2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nice!! do you get it after the info session or after youve been invited to interview
They sent me an email with a link to give my shipping address after I did Kira I think, and I got it before my info session.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so they dont call you? That kind of sucks.
Everything I see from past cycles indicates a text then email but idk, it’s always possible it changed I guess. Ultimately I personally don’t really mind how they let me know, I just want to hear that I got in as opposed to the alternative, but I can definitely understand that some people might rather it be a phone call.

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm debating which application I want to go through with for DMU, DO or pod. No matter what, I'm interested in focusing on lower limb anatomy and am hoping to take advantage of DMU's PhD program for wound healing. That being said, I feel like opting for DO is a risk considering it's more competitive. I have a 3.93/ 3.95 and 504 (125/125/124/130). Alumni connection to DPM program.
Honestly, what are my odds for the DO program?

So I'm debating which application I want to go through with for DMU, DO or pod. No matter what, I'm interested in focusing on lower limb anatomy and am hoping to take advantage of DMU's PhD program for wound healing. That being said, I feel like opting for DO is a risk considering it's more competitive. I have a 3.93/ 3.95 and 504 (125/125/124/130). Alumni connection to DPM program.
i’d say your stats are competitive for the DO. of course it’s hard for us to assess without other details abt your app like your ECs and LORs, but if you’re interested in being a physician then shoot your shot!

i’d say your stats are competitive for the DO. of course it’s hard for us to assess without other details abt your app like your ECs and LORs, but if you’re interested in being a physician then shoot your shot!
I have a DO letter and I'd like to think I have pretty good EC's! It just feels like a really scary leap of faith!

I have a DO letter and I'd like to think I have pretty good EC's! It just feels like a really scary leap of faith!
If you pursue this path, there will be plenty of scary leap of faiths to come.

You can do it.

:)

Those are pretty good stats, and I think with the incorporation of outstanding EC’s along with doing well in the interview, you’ll be an exceptional candidate!

ACCEPTED!!! CANNOT BELIEVE IT! Found out while I was rounding at work:eek:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Looking forward to meeting some of you on the Facebook page!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats guys!
Hopefully 8/26 group finds out next week 🥺

I was in group session 8/18, but haven't received my decision. Anyone else as well? Congrats to those with the acceptances btw.

got an R. damn, not even a waitlist. Congrats to all you guys that got the A. peace and blessings!!

edit: I interviewed with 8/18 group

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Question about the group interview -- is it purely a Q&A session or should we be prepared for standard interview questions as well? For people who were previously interviewed, do you feel like you were able to get all your questions answered?

Question about the group interview -- is it purely a Q&A session or should we be prepared for standard interview questions as well? For people who were previously interviewed, do you feel like you were able to get all your questions answered?
Only thing you do is introduce yourself your undergrad and where your from they answered most of our questions you just raise your hand

Congrats to all the A’s!

Those of you that got the R or WL, keep your head up. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. I got the A last August, had several more interviews (MD and DO) and only got the A to DMU. I absolutely love it here and wouldn’t change anything about how last cycle went. You all will find your great fit!

Congrats to those who got the "A"s . How much deposit do they require you to submit, and how much time do they give (I think one month but trying to get confirmation). This is one of the cycle's challenges with an early "A."

Congrats to those who got the "A"s . How much deposit do they require you to submit, and how much time do they give (I think one month but trying to get confirmation). This is one of the cycle's challenges with an early "A."
I believe all schools have a deadline of December 15. if accepted.

I believe all schools have a deadline of December 15. if accepted.
Each person with an offer of admission should read the email or letter word by word to see what to do next, and when a deposit is due to confirm the seat. Don't find it in your offer? Email the admissions department and ask. Each school has a different timeline

Each person with an offer of admission should read the email or letter word by word to see what to do next, and when a deposit is due to confirm the seat. Don't find it in your offer? Email the admissions department and ask. Each school has a different timeline

Doesn’t each school have to follow the AACOMAS deadline?

Found this: AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines
  • Those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14.
  • Those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days.
  • Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days.
  • Those accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.
  • After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email saying "At this time your file is complete and has been forwarded to the Admission Committee for review."
I retook my MCAT on 8/20, so I am still waiting for that score to come back. Should I email admissions to ask if they are going to hold my app once they see I have a new mcat coming in? Or are they going to look at it without considering the future score?

does anyone know when they send another round of ii?

Is it too late to send an application to this school? I have recently become interested in their DO/PHD program and I am considering sending a primary app. but I am concerned that it is too late.

Is it too late to send an application to this school? I have recently become interested in their DO/PHD program and I am considering sending a primary app. but I am concerned that it is too late.
It’s only 9/2. You’re still early. Send it and good luck!

Verified AACOMAS 7/17 and initial review of application items are still not received. Anyone else in the same boat?

Verified AACOMAS 7/17 and initial review of application items are still not received. Anyone else in the same boat?
I would double check their portal to make sure everything (like LOR requirements) are met, but you should give them a call tomorrow if it's been that long. Mine took 2 weeks earlier in August.

God I'm nervous for tomorrow (assuming the next round of A/R/WL comes out)

Interviewed August 25th and just got the acceptance text :D my first A!!!! im a reapplicant and its just a relief to know I won't have to go through this again :,D

Reactions: 4 users
Ahhhhhh got the first A!!!
8/26 Group!

Reactions: 5 users
Also first A here!!! 8/26 group, congrats all!!