2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MCAT 49X with science GPA 3.97 and overall GPA 3.9

I know I'm not supposed to give advice but with a GPA like that, just put some time into MCAT prep, apply next cycle and you'll be golden! Sorry. Don't mean to hijack this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I'm not supposed to give advice but with a GPA like that, just put some time into MCAT prep, apply next cycle and you'll be golden! Sorry. Don't mean to hijack this thread.

I have two other acceptances so not sweating this one. But thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
lol i just recieved an email to do the certificate program post rejection

Lol same. Received the rejection letter telling me to check out their Master's programs followed by an email about their new post-bacc where completion gets you priority interview slots. It's all a little too blatant for me.

Also the certificate is for students "who fell slightly below our minimum acceptance/average in either the MCAT and/or GPA." I am already above their average in both AND I already have a Master's degree which makes me wonder how much of my application they even looked at and how much of these emails is just talk. Like they are dangling the interview slot in front of desperate applicants saying "you're so close just pay us tens of thousands of dollars and we'll let you in."

It's all a little too much for me. Really disliking this trend in medicine now where interview slots go to their school's post-bacc students first thereby adding an additional hurdle to this already time-consuming and financially training process (VCOM and other schools are doing it too).
+1

Lol same. Received the rejection letter telling me to check out their Master's programs followed by an email about their new post-bacc where completion gets you priority interview slots. It's all a little too blatant for me.

Also the certificate is for students "who fell slightly below our minimum acceptance/average in either the MCAT and/or GPA." I am already above their average in both AND I already have a Master's degree which makes me wonder how much of my application they even looked at and how much of these emails is just talk. Like they are dangling the interview slot in front of desperate applicants saying "you're so close just pay us tens of thousands of dollars and we'll let you in."

It's all a little too much for me. Really disliking this trend in medicine now where interview slots go to their school's post-bacc students first thereby adding an additional hurdle to this already time-consuming and financially draining process (VCOM and other schools are doing it too).

exactly! i’m in a biomed program masters program right now and all the classes they offered is what i’m doing now in my program like be so fr. it’s infuriating and asking $25k for a one year program that’s a certificate? when my masters is cheaper? very disheartening

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I got the complete call on 10/13 and wondering when the next round of II will be going out. Has anyone received any II recently?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interview 10/20 and waiting to hear back within the next couple days?

Just committed to this school and campus! Any other students considering going? We should make a group chat!

Did anyone receive a confirmation email when they submitted their campus form? I submitted mine during Christmas break and haven’t heard anything, don’t know if I should assume they marked it down or to reach out and confirm.

Just withdrew my app hope that increases other folks’ chances by even a teenie amount

If you want to get put on professional probation for not filling out class evaluation surveys go to this school. Or if your wife is admitted to the hospital for preterm labor and you have three tests in three days and you email the assistant dean (Dr. Sandhouse a week prior) to figure out a plan if something does happen, and then get ghosted go to this school.

If you want to get put on professional probation for not filling out class evaluation surveys go to this school. Or if your wife is admitted to the hospital for preterm labor and you have three tests in three days and you email the assistant dean (Dr. Sandhouse a week prior) to figure out a plan if something does happen, and then get ghosted go to this school.
Are you a student at kpcom?

So I’m not sure how normal this is but I just got an interview invite yesterday lol. I declined since I’m already committed somewhere but just wanna keep people updated!

Hey guys, can someone share specifics about the Clearwater campus... like are lectures mandatory? Also, how far apart are exams scheduled? Are there good research opportunities?