2022-2023 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's true! People were accepted two weeks ago as late as 4 or 5 and Albion mentioned that they call pretty much whenever they can so it can be anytime. And at this point in the game, no news is better than bad news since UNC doesn't do silent rejections!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder too if they may do tomorrow since it'll be the 15th?

Reactions: 2 users
Humbly for me only, the phone call can come on whatever day, UNC wants. I would just like to receive it. I also hope and pray all who are hoping and dreaming here get it too. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just btw some A’s went out on 3/2 in case ppl were wondering

Faculty may also be busy today since MS4s were told whether they matched or not yesterday, so they might be helping students who did not match go through the SOAP process to get a residency spot before Friday. Idk if that would be the reason if they didn't release decisions this week, but it could be. If I hear anything about more As, I'll let y'all know!

Reactions: 7 users
The committee will meet for the final time on March 20th. Info from a friend who works with admissions. Hang in there, guys. We have worked hard for wherever we end up.
I'm optimistically having faith in this being credible, so hopefully I'm not spreading fake news, but don't forget about this little piece of info from the previous page

Reactions: 4 users
I'm optimistically having faith in this being credible, so hopefully I'm not spreading fake news, but don't forget about this little piece of info from the previous page
It is real :) I’m hoping they release some this week (maybe tomorrow?) because if they don’t that means they have filled the class per AAMC guidelines :( still holding out hope for some sort of answer before 5 or tomorrow!

Reactions: 7 users
The AAMC traffic rules are just recommendations and “are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of the individual schools or programs.”

I think we all still have hope for next week!

Reactions: 3 users
It is real :) I’m hoping they release some this week (maybe tomorrow?) because if they don’t that means they have filled the class per AAMC guidelines :( still holding out hope for some sort of answer before 5 or tomorrow!
That guideline just says they should send out as many acceptances as they have seats in the first year class by 3/15 (which based on the lists I've seen this year they're probably close to if not already at). Every year they end up sending out significantly more As than there are seats though because a good number of people won't end up matriculating here and we usually end up taking a bunch of people off the waitlist too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for y'all, but there may or may not be answers by tomorrow and even if there aren't, I bet plenty of you will still get an A this year. Hang in there everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
I don't know if this will help or hurt but the FB group has 142 members currently in it versus 206 members from last year's group and 209 from the year before that. Even though some people might not have joined the group, hoping that means not all the seats are filled yet!

I don't know if this will help or hurt but the FB group has 142 members currently in it versus 206 members from last year's group and 209 from the year before that. Even though some people might not have joined the group, hoping that means not all the seats are filled yet!
This is actually very comforting

• Care
this makes me feel more calm :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so does no news this week mean all seats have been filled?

Reactions: 1 user
so does no news this week mean all seats have been filled?
Not necessarily, just that they have sent out a number of acceptances that is equivalent to the number of seats in the class. At least I think that’s what the guideline means… see Alibon’s post above :)

So when do you think those extra acceptances will be going out? It should still be before the end of this month right? Or is it going to be as accepted individuals withdraw?

Reactions: 1 users
I would assume they have at least a rough estimate of how many people have decided to go elsewhere by now, and we've heard from multiple sources now that there's going to be another wave before the waitlist, so I would assume we may hear back tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday. But honestly at this point I feel like anytime I've tried to guess, I've been wrong lol.

At our interview session (1-31), they told us by the end of March, so this week or next, I would think, but if the answer is yes, I really don't care when. :)

Why am I getting The Hunger Games night before the reaping vibes right now

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Most days, it seems to start around 12:00/1:00. But Alibon has mentioned it is kind of just whenever the interviewers have time during the day.

These are the days I wish I didn’t have a work from home job so I’d be too preoccupied to neurotically check my phone every 5 mins 😫

Congrats to those who have heard already today! That being said, the list was just sent out and some of the interviewers have several people to call or will be involved with clinical duties until later today, so don't start panicking yet if you haven't gotten a call ❤️

Reactions: 11 users
is the number only going to come from 984 and say chapel hill?
Nope. Most of us call from our personal phone and we come from all over the country. Sorry, but answer all your phone calls today!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to people who received the A today! Was wondering if you noticed if your portal changed this morning?

Congrats to those who have heard already today! That being said, the list was just sent out and some of the interviewers have several people to call or will be involved with clinical duties until later today, so don't start panicking yet if you haven't gotten a call ❤️
Do you know how many acceptances went out today? Thank you for the updates

Do you know how many acceptances went out today? Thank you for the updates
About 40. Biggest release I've seen so far this year, but I would bet its not the last one. Not sure if I'm really supposed to release that info, but whatever.

Reactions: 13 users
About 40. Biggest release I've seen so far this year, but I would bet its not the last one. Not sure if I'm really supposed to release that info, but whatever.

Alibon, our lord and savior.

Reactions: 9 users
I mean its only 2:30. I know a lot of people who heard around 3-4 and some who heard even later than that/the next day. I wouldn't give up hope yet. It ain't over til you get the official R letter!!

For what it's worth, our class groupme has barely over 100 people in it and I think about 6 of them are current students. This is despite having like 140 or so people on the FB group. Maybe this means some people are not leaning toward going to UNC? It could be more accepted people don't use either mode of communication/social media lol I am just trying my best to help out. It is looking like our class will be amazing! hoping everyone on this thread will be able to join us!

Reactions: 10 users
Is the portal update there for every student prior to getting the acceptance call? It’s a lot easier to look and see if any changes have been made to my portal than stress about getting a cal all day

No at the beginning there were a lot of portal updates, but for the last like 3 waves the portal hasn't updated until after the acceptance call to my knowledge.

I'm getting hit with severe anxiety now. 40 people getting A's today. I've never wanted to be a part of something more badly. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Brothers and sisters who wait (of which I am one), we need to have faith and keep on keepin' on! If we are accepted today or accepted the day before the semester begins, we are accepted and will be UNC physicians. Congratulations to our accepted brothers and sisters and never-ending strength of faith for those of us who wait in hope.

I mean I know both of my interviewers were physicians so there's honestly a good chance if I do get accepted it wouldn't be until 5 or 6. I can definitely relate to the paralyzing anxiety though LOL

Would a medical student ever give the call or would it mainly be the physicians? My interview was a 4th year student and a physician.

Would a medical student ever give the call or would it mainly be the physicians? My interview was a 4th year student and a physician.

Yes, both of them would! My brother was called by a student and a faculty member when he was accepted last year.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Me tonight