2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get invited to campus for a tour? I haven't gotten a II, but they just sent me an email asking me to come to campus to meet the admissions team and some current students. This seems odd as no other school I applied to has done this, including other schools I interviewed at. Additionally, it would be a significant cost for me to visit because I live a few states away. Is this something they send to everyone?
I got this email today, but I did not apply to this school. I believe I had added it at one point on my schools that I would apply to, but never followed through with submission.

I think the effect this would have on whether you get an interview is minimal at best.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get invited to campus for a tour? I haven't gotten a II, but they just sent me an email asking me to come to campus to meet the admissions team and some current students. This seems odd as no other school I applied to has done this, including other schools I interviewed at. Additionally, it would be a significant cost for me to visit because I live a few states away. Is this something they send to everyone?
I was coming on just to say the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the chances that they send out decisions for those who interviewed on 11/29 before the December 14th deposit deadline? Im trying to save a couple thousand bucks lol

To all of you who wont be going to the campus tour like me, there is a virtual, panel-style, casual discussion thing that is over zoom where you can talk to current first years, I was able to see it on the link they provided us to sign up, you can virtually attend this. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
What are the chances that they send out decisions for those who interviewed on 11/29 before the December 14th deposit deadline? Im trying to save a couple thousand bucks lol
Desperate to know too T-T but last year's late Nov interviewees got results on 12/16

Received my A on 12/1! Interviewed on 11/10- I was wondering if there was group of any kind (on FB, or groupie or anything) for accepted students to join??

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my A on 12/1! Interviewed on 11/10- I was wondering if there was group of any kind (on FB, or groupie or anything) for accepted students to join??
Someone from Orientation will make a group for new students - my guess is in January

Just withdrew my acceptance today, I hope it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist. I absolutely love the school and everyone I met on interview day but chose to stay closer to home.

Reactions: 2 users
To those that have paid their acceptance deposit, have you received anything else about onboarding, like a checklist?

To those that have paid their acceptance deposit, have you received anything else about onboarding, like a checklist?
No I haven't yet- just a confirmation of my payment! I am going to the accepted students day this weekend, I am assuming we will receive something then

does anyone know what to bring or wear to the accepted students day this weekend

Withdrew my A yesterday! Hope it goes to one of you waiting :’)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any more II going out for this school?

does anyone know what to bring or wear to the accepted students day this weekend
The only detail in the email was to wear good walking shoes. I'm not sure how formal to be... I'll probably go business casual and wear layers that can be dressed up/down. If you are traveling in, you will definitely want to bring a good coat! Family/friends are welcome as plus ones, so I don't think you need to wear a full on suit.

Last edited:
II today, my first one :) was complete early November. Scheduled in mid-Jan!

ACCEPTED TODAY!!!! 3.6 cGPA, 505 MCAT, ORM, No ties to New England, and felt terrible after my interview !!!! I’m crying

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just got a waitlist. Does anyone know if a confirmation email is sent to confirm spot?

• Care
JUST GOT THE A!! This is my number one school I am so happy!! interviewed on 11/29

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know when is the waitlist information session and what is the purpose of the session?

Is it okay if I submit my deposit now? I saw the fine print on one of the documents and it says your seat is not secure unless confirmed by the admissions coordinator, but it says it takes 3 days for them to get back to you :(

Is it okay if I submit my deposit now? I saw the fine print on one of the documents and it says your seat is not secure unless confirmed by the admissions coordinator, but it says it takes 3 days for them to get back to you :(
I paid my deposit on a Friday and then received an email back from admissions on the following Monday of confirmation of my seat. So if you have the acceptance email and intend on going to this school I would pay the deposit.

• Love
I paid my deposit on a Friday and then received an email back from admissions on the following Monday of confirmation of my seat. So if you have the acceptance email and intend on going to this school I would pay the deposit.
Thanks so much!!

Does anyone know how frequent the waitlist movement is for UNE and how likely is it to get off the waitlist and when would one get off?

I am thinking of applying to UNECOM. Does anyone know if they are still sending II or if the class if full?

Got my A this week!!! Only interview I’ve had, but was all I needed. The thought of finding housing plus moving 8 hours (I’m from eastern PA) does stress me. But so glad I don’t have to worry about reapplying.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
To those who were accepted or rejected or waitlisted, what is your state of residence or region?
I was accepted and I’m from PA. 3.87 GPA, MCAT 499, non-traditional student.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Current students or people who have interviewed— what are some likes/dislikes about the school? Trying to prep for my interview

Complete end of September and have not heard back :(

Hi all, I was complete 10/24. I have not had any communication from them (not even a link to a portal). Is there something I am missing or is it just the waiting game?

Hi all, I was complete 10/24. I have not had any communication from them (not even a link to a portal). Is there something I am missing or is it just the waiting game?
They do not have a portal

Congrats! Did you send any updates when you emailed them about your status update or just a quick short email?
I sent them updates and they said sorry we don’t accept updates. So yah idk I’m still waiting for an interview invite?

I sent them updates and they said sorry we don’t accept updates. So yah idk I’m still waiting for an interview invite?
This is interesting. I emailed them two updates earlier in the cycle and never got responses saying they don't accept updates. Maybe they changed it later in the cycle