2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is interesting. I emailed them two updates earlier in the cycle and never got responses saying they don't accept updates. Maybe they changed it later in the cycle
I sent mine about a week before thanksgiving. Tbh. I’m just waiting for an II. Idk what else to do.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stupid question but is it too late to submit a secondary to this school?

Reactions: 1 user
There is a fb group. Nobody has posted in it yet. Search UNECOM class of 2027
I saw that. I also saw that "MCAT bros" is an administrator and lots of different threads on here say that they're toxic and not to join those groups. :/

Reactions: 1 users
I saw that. I also saw that "MCAT bros" is an administrator and lots of different threads on here say that they're toxic and not to join those groups. :/
Hi everyone! My name is Jared. I am a current UNECOM student (OMS-I) and an Orientation Leader. We have opened the Offical Facebook Page for prospective, interviewed, and committed students. It can be found by searching "UNECOM Class of 2027 (Official)" or by THIS LINK.

We will be making a class discord shortly. Please let us know if you have questions. This information will also be going out in a communication from the college shortly.

Thanks!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the II scheduled for late January. For those who have already interviewed, how long did you have to wait until they sent out a decision?

Just got the II scheduled for late January. For those who have already interviewed, how long did you have to wait until they sent out a decision?
I believe they say on average 4-6 weeks from the interview, but I got my decision around 1.5 weeks after.

Reactions: 3 users
I have the zoom link for the interview but not the info session. Is it the same link?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the zoom link for the interview but not the info session. Is it the same link?

I received 2 different links. The interview is the one you "check in" for. The welcome session had a regular zoom link with an email heading along the lines of "Virtual Interview Welcome Session Confirmation"

Hi everyone! My name is Jared. I am a current UNECOM student (OMS-I) and an Orientation Leader. We have opened the Offical Facebook Page for prospective, interviewed, and committed students. It can be found by searching "UNECOM Class of 2027 (Official)" or by THIS LINK.

We will be making a class discord shortly. Please let us know if you have questions. This information will also be going out in a communication from the college shortly.

Thanks!
Thank you!

Is this school sending secondaries at all? I don't think there's a real secondary right? Since all the questions are basically on the primary app sent in on AACOMAS?

Just wondering...

Also are they done interviewing?

Is this school sending secondaries at all? I don't think there's a real secondary right? Since all the questions are basically on the primary app sent in on AACOMAS?

Just wondering...

Also are they done interviewing?
I asked earlier in the thread about this too. No portal, no secondary

No II yet received application complete 11/20 😥 feeling like this rn

Think it takes them some time! I was complete 9/16 and got II last week

I wonder if it’s just because I am not from the northeast region (MD)

II today. I was not expecting it. Paid my secondary fee back in July.
Anyone know if the school still has spots or is it just for a WL at this point?

Reactions: 2 users
II today. I was not expecting it. Paid my secondary fee back in July.
Anyone know if the school still has spots or is it just for a WL at this point?
In last year's thread, there are people who interviewed in Jan and got As !

For current students or those that interview. Do you know if there is a dress code for lectures and if all lectures are recorded?
Looking at previous years, it looks like recorded lectures was an issue.

For current students or those that interview. Do you know if there is a dress code for lectures and if all lectures are recorded?
Looking at previous years, it looks like recorded lectures was an issue.
No dress code, yes all lectures are recorded. Vast majority are not mandatory unless a faculty member is teaching for the first time they may make it mandatory

Got an II will be declining, hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

The welcome session is casual/non-professional clothes correct? I'm assuming I should only dress up for the actual 30-min interview

For those who received IIs, how long after sending the confirmation survey did you receive a confirmation email for your II? I sent mine a few days ago but have not heard back since and am worried about my app getting withdrawn.