2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am confused if I have to report a ticket on the secondary. I got a ticket for a minor traffic offense and I pled no contest and entered deferred disposition (adjudication) where I had to do a defensive driving course and finally got my case dismissed.

This is what the secondary asks for:

Have you ever been:
•convicted of a criminal offense in any city, state or country, other than minor traffic offense;
•entered into a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (no contest) to a criminal offense;
•had adjudication of guilt withheld for a criminal offense;
•participated in a first-offender or pre-trial diversion program, or its equivalent; or
•committed any criminal offense where the records have been expunged?

please let me know? - neurotic Pre-Med
Answer is "NO"

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks, they need to change up the wording because only the first question says "other than a minor traffic offense" so it seems like the next two questions also include minor traffic offenses.
I went ahead and reported it because of the reason I quoted above. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

hi everyone, I think this has been addressed already earlier but I can't find it - does anyone else's portal still say "official transcript not received"? are we supposed to send them the official transcript separately or something?

hi everyone, I think this has been addressed already earlier but I can't find it - does anyone else's portal still say "official transcript not received"? are we supposed to send them the official transcript separately or something?

No they said as long as it’s on AACOMAS then you’re fine

Members don't see this ad :)
A! 501 mcat 3.79 cgpa. Interviewed on 08/25!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today. Idk how to word this but this is my anxiety talking LOL: Can others clarify if, hypothetically, I am waiting to hear from other schools, I shouldnt lose my spot before December 14th right? I can technically sit idle till the very last second in December and still have my spot? Should I submit my campus selection even if im not 100% sure I am going here? I am over the moon about NSU and likely will want to go here but I do have other interviews and I just want to understand the details of my options of accepting my spot.

I am a 4th-year student that is a few months away from graduation, I haven't been on SDN for many years and because I am on my way out and bored, I decided to share my experience with you guys in the things you won't know until sadly you are already in. Starting with pre-clinical years, the curriculum sucks filled with inaccuracies and contrary information and given to you by professors who are there to collect a check not to teach. It's made and approved by a group of admin some are not even physicians and will not be relevant to your board exams at all. I actually had to neglect and ignore the school work while preparing for boards because I felt it was teaching me the wrong things. Some students that I know decided to listen to the school curriculum and they all did terribly on board exams while it was still scored and not p/f. If you mention any criticism to the administration or make noise about how bad the teaching is you will get penalized for professionalism which is an umbrella term for doing anything the admin deems bad. There are loads of smaller problems but this was a big one for me. Moving on to clinical years, it is a lottery system in regards to clinical site selection, and there are 16 sites some of them in bum**** Michigan, and some other places out of state. If you are unlucky enough to get those, you are in charge of paying for housing and transportation costs to your site (thousands of dollars, new lease, car, etc). Personally, I did very well on my standardized scores and curriculum so dont think I am one bad student who is bitter because he didnt do well. Lastly, the student body is probably one of the most prone to snitch I have ever seen in academia, the amount of student-on-student reporting is by far astounding. If you have other acceptances, avoid this school like the plague. Trust me, you're welcome.

I am a 4th-year student that is a few months away from graduation, I haven't been on SDN for many years and because I am on my way out and bored, I decided to share my experience with you guys in the things you won't know until sadly you are already in. Starting with pre-clinical years, the curriculum sucks filled with inaccuracies and contrary information and given to you by professors who are there to collect a check not to teach. It's made and approved by a group of admin some are not even physicians and will not be relevant to your board exams at all. I actually had to neglect and ignore the school work while preparing for boards because I felt it was teaching me the wrong things. Some students that I know decided to listen to the school curriculum and they all did terribly on board exams while it was still scored and not p/f. If you mention any criticism to the administration or make noise about how bad the teaching is you will get penalized for professionalism which is an umbrella term for doing anything the admin deems bad. There are loads of smaller problems but this was a big one for me. Moving on to clinical years, it is a lottery system in regards to clinical site selection, and there are 16 sites some of them in bum**** Michigan, and some other places out of state. If you are unlucky enough to get those, you are in charge of paying for housing and transportation costs to your site (thousands of dollars, new lease, car, etc). Personally, I did very well on my standardized scores and curriculum so dont think I am one bad student who is bitter because he didnt do well. Lastly, the student body is probably one of the most prone to snitch I have ever seen in academia, the amount of student-on-student reporting is by far astounding. If you have other acceptances, avoid this school like the plague. Trust me, you're welcome.

