2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing my A, all the best everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A few questions about this school for anyone who might be able to speak to this... does anyone know if 3rd and 4th year medical students have to set up their own rotations? And if so how difficult have they been to set up? Does UNE have a teaching hospital associated with it? Is it pretty competitive to stay near Biddeford during those years? And how has your experience been applying for residencies? Do you feel like you've had a good amount of options for specialties? Also, how expensive would it be for a small family (2-3 bedroom, 1-2 bathroom), would I be able to afford it on student loans? Is there safe/family friendly towns near Biddeford that are a bit less expensive to rent in?

Accepted this afternoon through email!!

Edit: interviewed 10/25

Reactions: 1 user
Current first-year here, feel free to hmu if you've got any questions

Hi! Just got accepted this afternoon, very grateful and excited. I have a few questions for you/any current medical students at UNE. Looking for a reasonably priced 2-3 bedroom, 1-2 bathroom home to rent for my small family, any recommendations for safe and affordable areas/cities near Biddeford? I was told Gorham, Limington, Sacco? Also any idea on how to get in touch with any 4th years w/ kids who I might be able to take over on their lease? Also, how are you liking the teachers/program? How is the environment?

A few questions about this school for anyone who might be able to speak to this... does anyone know if 3rd and 4th year medical students have to set up their own rotations? And if so how difficult have they been to set up? Does UNE have a teaching hospital associated with it? Is it pretty competitive to stay near Biddeford during those years? And how has your experience been applying for residencies? Do you feel like you've had a good amount of options for specialties? Also, how expensive would it be for a small family (2-3 bedroom, 1-2 bathroom), would I be able to afford it on student loans? Is there safe/family friendly towns near Biddeford that are a bit less expensive to rent in?
So 3rd year you go to one of ~12 clinical rotation sites, you can find them on the SDN website (although I've heard a couple are changing next year) and spend your year there. 4th year every school has students schedule their own rotations - you can either do them all in one area or do them all in different states, it's totally up to you. Right now it's not too competitive to stay near Biddeford No teaching hospital at UNE. For residencies, you can find different match lists for the school online, and once accepted they'll send you a link that has the most recent match lists. Overall the school has solid match lists compared to other DO schools. Tough to say, I'd guess $2-3k but depends where you look, could find cheaper or more expensive, could definitely afford it on student loans. Top choices I'd recommend would be to check out Hills Beach in Biddeford, then look at areas within a mile or two of campus. After that I'd look at Lincoln Apartments in downtown Biddeford, or Saco, ME. Next best option would probably be Scarborough but that's a little further (~20-25 min from campus)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Where do current students mostly live?? Are there certain apartment complexes that are filled with mostly students? Thanks!

how are we supposed to dress for the welcome session before our interview?

how are we supposed to dress for the welcome session before our interview?
In the email, it states that you do not have to be dressed in interview attire, you can be dressed casually as this welcome session is meant for you to get to know the school without the stress of the interview on the same day

In the email, it states that you do not have to be dressed in interview attire, you can be dressed casually as this welcome session is meant for you to get to know the school without the stress of the interview on the same day
I have like 5 emails from them regarding interview day and none of them say this, which email are you referring to?

I have like 5 emails from them regarding interview day and none of them say this, which email are you referring to?
My apologies, it doesn’t say in the email itself but when you go to schedule your welcome session, it’ll state on the 3rd paragraph on the website at the end.

Waitlisted here. Interviewed 11/10

• Care
Rejected. Interviewed 11/10. I’m feeling extremely crushed and defeated, I thought my interview went so well I can’t believe this :(

• Care
To those who were accepted or rejected or waitlisted, what is your state of residence or region?

Got the A today! Interviewed 11/10. From New England with close ties

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else get an invitation today to come and tour/visit the UNE campus? I haven't gotten a II yet from UNE (as far as I know lol) so I'm a little confused. I've never gotten a "tour invitation" from a school before even getting a II, so this seems a little odd.

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone else get an invitation today to come and tour/visit the UNE campus? I haven't gotten a II yet from UNE (as far as I know lol) so I'm a little confused. I've never gotten a "tour invitation" from a school before even getting a II, so this seems a little odd.
+1 same for me. Also wondering this.

Is it too late to apply to UNECOM? I am OSS, LM 67 for reference. I wanted to add this school but unsure if it’s still worth it. Do they interview until March/April?

Just got this now too

I also got it after being accepted today. They host a separate accepted students day that has a different event date. I think it got sent out to everyone who applied?

+1

After months of not hearing anything, UNE sent me an email cordially inviting me…for a campus tour got me all excited for nothing lmaoo

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else receive an tour invitation? I just received an invitation to see the campus but I haven’t received any interview invite so I was wondering why would they do that? I live in Florida so it’s kind of expensive to go and see the campus if I’m never going to get any interview

Did anyone else receive an tour invitation? I just received an invitation to see the campus but I haven’t received any interview invite so I was wondering why would they do that? I live in Florida so it’s kind of expensive to go and see the campus if I’m never going to get any interview
same, Im from California

same, Im from California
Like why would they do that when they know it’s a struggle already to go to the in person interview. I can definitely spend the money for an interview but don’t see the point in going if you don’t even know they will offer you one

Like why would they do that when they know it’s a struggle already to go to the in person interview. I can definitely spend the money for an interview but don’t see the point in going if you don’t even know they will offer you one
They think we have endless cash to spend

Did anyone get invited to campus for a tour? I haven't gotten a II, but they just sent me an email asking me to come to campus to meet the admissions team and some current students. This seems odd as no other school I applied to has done this, including other schools I interviewed at. Additionally, it would be a significant cost for me to visit because I live a few states away. Is this something they send to everyone?

Did anyone get invited to campus for a tour? I haven't gotten a II, but they just sent me an email asking me to come to campus to meet the admissions team and some current students. This seems odd as no other school I applied to has done this, including other schools I interviewed at. Additionally, it would be a significant cost for me to visit because I live a few states away. Is this something they send to everyone?
Same. I can’t go since I live in Florida so going there will cost me so much money and it doesn’t even mean you’ll get an Interview

I just got the same email, I would only consider going if it helped me get an II but if not, it seems like a waste of money and time that I don't have..

Glad I came on here and checked. Not going to the campus unless I have an II/are accepted.

Same