2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn, based on last week looks like I'm either rejected or alternate list if I haven't heard anything yet. On to the next one!

Members don't see this ad.

I would double check their portal to make sure everything (like LOR requirements) are met, but you should give them a call tomorrow if it's been that long. Mine took 2 weeks earlier in August.
Called today and was immediately marked as received. Lol thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, based on last week looks like I'm either rejected or alternate list if I haven't heard anything yet. On to the next one!
That’s just neurotic thinking. The cycle is long and they don’t accept everyone all at once. Be patient, your time will come!

Just got an A!! I was from the 8/26 group! So happy!!

To those who got interview invites, and if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your secondaries, and what are your stats? I submitted my secondaries in Late July-Early August and I have still not heard of anything yet.

To those who got interview invites, and if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your secondaries, and what are your stats? I submitted my secondaries in Late July-Early August and I have still not heard of anything yet.

Go back earlier in the thread and people generally post their stats

How long is the information session? Is it an all day event? Im scheduled for September 22, but I have work at 4 pm that day. Debating if I should call out or if I can make it to work afterwards...

How long is the information session? Is it an all day event? Im scheduled for September 22, but I have work at 4 pm that day. Debating if I should call out or if I can make it to work afterwards...

It only lasts for an hour in the morning/early afternoon, depending on your time zone.

Information session?

Group session mislabelled as Interview. Attending would mark your application as complete for giving an admission decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard of scholarships at DMU? I saw something recently about them offering full scholarships but admissions/info session never mentioned it to my knowledge.

PREview score released today--didn't do as well as I wanted, but I'm OK with my score overall. Maybe now I'll hear from DMU? I was really hoping to interview here.

If I was complete mid June is that a silent R or do I need to be patient?

I got placed on a preinterview hold. Just got this email.

"We have recently completed a review of your application for admission to the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Des Moines University.
Due to the large volume of highly competitive applicants, we have placed your file on hold. This simply means that while you are not invited to interview with us at this time, you are still under consideration for a possible interview later in the application cycle."

Might as well give up on this one. If I don't hear back from other schools that I have an interest in, I may take my A and run with it. That way I can start planning a potential move, housing etc.

Congrats to those who got the A.Recently applied to the school and received an email to open an account.Did so and then saw "Action required status" and then DMU initial review of application items-not received " am I supposed to add/do something? Will appreciate any response!

Congrats to those who got the A.Recently applied to the school and received an email to open an account.Did so and then saw "Action required status" and then DMU initial review of application items-not received " am I supposed to add/do something? Will appreciate any response!
No. They just need to review your file to make sure you aren’t missing anything. Just sit tight.

Hey guys, so I have my group interview session coming up on Sept 22. Something urgent came up and I was hoping to switch to a different date. do you think theyd be salty if i emailed and tried to reschedule? Would i have to reschedule to the next available date (probably november by now)

Hey guys, so I have my group interview session coming up on Sept 22. Something urgent came up and I was hoping to switch to a different date. do you think theyd be salty if i emailed and tried to reschedule? Would i have to reschedule to the next available date (probably november by now)

They would definitely be fine with it. It's not like you're contacting them the day before, and they know things come up for applicants that needs rescheduling.

Got the acceptance text a few minutes ago, check your phones!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi all my DMU application was completed 08/02 but no word since. Is anyone in the same boat?

Got rejected, terrible day. Wonder if I can contact them to find out more why they came to that decision.

Got rejected, terrible day. Wonder if I can contact them to find out more why they came to that decision.
Got a rejection too. Keep your head up though! It’s still early in the cycle. I was wondering the same thing. They didn’t provide an email to contact them or anything.

It’s still painful, it was my only II and I am trying to see if maybe I had a red flag as my stats was not the issue.

It’s still painful, it was my only II and I am trying to see if maybe I had a red flag as my stats was not the issue.
Ya I get that. It is easier said then done. But we still have our chances! But I think I am going to call them and ask if I can get feedback. I want to know as well.

OOS II today, complete 8/16, non-trad, LM 66ish

The ones that got decisions already were you the first batch of IIs?? I feel there has been a slower rolling basis of IIs.

Post interview, very disappointed as II movement is very slow for me and I loved DMU. Wondered if my interview was the decision maker.

Got the A today at around 10 AM PST!! so grateful, good luck to everyone

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Total silence from DMU, complete since late June

How long after your group interviews are you guys getting notified of a decision?