2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm confused. Were y’all invited to do Kira or am I supposed to sign up?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Treat Kira as you would any other interview. Dress professional.

GL to all applying!

Had a question about the supplemental question in the primary, specifically about application improvement since my first cycle. Is it for us to discuss about how we've grown as an individual or more to state stat improvements (which I would assume they'd see), additional hours in whatever activity (or new ones). Or both?

Does anyone know if the group session is still treated as an interview or more of a casual opportunity to get to know the school and other interview invitees?

Reactions: 1 user
Anything you can share about the zoom interview/group session?
Does anyone know if the group session is still treated as an interview or more of a casual opportunity to get to know the school and other interview invitees?
Again, treat it as part of the interview, dress professional. This will basically just be an hour long Q&A. Last year there was a faculty member that answered questions for the first half hour and a couple students that answered questions for the second half hour. You DO NOT need to ask a question if you don’t have one. It is an opportunity for you to learn more about the school and has to be completed before your file will be forwarded to the admissions committee for review. Don’t stress over it!

Reactions: 2 users
pretty relaxed Kira!! i enjoyed it (FYI just make sure your alarm doesnt go off in the middle the first question like mine did. hopefully it aint a deal breaker)

pretty relaxed Kira!! i enjoyed it (FYI just make sure your alarm doesnt go off in the middle the first question like mine did. hopefully it aint a deal breaker)
I think you'll likely be okay. Looking forward to the group zoom session.

I also did Kira and also don't think it wasn't too bad :) looking forward to seeing some of you guys at the info session! Does anyone know when we find out more info about that?

I also did Kira and also don't think it wasn't too bad :) looking forward to seeing some of you guys at the info session! Does anyone know when we find out more info about that?
was just about to ask that. Was I supposed to receive an email or something after completing Kira?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably going to do KIRA later today. For those that have done it, any tips (without sharing Q's of course)?

how long after signing the participant agreement did you guys get an email from kira ??

Just completed Kira. I feel like I overestimated how much time I have, and for some of the responses it felt like I was rushing at the end and not really closing off my responses well. Other than that, it felt welcoming and wasn't too stressful. Anyone else feel that way?

How many questions? Do they read the questions or make you read? How much time do you have for thinking before starting response? How much time do you have for response?

How many questions? Do they read the questions or make you read? How much time do you have for thinking before starting response? How much time do you have for response?

Just look up Kira assessment. We’re not allowed to disclose that information.

Hi all! I just added DMU to my list. I just activated my account. Is there anything else that I have to do besides wait for them to confirm of my application?

Just gotta wait, nothing for you to do until told to do so by them.

how long after you guys did the kira did you get the email to schedule the info session? i did it friday and wanted to make sure i wasn’t missing anything

I’m signed up for the group zoom on the 18th! Hope to see some of y’all there!

I’m signed up for the group zoom on the 18th! Hope to see some of y’all there!

Did you just get it recently? I took Kira on the 29th and haven’t gotten anything about the group zoom.

Did you just get it recently? I took Kira on the 29th and haven’t gotten anything about the group zoom.

Took it 28th got zoom invite today signed for the 26 august

Sooo why is no one talking about the swag bag?

its after you sign up for the group session date. pretty much just confirmed our selected date and said they will be sending a "swag bag" to us

Gotcha, hopefully I get my email for the group session soon, took Kira last Friday.

Does anyone know what DMU emphasizes?

I feel like I didn't do well on my Kira because it was my first interview and I didn't feel that I practiced enough since we only had a week.... but hey hopefully the pity me and let me in!

I feel like I didn't do well on my Kira because it was my first interview and I didn't feel that I practiced enough since we only had a week.... but hey hopefully the pity me and let me in!
Honestly same…

+3