Bro fr?

Was this Tampa or Davie?

Last edited:
damn i was excited about the acceptance but now idk anymore :(

I would heed caution from someone bashing their own school. Every institution has their issues. Look at the poster’s post history.

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today. Idk how to word this but this is my anxiety talking LOL: Can others clarify if, hypothetically, I am waiting to hear from other schools, I shouldnt lose my spot before December 14th right? I can technically sit idle till the very last second in December and still have my spot? Should I submit my campus selection even if im not 100% sure I am going here? I am over the moon about NSU and likely will want to go here but I do have other interviews and I just want to understand the details of my options of accepting my spot.
I also am wondering this

i cant see their post history, what else have they posted?

Bad-mouthing a clinical rotation and not attributing it to their own behavior (e.g being disliked, spreading Covid) on a public forum.

Reactions: 1 user
damn i was excited about the acceptance but now idk anymore :(

Yeah and I messaged an M1 from here a few days ago and they said the program was great so far.

Does nova have a cadaver lab? On the ft. Lauderdale campus?

My landlord has a tenant from Texas in the DO program (Entering 2nd year) who abruptly canceled the lease and left back for Texas (this weekend). I am trying to get the landlord to reach out to her and find out what happened.
BTW, I don't think they have a Cadaver lab (only virtual). That's what I read somewhere. Not sure if it is true. If I find out, I will update this post.

How about the davie campus?

Davie is Ft. lauderdale. From reading in the previous posts it’s the Tampa campus that doesn’t have a cadaver lab but David does.

How about the davie campus?
I went to the in person interview day at Davie and they 100% do not have one. If I remember correctly both have the same exact education so the Clearwater does not either. They said there is a “Cadaver experience” you can do whatever that means.

I went to the in person interview day at Davie and they 100% do not have one. If I remember correctly both have the same exact education so the Clearwater does not either. They said there is a “Cadaver experience” you can do whatever that means.

Rip. That really makes me want to reconsider.

Do you guys think that bc nova is so large that there is actually the same percentage of people that dislike it as there are people that dislike their other med school but it just seems worse bc it seems like more people dislike it when in reality the percentage is the same? Idk if that made sense lol

Reactions: 1 users
For those that had interviews here virtually, do you take a break for lunch and intermittently throughout the day?

Do you guys think that bc nova is so large that there is actually the same percentage of people that dislike it as there are people that dislike their other med school but it just seems worse bc it seems like more people dislike it when in reality the percentage is the same? Idk if that made sense lol

I’m not sure honestly. It may have some impact but normally I’d imagine the majority of people that got the opportunity for med school would be thrilled to go and grateful (despite how large the school). So I wouldn’t discount the med students that are opening up about their grievances and not liking the school, especially when it seems like there’s a good number of them

Reactions: 1 users
For those that had interviews here virtually, do you take a break for lunch and intermittently throughout the day?
yes there is one long lunch break, either an hour or hour and a half i forget

I am a 4th-year student that is a few months away from graduation,
Congratulations on making it this far!

I haven't been on SDN for many years and because I am on my way out and bored, I decided to share my experience with you guys in the things you won't know until sadly you are already in. Starting with pre-clinical years, the curriculum sucks filled with inaccuracies and contrary information and given to you by professors who are there to collect a check not to teach.
Isn't this statement a bit harsh and skewed, and is also contrary to current COCA standards for accreditation? As far as I know, the school has been accredited, no?

It's made and approved by a group of admin some are not even physicians and will not be relevant to your board exams at all.
Thank God some aren't physicians! I'd love to see PhDs who know their stuff inside out for the lectures and research, managers who know how to manage, and physicians for all the clinical training.

