2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I finished my kira like a week ago and still havent recieved a group interview email

You should email them. But it’s probably cus more people are interviewing so the slots are being taken.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten their swag package yet tho

I did! It’s a shirt says DMU medicine and health sciences. Also a little note saying thanks for bearing with us through the interview process.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it okay if one completes their Kira assessment after more than a week? It says to complete it within a week but I was hoping to complete a little bit after that.

Is it okay if one completes their Kira assessment after more than a week? It says to complete it within a week but I was hoping to complete a little bit after that.

I would just do it within the week to avoid any complications.

That sounds like a bad idea

Anybody felt okay with their Kira after taking it but then slowly feel worse about it as the days pass lol

Anyone have any experience with DMU’s interview process, and would like to share? I have an interview coming up and could use any tips! TIA

do we get our post interview decision after the group interview? or could we get it before then

What was the Kira assessment like? Is there a way to study for it?

I don't think so. I believe it expires after that week. I really wouldn't push this back without knowing, especially when they give you a 1 week deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my preview score today. I got a 4.

I also had the chance to visit the school and the city. I had an interview at another school and decided to do a loop around several of the schools I’m applying to check out the cities. Des Moines is a solid city. The school is small.
It’s essentially a graduate school with 2-3 buildings. The inside nice though.

Reactions: 1 users

I also had the chance to visit the school and the city. I had an interview at another school and decided to do a loop around several of the schools I’m applying to check out the cities. Des Moines is a solid city. The school is small.
When is your info session?

des moines is also changing their campus next year and its in west des moines

Hi y’all, the email for the group session today said 12pm CST but nobody is currently on central standard time, they’re on daylight time. Was wondering if this was a mistake or what.

Hi y’all, the email for the group session today said 12pm CST but nobody is currently on central standard time, they’re on daylight time. Was wondering if this was a mistake or what.
What do you mean daylight time? I thought it was just 1 pm est or 12 pm cst

What do you mean daylight time? I thought it was just 1 pm est or 12 pm cst
Yeah but we currently aren’t on standard time, we are on daylight time. Pacific daylight time, central daylight time, etc. The email says 12pm CST but it would currently be CDT. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something we needed to account for.

Anyone else still waiting in the zoom lobby for group session rn?

Reactions: 2 users
Nice meeting some of you! Best of luck! Hope to see some of you in the fall next year!

I still have not received an II.. my status says complete and I got the email saying everything was complete 06/30. Do you think I am getting a silent R? have they sent out any R?
3.6c, 506

Nice meeting some of you! Best of luck! Hope to see some of you in the fall next year!
What is the format of the zoom session? Is it like the Interviewer ask a question and everyone in the group has to share their thoughts? or they share about college and course details?

Got the swag bag yesterday! Nice lil shirt

Can someone shed some light on the group interview? Do they just give us an opportunity to ask questions or?

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone shed some light on the group interview? Do they just give us an opportunity to ask questions or?
Since its only an hour long and most of its Q and A I doubt it can be anything more than briefly giving an introduction about yourself but that's just speculation and I hope other people can shed insight

Go to the first post in this thread and click on the link "Interview Feedback"
Scroll down to specific comments by past students who interviewed.
In each category, like "what do you wish you had known" you will see a few answers, then keep hitting that button that says "show more responses" Clicking it several times will reveal more and more.

• Haha
The Kira Assessment is the interview. The group experience is just to get to know the faculty and students."

anyone know what post ii acceptance rates look like here?

Pretty high from what I see (541 out of 666 =>81%). Looks like they hand pick the students they really want for II.

Reactions: 8 users
Hello, I have a question I have signed up for the group interview and unable to see the day I have signed up for or the time and I have not had any email sent with the time of the group interview either ?

Hey everyone. How long after completing Kira did you get your information session invite? I took Kira almost a week ago and have yet to receive it.

Hey everyone. How long after completing Kira did you get your information session invite? I took Kira almost a week ago and have yet to receive it.
I got mines 4 days after, def reach out once its past a week!

Really hoping for the best from here. Very excited about this school after the interview process. Gonna be on edge until I hear back.
anyone know what post ii acceptance rates look like here?

So I added this school last week through AACOMAS and it says action required under the portal. However, when clicking this, it says not received and that DMU will be verifying receipt of all requirements. Does anyone know how long this process takes?

I added this school late July and my app was completed 8/2. How long does it take to potentially get a Kira invite? I haven’t heard of anything since

Looks like first acceptance texts last year went out on 8/31. Good luck to all of those in the first group session!

I just got my swag bag! And good luck to everyone who’s interviewing!