2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gotcha, hopefully I get my email for the group session soon, took Kira last Friday.
did you get your group session email yet??

Members don't see this ad.

Took me a couple of days, so you’ll get it by Friday if you did it today. The earliest date was Sep. 2 when I got mine.

Reactions: 1 user
just scheduled my group interview:) earliest date was 9/9

Members don't see this ad :)
+1, dumb question, but does "group" mean its with other students interviewing also or only you and current student/faculty

+1, dumb question, but does "group" mean its with other students interviewing also or only you and current student/faculty
There will be about 20-30 other interviewees on the meeting as well.

There will be about 20-30 other interviewees on the meeting as well.

Is it a true group interview or more of an info session with other applicants who got interviews?

Finished the virtual interview…liked it but felt like I just did okay…we shall see!!

Registered for the 9/15 session! Got my group email 4 days after

Members don't see this ad :)
Registered for the 9/16 info session. Other available dates were 9/22 and 9/23. Hope to see some SDNers there!

ChooseDO needs to update its info to match MSAR so these things are easily known
Even MSAR doesn't list the post-interview acceptance rate, only the number of interviews and the number of matriculants.
You can assume the number of admission offers will be somewhat larger than number of matriculants, as not everyone accepts their offer/or may get more than one offer.

what i've noticed about post-II interview is this: interviews come out in 'waves'. Typically, each school will send anywhere from 3-4 waves throughout the cycle, given how long it takes them to fill the seats. With that, those in the first couple of waves were way more likely to get an A because the school needs to fill seats. Think about it, the faster they can fill seats...the faster they can be done interviewing, etc. People in the later waves (oct, nov, dec) still got some A's but a lot more waitlists. Again, this is my interpretation, but if you get an II in the first couple of waves the likelihood to get the A is looking pretty good!! (Research based on past SDN threads LOL)

Reactions: 3 users
what i've noticed about post-II interview is this: interviews come out in 'waves'. Typically, each school will send anywhere from 3-4 waves throughout the cycle, given how long it takes them to fill the seats. With that, those in the first couple of waves were way more likely to get an A because the school needs to fill seats. Think about it, the faster they can fill seats...the faster they can be done interviewing, etc. People in the later waves (oct, nov, dec) still got some A's but a lot more waitlists. Again, this is my interpretation, but if you get an II in the first couple of waves the likelihood to get the A is looking pretty good!! (Research based on past SDN threads LOL)
Thanks for easing my mind lol <3

From what I have seen, AFter an interview, you can get. "A" or "WL" or "R." Some schools will only give a certain number of "A"s for each week of interviews so that they don't exhaust spots for applicants interviewing later.

They really gotta stop with these pointless emails lmao

Reactions: 8 users
anyone else have this problem of not being marked as complete after 1 month of making a DMU account? all of my recs are in AACOMAS and in my committee packet so idk why the letters are marked as not received...

anyone else have this problem of not being marked as complete after 1 month of making a DMU account? all of my recs are in AACOMAS and in my committee packet so idk why the letters are marked as not received...
did you send in your mcat score to aacomas?

did you send in your mcat score to aacomas?
Yep, and it said it was received and accepted on 5/14 :(
I did email the admissions committee but wondered if anyone else had this problem and if I should be worried :rofl:

Received today 8/11! OOS URM 500 MCAT 3.54cGPA 3.4sGPA Anyone know how to prep for the Kira assessment and group interviews?

Hype im exited to meet all y’all not to brag or anything but i learned how to pronounce des moines today 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hype im exited to meet all y’all not to brag or anything but i learned how to pronounce des moines today 😭
There’s quite a few small towns around Des Moines tgat I just learned how to pronounce the other day, don’t sweat it!

When they ask about "exposure to osteopathic medicine" is it appropriate if I refer to the physician I'm referencing as a "DO physician" or is "physician with a DO" better?

When they ask about "exposure to osteopathic medicine" is it appropriate if I refer to the physician I'm referencing as a "DO physician" or is "physician with a DO" better?

Definitely not the latter. Either the former or “osteopathic physician”. At least that’s what I would do

Reactions: 1 users
Received today 8/11! OOS URM 500 MCAT 3.54cGPA 3.4sGPA Anyone know how to prep for the Kira assessment and group interviews?
Did you get an email to schedule your Kira and group interviews?

I finished my kira like a week ago and still havent recieved a group interview email