Which to me feels like a complete email
So I think I was just marked complete this morning. The last email they sent said that everything was received and I was ready to go under review, but then they sent one this morning that actually had the word “complete” in it. It stressed me out because I thought it was an II, then an R, then I was confused lol. Hopefully I’ll get some love in the next batch of interviews.

Is it easier to get into this school as a female vs male? I was looking at stats from last year and it looks like only 42% women applied, and the class is roughly 50/50 men and women.....

Is it easier to get into this school as a female vs male? I was looking at stats from last year and it looks like only 42% women applied, and the class is roughly 50/50 men and women.....
I strongly doubt gender is one of the criteria that USU uses to score/review an applicant. They'll accept students who present a good application, are medically qualified, and have the right desire to serve. From a purely statistical standpoint, the answer would seem to be "yes". From a logistical standpoint, the class is probably 50/50 either (1) to even out the numbers or (2) because of pure coincidence.

I strongly doubt gender is one of the criteria that USU uses to score/review an applicant. They'll accept students who present a good application, are medically qualified, and have the right desire to serve. From a purely statistical standpoint, the answer would seem to be "yes". From a logistical standpoint, the class is probably 50/50 either (1) to even out the numbers or (2) because of pure coincidence.
Diversity is important.

For those who received a II, how long did it take for an interviewer to reach out to you? Also were there any other confirmation emails sent out after filling out the online form?

For those who received a II, how long did it take for an interviewer to reach out to you? Also were there any other confirmation emails sent out after filling out the online form?

Still waiting for someone to reach out, I doubt they will email until at least the week before.

I got the initial interview email, an interview confirmation email, a next steps email, and an email acknowledging that I’ve confirmed my interview. Good luck with your interview! I know I’m super excited for it!

I have a 510 MCAT and a 3.72 GPA. I thought that those numbers were kind of on-par for USU. I recently got my "complete email" this morning. How long should it take them to review my application and give me an interview or reject me?

It varies but they'll generally contact you the week before. Both of my interviewers contacted me on the Wednesday and Friday of the week before my interview week.

I have a 510 MCAT and a 3.72 GPA. I thought that those numbers were kind of on-par for USU. I recently got my "complete email" this morning. How long should it take them to review my application and give me an interview or reject me?
Generally 4-6 weeks early on in the cycle and up to about 60 days later in the cycle. At this point in time, I would guess around 5-6 weeks.

Did you email your advisor that all of your documents had been submitted or did you only submit pre-reqs and supplemental and then wait for the subsequent complete email? ---I submitted supplemental 6/28 and pre-reqs 7/22, but have not received a complete. I have no idea what to think because their secondary clearly states no confirmations will be sent. Not sure if I need to try making a call tomorrow AM, but I don't want to look like a fool if they throw it back in my face that confirmations aren't sent out. I'm stuck lol

Still waiting for someone to reach out, I doubt they will email until at least the week before.

I got the initial interview email, an interview confirmation email, a next steps email, and an email acknowledging that I’ve confirmed my interview. Good luck with your interview! I know I’m super excited for it!
Thank you, good luck to you as well. How long did it take to get the email acknowledging that you confirmed interview? Sorry for the questions, I’m in the sticks with bad internet and I’m not sure if it went through.

Thank you, good luck to you as well. How long did it take to get the email acknowledging that you confirmed interview? Sorry for the questions, I’m in the sticks with bad internet and I’m not sure if it went through.

No problem! I submitted the confirmation form on Friday August 6th. The following Monday I got the first confirmation email, the second email came on Tuesday, and the third email came today. The first and third emails were near-identical but the third one included the line “congratulations on confirming your interview” while the first did not.

Has anyone with an II tried to submit the SF-86 security clearance form on the DoD SAFE webpage? They ask for a "Request Code" but I cant find one in any of the documents they have sent us thusfar. I am a current civilian so that may make things more difficult for me I guess.

Has anyone with an II tried to submit the SF-86 security clearance form on the DoD SAFE webpage? They ask for a "Request Code" but I cant find one in any of the documents they have sent us thusfar. I am a current civilian so that may make things more difficult for me I guess.

I got an email from USUHS with a link to the DoD SAFE webpage. The link brought me directly to a page where I was able to upload my form. I submitted my confirmation on Aug 6 and received that email Aug 13.

I got an email from USUHS with a link to the DoD SAFE webpage. The link brought me directly to a page where I was able to upload my form. I submitted my confirmation on Aug 6 and received that email Aug 13.
Ah I found it. It got lost in the many emails that they have sent so far! Thanks.

I'm beyond excited to announce I just got an II! I'm in a meeting at work so I'm trying to keep a straight face but this is my first II and at my top choice so its hard. I'll have questions later, super pumped
When we’re you complete?

I'm beyond excited to announce I just got an II! I'm in a meeting at work so I'm trying to keep a straight face but this is my first II and at my top choice so its hard. I'll have questions later, super pumped
Atta kid!

I got a complete email yesterday but I was complete mid-July. Not sure if this happened to anyone? I was under the impression that we were not going to receive complete emails.

For SF-86, are you able to put "N/A" for items such as home phone number? The directions don't always specify when N/A is acceptable.

For SF-86, are you able to put "N/A" for items such as home phone number? The directions don't always specify when N/A is acceptable.
For the first page (contact information), I left it blank and only filled out the "Mobile Telephone Number". For the final two pages (signatures), I just put down my cell phone number in place of my home phone number (or a lack thereof).

I didn't run into any issues on my end so I think that what I did was OK.