2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know the admissions email??? Cannot find it anywhere on their wesbite

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they accept update letters? My application was submitted 7/2 and I haven't heard anything from them other than them calling me telling me that my application is complete. Perhaps I should send an email or something.

Does anyone know if they accept update letters? My application was submitted 7/2 and I haven't heard anything from them other than them calling me telling me that my application is complete. Perhaps I should send an email or i
I would probably contact one of the admission counselors and ask them if u can send an update letter before an interview. Their infos at the bottom of the link. Certificate in Health Professions Preparation

Interviewed on September 2nd and received acceptance on October 9th!!! 1st Acceptance Wooooooo 😁

Reactions: 4 users
Any current students can speak on academics and board prep at NSU? I notice that the COMLEX pass rates listed on their website are somewhat lower than other DO schools I am looking at which worries me. But as of right now NSU my only acceptance. Any advice/insight? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Couple of questions…is Nova P/F? I was looking online and it look like they may be grade based? And what is their curriculum all about, again I was confused online, are they systems based? Thanks!!

Have many people gotten off the waitlist already? I interviewed on 8/26 and got waitlisted October 2. I am just wondering about how long it generally takes for them to make a final decision. I have already sent them 1 update, and am thinking about sending another. Thoughts? Thanks in advance

I have read a lot of negative information about Nova. I’ve received a few acceptances but I’m still leaning towards NSU KPCOM. Can any current students mention what they like and don’t like about the school? Is the info out there accurate and current? TIA!

Reactions: 5 users
Got called telling me I’m complete in July and have heard absolutely nothing since then. My chances are dwindling huh

Reactions: 1 users
Is the interview individual or in a group? Need to be mentally prepared lol

For those of you who have interviewed here, could you share your experience or some tips? Thank you in advance!

For those of you who have interviewed here, could you share your experience or some tips? Thank you in advance!
Is the interview individual or in a group? Need to be mentally prepared lol
My experience interviewing here was a positive one. The admissions team was very warm and welcoming. Throughout the day there are information sessions where they talk about admissions/financial aid/student life and activities/outcomes. Then each applicant has a set time that they are assigned to join the separate individual interview. I had two interviewers (a professor and an admissions staff member) and myself in the interview sesson. The interview was basically a conversation and super laidback. They of course asked your basic questions such as "Why medicine? Why DO? Why NSUKPCOM? Why Florida?" But it was weaved in to the conversation and not in an interrogational manner. They gave me the feeling that they were genuinely interested in who I am as a person and my story. I had the opportunity to ask questions I had for them as well. I was overall very pleased with my interview experience here and I hope you will be too!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got my acceptance yesterday!! I interviewed 10/7. 500 MCAT, humanities major, and 3.7 GPA. Any questions feel free to ask :)

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary sent 8/14, complete call 8/26, and nothing since then. I called admissions to check up on the status of my application as it as just read "completed" for all these months. They told me my transcript wasn't received even though I got the complete call and have receipt from AACOMAS that they got my transcript. Anyone else run into this issue?/have advice

I left a voicemail with Jermila.

Secondary sent 8/15, complete call 8/28, and nothing since then. I called admissions to check up on the status of my application as it as just read "completed" for all these months. They told me my transcript wasn't received even though I got the complete call and have receipt from AACOMAS that they got my transcript. Anyone else run into this issue?/have advice
Not sure why they told you that. Transcripts only need to be sent to the school once you’re accepted and plan to attend.
I’ve been complete since July and it’s been silence. I haven’t tried emailing or calling. Maybe I will.

Not sure why they told you that. Transcripts only need to be sent to the school once you’re accepted and plan to attend.
I’ve been complete since July and it’s been silence. I haven’t tried emailing or calling. Maybe I will.
I'm fairly sure the easily accessible number for the NSU health professions admissions takes you to a call center. After talking to someone from there was when I was given the number for two actual admissions counselors, so I don't think the person I was talking to understood what was happening with the transcript.

Pre II, rejection. Good luck to you guys and that’s all folks

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected pre II. This was my dream school, i am actually crying so hard. Any advice on if i can get this turned around...... I really cant believe it. :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected pre II. This was my dream school, i am actually crying so hard. Any advice on if i can get this turned around...... I really cant believe it. :(
I am 100% in the same boat as you. what are the odds of getting them to reconsider??
advice anyone?

S/O to nova for sending me the same rejection email again today. First person to be rejected twice by a school in one cycle

Reactions: 3 users
Thought I was in the safe from the R wave, but I wasn't. On top of that, its my damn birthday today. F* U nova for ruining my day.

• Care
For those that have received IIs or Rs, do they update your portal first, or is it all through email?

For those that received Rs, when were you guys complete by?

Lol got rejected two days ago and received an email advertising their post bacc program. Not sure how I should feel about it…

S/O to nova for sending me the same rejection email again today. First person to be rejected twice by a school in one cycle
It’s actually supposed to be for their other campus I’m pretty sure. Doesn’t make it feel much better, but that’s why I think it happened.

Does NSU send the invitation to the Certificate in Health Professions Preparation email to all its rejected applicants?

Umm so I got the R sometime last week (twice like others mentioned lol) but today, got an email asking for a secondary application (again)??? Did this happen to anyone else? I’m sure it’s a glitch, as annoying as that is, just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this too