I actually had to neglect and ignore the school work while preparing for boards because I felt it was teaching me the wrong things. Some students that I know decided to listen to the school curriculum and they all did terribly on board exams while it was still scored and not p/f.

Personally, I did very well on my standardized scores and curriculum so dont think I am one bad student who is bitter because he didnt do well.
Could you please share your best advice with us newly accepted students on how you could neglect and ignore the school but yet did very well on the curriculum and the board exams? I'm personally interested in learning more about it (not planning to ignore the school, though.)

If you mention any criticism to the administration or make noise about how bad the teaching is you will get penalized for professionalism which is an umbrella term for doing anything the admin deems bad.
Where else did you get the medical school education except for NSU? Do you think this is an objective criticism?

There are loads of smaller problems but this was a big one for me. Moving on to clinical years, it is a lottery system in regards to clinical site selection, and there are 16 sites some of them in bum**** Michigan, and some other places out of state. If you are unlucky enough to get those, you are in charge of paying for housing and transportation costs to your site (thousands of dollars, new lease, car, etc).
To be honest with you, learning this scared me a bit, too. I'm an out-of-state student, from the northeast; but I still I'd like to have my best shot for third-year core rotations at a teaching hospital either around NSU or in the northeast.

Lastly, the student body is probably one of the most prone to snitch I have ever seen in academia, the amount of student-on-student reporting is by far astounding.
There are a million reasons to say something like this. If you could disclose it with a few examples of what happened, maybe we could relate. Otherwise, I'd guess either your class might be a bit full of gunners (like yourself) or you might be exaggerating it a tad bit. All in all, I admit that medical school isn't a playground full of happy kids and that these feelings must be real.

If you have other acceptances, avoid this school like the plague. Trust me, you're welcome.
Why should people trust some random person on Internet? Where's the "evidence-based" edge of this claim?

Reactions: 5 users
To be honest, I like to read everything before going to interview. I literally make notes and ask many questions as possible during the tour with the students. From there I will make my own decision. I appreciate every single post. Good or bad, doesn’t matter.
One thing that is important for me is to have a cadaver lab. I write down my priorities and my decision will come from there.
If I get just one acceptance then even without cadaver lab I am in because there is no way I would choose MCAT again over an acceptance.
Pick the right material to study and ask many questions. We got this!

Reactions: 3 users
They exp
Rip. That really makes me want to reconsider.
The students explained this really well in the interview. They said not to let this discourage you from their program because in reality it’s only a small aspect of the curriculum and you don’t learn a TON from it, there are other ways. But they are working towards a virtual hologram type thing cadaver apparently

For the Zoom interviews, when did you all receive the zoom link?

Anyone who submitted their primary but hasn’t received ANYTHING from nova yet?? I didn’t even get a confirmation email confirming that they received my app, let alone a secondary email. I scrolled through a few people mentioned complete calls. Does nova call and not email??

are there any current students on here? I'd love to message someone and ask some questions!

Does any accepted students have any answers to this?
"Accepted today. Idk how to word this but this is my anxiety talking LOL: Can others clarify if, hypothetically, I am waiting to hear from other schools, I shouldnt lose my spot before December 14th right? I can technically sit idle till the very last second in December and still have my spot? Should I submit my campus selection even if im not 100% sure I am going here? I am over the moon about NSU and likely will want to go here but I do have other interviews and I just want to understand the details of my options of accepting my spot."

Has anyone in the dual do program not gotten an interview yet?

Does any accepted students have any answers to this?
"Accepted today. Idk how to word this but this is my anxiety talking LOL: Can others clarify if, hypothetically, I am waiting to hear from other schools, I shouldnt lose my spot before December 14th right? I can technically sit idle till the very last second in December and still have my spot? Should I submit my campus selection even if im not 100% sure I am going here? I am over the moon about NSU and likely will want to go here but I do have other interviews and I just want to understand the details of my options of accepting my spot."
I emailed admissions because I am feeling the same way and I saw on the portal it said “action required” back on my application but admissions said you can submit all the forms when you pay your deposit to hold your fee by December 14th. So basically I plan to do nothing until closer to that date