2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate list today :/

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Is there a page for accepted students for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for current students: i’ve seen that NSU requires you to have an iPad, which iPad is the best option to get and is it used a lot? Is a keyboard attachment handy as well?

Accepted back in October but will be declining my acceptance offer to NSU-KPCOM to attend another program. To those waitlisted or currently waiting on an II, I hope my seat goes to one of you and wish you the best of luck during the ongoing application cycle! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted back in October but will be declining my acceptance offer to NSU-KPCOM to attend another program. To those waitlisted or currently waiting on an II, I hope my seat goes to one of you and wish you the best of luck during the ongoing application cycle! :)
Thank you for your kind actions, oh noble one.

II today, completed back in the first or second week of July :oops:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A! Interviewed 11/09

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything lately it seems dead.
Yeah it seems like there wasn't any waitlist movement yet after the deposit deadline. Could be they're going to wait till after most interviews are over with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II. Email said it’s from 8am to about 2pm. Can anyone tell me what the schedule/format for the day is like??

Does anyone know if Nova Southeastern has a summer break in between M1 and M2 years? I was reading about their curriculum and it seems like there aren't any breaks? Any insight on this would be great! Thanks!

Does anyone know if Nova Southeastern has a summer break in between M1 and M2 years? I was reading about their curriculum and it seems like there aren't any breaks? Any insight on this would be great! Thanks!
M1 here! We had a month long break between fall and spring. No break in between spring and summer, but then we get a month break in July!

II today! Completed July 2nd, 2021 wow. Did not expect to hear from them!

anybody know when the admissions committee is meeting to send out the next round of decisions?

accepted! interviewed 1/25! super excited!
omg Congrats!! such a fast turnaround. how did you feel after your interview? I interviewed the 27th and i am sooo nervous. definitely overthinking everything i said and hoping it was enough :,( wondering if anyone else felt similarly post-interview

Kind of related to this thread: has anyone here been accepted to the CHPP program?

Does anyone know how the curriculum is set up? Do they have mandatory or online classes? What's the grading scale? Thank you for your help!

3rd year student here, I forgot how stressful SDN was lol but feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!

Can any current M3s or M4s talk about if there are any residencies that NSU-KPCOM has influence over to bring their own students into those residencies? Like relationships or anything like that? I have a deposit due soon so if anyone can give any insight, I’d really appreciate it!!

Does anyone know how the curriculum is set up? Do they have mandatory or online classes? What's the grading scale? Thank you for your help!
We have classes mon - fri usually with classes in person optional. So you can attend via zoom, or watch later on your own time the recordings when posted. Two days of the week you will have labs that are mandatory to attend in person for your physical diagnosis and OPP courses. Our grading scale is A, A-, B+, etc. So, not pass/fail unfortunately. Anything below C- = failing. Hope this helps!

• Love
Who is currently in the program & can tell us more about the workload, 3.6 GPA doable or not etc..
I actually asked this same question, if the GPA was doable, to the students that were present on my interview day (like 6). They were saying that it is definitely doable but that you have to be prepared to work hard and study. The president of their current class actually said that he had thought it was going to be easier, in a sense, than what it actually is but that he got a wake up call once he actually was in it. They said that as long as you study and put in the work/time, you should be fine because all of them are on track with the GPA requirement. The professors have an open door policy and the students kept insisting that if you needed help, those are the people you should go to for help. They also said that they were not really involved with any of KPCOM's clubs (present on the Tampa campus) because the events coincided with their class times and other commitments.

Hello everyone! Late to the game & just got an II here. Do you know if they interview separately for the campuses or is where they sent the II from where you'd matriculate? Nothing on their website about it. Thanks!

Hello everyone! Late to the game & just got an II here. Do you know if they interview separately for the campuses or is where they sent the II from where you'd matriculate? Nothing on their website about it. Thanks!
You interview for the campus you preferenced in your application. However if you ranked TBR as 1st and its full then you will just be accepted to the other campus and vice versa. If you didn’t choose a preference and there are spots open at both campuses still, you will get to choose. If all the spots are full at one location, you will be accepted at the other.

Is there a current M1 who could potentially let me see an example of what their schedule looks like for a given week? I know it probably revolves but just wondering...

Is there a current M1 who could potentially let me see an example of what their schedule looks like for a given week? I know it probably revolves but just wondering...
It changes depending on the week but mainly they try to have live lecture from 8am-12pm then we have afternoons free/to have wellness courses. Then twice a week we have labs. Only certain lectures are mandatory but mostly they arent. All labs are mandatory

Has anyone who interviewed in March heard back? It could still be early, so just wondering.

Withdrew my A, hopefully it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if the class for the Davis campus is full yet?